Music Store Live is proud to be an official Mayones dealer. If you haven't checked these guys out yet, you're in for a real treat!
Aptly named after one of the best slap artists around, this bass will leave you in awe! Wojtek Pilichowski is world renowned for his slap technique, but just because you're a master at your craft, doesn't mean that you don't need tools to help you execute more easily. But let's say you want to do more than just slap away like a funk machine, then this original Pi design will give you that extra little bit of darkness (compared to the new "slap machine" Pi 3) to help you stay punchy and defined when playing fingerstyle. This bass just absolutely smokes! Slapping on it is truly effortless. The strings bounce off the fretboard and provide tight and punchy lows with crisp and sizzling highs. But make no mistake about it, this is FAR from a one-trick-pony. The bass sounds great with fingerstyle playing too. You can get a barky and throaty bridge pickup tone or dial in the neck pickup a to round it out for a sound that is massive but never muddy. The Bartolini soap bars sound awesome and have just a touch of natural compression and darkness to them, which is great when slapping, and also really shines when playing fingerstyle. The Aguilar pre-amp is open and edgy so you never have to worry aboburieding burried at the bottom of a mix and it counteracts the Bart pickups nicely. So although this bass absolutely is the Ferrari of slap basses, make no mistake about it, this is a versatile axe that could very well be the last bass you ever need to show up to a gig with. It won't hurt that you'll also have an instrument that looks thoroughly bitchin'!
Mayones presents the signature bass lines built under guidance of and inspired by Wojtek Pilichowski, one of the most popular Polish bass players, world-renowned for his superb slapping techniques, the author of 7 solo albums (over 70 000 copies), 4 guides and lessons for bass guitar and a contributor on more than 120 CDs of other artists.
Wojtek Pilichowski signature bass follows the basic specs of our top of the line active basses, with neck-thru construction, profiled Swamp Ash body, Bartolini Soapbar pickups, Aguillar built-in electronic & Schaller hardware. Signature special features in standard of this version are: Wenge-Padouk neck, Eye Poplar top (natural color, gloss), which both add up to the modern deep warm sound & exclusive look of this instrument. The model is outlined with an acrylic pearl Pi sign between 11-13 fret of the Ebony fingerboard. Available only in 4-stringed version, fretted.
Mayones guitars and basses are hand-crafted in Poland using traditional European luthier techniques and the finest components available. Professional musicians worldwide depend on their Mayones to provide stunning sound and consistent playability night after night. Mayones artists include Between The Buried And Me, Korn, Katatonia, Limp Bizkit, Paradise Lost, Keith Merrow, Periphery, Jimmy Haslip and many more. Reserve your Mayones today and see how it inspires your own creativity.
- Mayones Custom Pi - Wojtek Pilichowski Signature
- Natural Gloss Finish
- Profiled Swamp Ash Body Wings w/Wenge Middle
- Eye Poplar Maple Top
- Neck-Thru Construction
- 5-Ply Wenge-Padouk Neck
- Ebony Fretboard
- 20" Fretboard Radius
- 34.25" Scale
- 24 Med Jumbo Frets
- Pi Symbol Inlay (Frets 11-13) + Side Dots
- Schaller M4 Tuners
- Mayones X2 Two-Piece Bridge
- Bartolini Soapbar Pickups
- Aguilar OBP-3 Active Preamp
- Controls: Volume, Blend, Middle, Treble/Bass (stacked)
- Ebony Nut
- Schaller Security Straplocks
- Mayones Hardshell Case Included
- 100% Handcrafted
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).