Mesa/Boogie Amplifiers Express 5:50+ 50-Watt 2-Channel Guitar Amp Combo w/ FX
- With uniquely inspiring Tone, the Express Plus 5:50™ has become one of our most popular amplifiers. All-Tube and hand-built in our only shop in Petaluma, CA, the Express Plus 5:50 offers genre-defining sounds, near-limitless versatility, and unbeatable value that others can only imitate. The Express Plus 5:50 features several exciting features that take it even closer to the flagship status of our award-winning MARK FIVE®.
- Both Express Plus™ models use the same super versatile, tone-packed preamp featuring two fully independent Channels, each of which contain two style enhanced modes to choose from when creating your footswitching preferences. Channel 1 hosts the blooming low-gain sweetness of CLEAN or the snarling mid-gain percussiveness of CRUNCH and covers the rhythm territories.
- Channel 2 offers a different face to mid-gain with the howling honesty of BLUES or a high-gain adventure through the searing layers of molten harmonics in BURN. Together these two inspiring modes invite years of solo exploration.
- Both Express Plus models, the bouncy 25 watt 5:25 with its 2xEL84 9-pin power tubes and the bolder 50 watt 5:50 running 2x6L6 octal-base pentodes, now feature our patented Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable power switching. This valuable feature allows you to run the output tubes in your choice of three different wattage ratings per Channel – very cool right?
- But what’s amazing is this – each power mode has it’s own tone-spawning operating class and wiring configuration! Choose the full power mode of 50 watts in the Express Plus 5:50 for Class AB running in a Push-Pull configuration for punch, authority and headroom. Or, kick down to 25 watts for Class A Pentode and a more silky, vintage voice with enhanced clip potential. And for the ultimate in low wattage power, knock it down to the 5 watt mode… now you’re running one tube in Class A Triode wired in a Single-Ended configuration.
- Obviously we were thankful the patent office saw the possibilities and rewarded our efforts with a patent, but what excites us is the look on players faces when they hear and feel this power section magic for the first time.
- Our rich All-Tube REVERB enhances the spatial quality of your Express Plus 5:50 and each Channel provides an independent Reverb Mix control so you can get the perfect blend of this beautiful effect for each of your footswitchable sounds. The Reverb effect can be triggered on and off via the included Footswitch.
- The Express 5:50 features a dramatic enhancement in the EQ department with the inclusion of our time-honored 5 Band Graphic Equalizer! The sliders are added in addition to the original Channel Assignable PRESET contour controls and you can now choose whether you want to use the Sliders or the PRESET in each Channel with the EQ Assign mini toggle. The EQ, whether set to call up the Sliders or the PRESET controls, is also footswitchable and can be called up at any time via the Express Plus Footswitch.
- Outboard Processing is handled by the series EFFECTS LOOP, keeping patching to a minimum and protecting tonal integrity a priority. The Express Plus amplifiers are compatible with most good quality processors and using this feature for all of your rack-type effects will produce gratifying results. Select a format below for complete technical specifications.
- Amp Type: Tube
- Chassis Material: Aluminum
- Rectifier Type: Silicon Diodes
- Preamp Tubes: 5x Mesa 12AX7
- Power Amp Tubes: 2x Mesa 6L6
- Bias Switch for Alternate Power Tubes Types: n/a
- Maintenance Free Fixed Bias: Yes
- Wattage(s) Quick Reference: 5, 25 or 50 Watts - Channel Assignable - See Power Amp Details for more information
- Power Amp Details (Class & Wattage): Mesa's Patented Multi-Watt™ (Patent 7,602,927) Power Amp, featuring Duo-Class™ (Patent 7,173,488) technology, provides three power and two operating-class options that are channel assignable via two 5/25/50 Watt Power Switches: Choose 1 power tube operating in pure vintage Class A (single-ended), producing 5 Watts - 2 tubes running in pure Class A, Push-Pull, producing 25 Watts or 2 tubes operating in time honored Class A/B power, producing 50 Watts
- Convection or Fan Cooling: Convection
- Number of Footswitchable Channels (or Modes): Two Channels
- Number of Style Modes: Four
- Number of Style Modes Per Channel: Two
- Types of Style Modes Per Channel:Channel Controls: Each Channel Features Independent 2-Position Style Mode Switch, 5/25/50 Watt Multi-Watt™ Switch, Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Footswitchable Reverb, Master and Footswitchable or Auto-Assignable Contour Depth Control
- 1 = Clean or Crunch
- 2 = Blues or Burn
- Graphic EQ and/or Contour: Selectable 5-Band Graphic EQ and Contour (Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or Off)
- Reverb / Effects & Bypass Options: Footswitchable, All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Controls
- Effects Loop & Bypass Options: Fully Buffered Series FX Loop
- Global Solo Level Control & Bypassable Options: Yes (Over each channel when activated)
- External Switching Jack Options and/or Midi: External Switching Jacks for Channel 1/2, Reverb, EQ & Solo
- Speaker Outputs: One 8 Ohm and Two 4 Ohm
- Cabinet Material: Marine Grade, Baltic Birch
- Standard Finish Options (no extra cost): Black Taurus Vinyl with Black Jute Grille
- Custom Finish Options: See Custom Finish Gallery
- Speaker(s) & Impedance: 1 - 8 Ohm Celestion Custom 90 / Total Load = 8 Ohms
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).