- Made in Petaluma, California with the World’s Finest Materials
- ¼” Pickup Input (active or passive)
- Control Features Include:
- Phase Switch
- Input Level Control
- Boost Footswitch with Variable Boost Level Control
- Variable Notch Filter (40Hz to 500Hz)
- Variable Hi-Pass Filter (40Hz to 200Hz)
- Fully Active 4-Band EQ Controls (+/- 12dB of Bass, Low-Mid, High-Mid & Treble) with Sweepable Low-Mid (150Hz-1800Hz) & High-Mid (300Hz- 5000Hz) Frequency Controls
- Separate Preamp Output Level Control (controls the Line Level Preamp Outputs)
- Mute/Tune Footswitch
- Tuner Output
- FX Loop
- Balanced XLR Direct Mic Level Out with Pre/Post & Ground Lift Switches
- Line Level Preamp Outputs controlled by the Preamp Output Level Control - Unbalanced & Balanced with Ground Lift Switch
- Powered by AC or Battery, auto-switches to battery if AC fails
Mesa/Boogie Rosette Acoustic DI-Preamp Pedal
When MESA® turned their eyes and ears toward amplifying acoustic sounds, one thing more than any other stood out as an objective; Do No Harm. In its sincerity and perfection, there is no reason to “enhance” the sound of the acoustic guitar, or any other acoustic instrument for that matter, but rather… just reproduce it.
Introducing the Rosette™ DI, an Acoustic Instrument Direct Interface that puts accurate reproduction at the top of the list, and yet, also offers comprehensive shaping power for enhancement when you might need it.
MESA® starts with the same Front End and EQ circuitry used in their Rosette™ 300 Two:Eight Combo, minus the Mic Input. Both products’ circuit design is derived from high end recording console design. This no-compromise approach ensures the purest signal path and lowest noise specs while at the same time insuring detailed, rich musicality and unrivaled accuracy.
The Rosette™ DI, Acoustic DI Preamplifier utilizes the same Front End and EQ circuitry found in our Rosette 300™ Two:Eight Combo, minus the Mic input, derived from high end Recording Console design.
From there MESA® included two additional sweep-able Filters to assist with feedback elimination in the live performance environment. NOTCH FILTER cuts a chosen frequency in a narrow band to remove resonant frequencies that cause feedback. This Filter removes those frequencies as it is rotated clockwise. The HI-PASS is also a Filter that cuts frequencies in the sub-harmonic range as it is turned clock-wise. This is very helpful in both eliminating unwanted low frequency feedback on stage as well as tightening up the low-end for specific instruments or musical styles.
A footswitchable BOOST is incorporated for increasing the level of certain musical sections like solos or anyplace a level increase is needed. The BOOST LEVEL sets the amount of BOOST when the BOOST switch is engaged. Additionally a footswitchable MUTE is also included which mutes the signal at the Rear Panel outputs but does not mute the side TUNER Output, enabling you to employ silent tuning between songs.
The fully professional EQ Section incorporates fixed shelving BASS and TREBLE controls plus two semi-parametric MID bands covering LOW and HIGH midrange frequencies. These can overlap for finite control over adjacent midrange frequencies or one might be used to combat feedback while the other is applied for Tone shaping duties.
Experience the new Rosette DI Preamp. The result of 48 years of definitive amp design and a focus to deliver the most accurate reproduction of your instrument’s acoustic sound possible in amplification.
The first thing you’ll likely notice on the Rosette™ DI Rear Panel are the two XLR Balanced Outputs flanking the others, which are ¼” phono jacks. These allow the choice of capturing the straight sound of your instrument or the sound of the preamp’s effect on the source.
Both XLR Balanced and ¼” Phono PREAMP OUTPUTS are provided to capture the sound of the entire preamp for a feed to either the Stage’s Monitor Board, a Recording Console, power amp or powered Monitors for larger Stage rig applications. The XLR PREAMP Output is Balanced while the ¼” PREAMP Output is Unbalanced. Both of these Outputs are optimized for LINE Level.
An XLR Balanced DIRECT OUTPUT is provided that allows a choice of origination points for the signal, which is determined by the SOURCE switch. PRE and POST are options and they are described below under SOURCE. This Output is optimized for MIC Level Input applications making it the obvious choice for a feed to the Front Of House Console or for Recording scenarios where you might want an unaffected source for later shaping and/or processing.
Either of these OUTPUTS may be used for the most appropriate destination or they may both be used simultaneously for different destinations, the most common of these scenarios being the DIRECT Output feeding the Front Of House Console and the PREAMP Output feeding the Monitor Console for further reinforcement of your Stage sound.
The XLR DIRECT OUTPUT allows you to choose between PRE, which captures the signal just after the INPUT buffer stage but before the GAIN control and 4-Band EQ, and POST, which captures the signal after the preamp and EQ section. Regardless of which location the signal is derived from, the OUTPUT will be MIC Level (-30dB -10dB).
BALANCED OUTPUTS GROUND LIFT SWITCHES
Both Balanced OUTPUTS include GROUND LIFT switches that allow the lifting of PIN 1 on the XLR to help eliminate the possibility of different Ground references causing unwanted noise or hum.
FX LOOP: FX SEND and RETURN
A Series Effects Loop is provided for interfacing outboard processing and this appears as two ¼” phono jacks labeled SEND, where the signal is taken at the end of the preamp, and RETURN, where it is returned, buffered and passed on to the output stage and then to the MASTER. The Loop is likely best for time-based effects such as Chorus, Flange and Delay. Since fewer effects like overdrive, compression, envelope filters and wah are used with Acoustic Instruments, the need to put devices in front of the ROSETTE DI will likely be infrequent, but should you find yourself using these types of effects, place them there in the signal path.
DC POWER JACK
The internal Battery can be bypassed to run the ROSETTE on standard voltage wall power. Simply connect the Power Supply to the jack and the internal battery will be disconnected automatically. However, the DI Preamp can be easily powered from any 9VDC power supply and draws less than 45mA so it’s very pedalboard friendly.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).