- Built in the U.S.A.
- True Bypass
- High grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Top mounted input and output jacks
- 9V power jack power draw: 50mA
- 2.5″ x 4.5″ x 1.5″ (63.5mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switch
MATTHEWS EFFECTS -The Whaler V2
The Whaler V2 is an original fuzz pedal that takes your guitar from a Velcro monster of the depths, to a massive attacking beast of the sea. Built on a desire to find the elusive tone that is always taunting us, the Whaler V2 uses a truly original dynamic fuzz circuit that takes you from a pushed tube amp tone to fuzz hysteria. Dive into its deceptively simple controls for a deep wealth of tone unlike any other fuzz pedal. This new version has an added gain stage, substantially increasing The Whaler V2's range and depth of sound.
SCULPTING YOUR FUZZ
Achieve different fuzz and gain tones using the "Sustain" and "Squish" knobs. "Sustain" is a wide range control that lets you dial how hard the signal hits the front end of the circuit, taking you from a dirty drive to a thick, blubbery fuzz. The "Squish" knob adjusts the positive bias of the different gain stages, which changes the overall characteristic of the gain, from a ripping velcro, gated sound to a more open traditional fuzz.
DYNAMIC TONE CONTROLS
The Whaler's dynamic EQ starts with the “Tone” knob, which when turned clockwise, produces more highs and less lows and vice versa. The "Body" control sculpts the mid response from all-out scooped, to a heavy mid EQ. These two deceptively simple knobs offer a wide range of tones available at your fingertips.
- Output - Volume of the effect
- Sustain - Controls amount of fuzz
- Squish - Control bias of the fuzz
- Tone - Turned clockwise, increases highs and decreases lows and vice versa
- Body - Lets you scoop the mids
BUILT IN USA QUALITY CONSTRUCTION
Rick Matthews obsesses over every last detail to make the highest quality and intuitive pedals available. This commitment to excellence is on full display with The Whaler V2. Its wide range of dynamic fuzz tones make for a pedal that is as vast and wild as the seven seas.
- High-grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Top-mounted jacks make pedal board placement effortless
- Soft-touch footswitch designed for the abuse of the road
- Includes Matthews Effects limited 5-year warranty
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).