MIDI Data from variable controllers:
- MIDI Control Number
- Program, Bank LSB, Bank MSB
- Pitch Bend
- GM/GM2/XG SysEx Messages
MIDI Data from buttons/switches:
- Note On
- Note On/Off toggle
- MIDI CC On/Off toggle
- Program, Bank LSB, Bank MSB presets
- MIDI Machine Control functions
- GM/GM2/XG SysEx messages
- Weight: 46.7 lb / 21.2 kg
- Size: 55 x 14.0 x 5.5 in / 135.5 x 35.5 x 14.0 cm
The M-Audio® Oxygen 88 USB MIDI controller delivers a highly expressive playing experience that’s designed to satisfy players who need the feel of a piano combined with the power of a modern MIDI controller. The 88-note, graded hammer-action keybed offers an impressive feel and response—while 32 assignable buttons, knobs, and faders provide complete control over your music software. DirectLink mode automatically maps these onboard controls to common DAW functions* including transport, mixer, track pan, and plug-in parameters. Built-in presets offer support for popular virtual instruments right out of the box—no complicated setup required. Featuring an unparalleled combination of great feel, total control, and ease of use, Oxygen 88 is the perfect choice for both studio and stage.
A Pleasure to Play
We carefully designed the Oxygen 88 keyboard to emulate the feel and response of an acoustic piano. Graded hammer action means that the keys are slightly heavier in the bass and lighter in the treble areas—just like the real thing. We’ve also incorporated four highly musical velocity curves, so you can choose the one that best suits your playing style. In addition, Oxygen 88 includes three pedal inputs so you can incorporate two sustain pedals and one expression pedal for total piano-style control over your performance.
Streamlined Session Compatibility
Featuring 32 assignable knobs, faders, buttons, and transport controls, Oxygen 88 gives you total control over your session. Dedicated Track up/down buttons let you navigate from track to track at the touch of a button—allowing you to stay engaged in the creative flow of recording and mixing music rather than going back and forth between QWERTY keyboard and MIDI controller. DirectLink mode automatically maps Oxygen 88 controls to common DAW parameters*—while factory presets provide instant mapping to popular virtual instruments including Xpand!™2, Hybrid™, Velvet®, Strike®, Oddity, ImpOSCar, and MiniMonsta. Use the dedicated Select buttons to quickly switch MIDI channels and presets for deep tactile control over multitimbral software instruments. Interfacing a MIDI controller with your software doesn’t get any easier than this.
Pro Tools Compatible
The Oxygen 88 MIDI controller offers out-of-the-box integration with Pro Tools® software—the industry-standard DAW found in professional, project, and personal studios around the world. With DirectLink, the Oxygen 88 controls instantly map to key parameters in the Pro Tools Mixer, Edit, and Transport windows—as well as the powerful suite of virtual instruments bundled with Pro Tools. Together, Oxygen 88 and Pro Tools software provide a streamlined workflow in a formidable system with tons of interface options and industry-standard file compatibility.
Beyond the knobs, faders, and buttons, Oxygen 88 delivers a host of other controls to help unleash your creativity. Assignable pitch bend and mod wheels add feeling and expression to your performance. Four customizable zones with dedicated buttons enable you to layer sounds, split the keyboard, and create huge, stacked patches. Three unique select buttons make it easy to step through presets, program changes, and MIDI channels on the fly. Dedicated track up/down buttons let you quickly navigate tracks in your DAW, while two dedicated snapshot buttons instantly send parameters to your software. Dedicated transpose/octave buttons complete the package.
M-Audio pioneered the mobile MIDI keyboard controller category, and we continue to be the best-selling name in the game.** In fact, M-Audio controllers are used by more professional producers and players than any other brand on the market. Thanks to continued innovation over the course of nearly a decade, you’ll find that the Oxygen 88 controller has a solid, reliable build—and puts as much musicality into the keyboard as it does into the complement of other MIDI controls. And since it’s lightweight for its size, it’s the perfect way to go from studio to stage and beyond.
A New Approach to Making Music
With Ignite, you can now capture your ideas quickly with professional results. Individual musical ideas are captured as phrases, simply called clips. Multiple clips can be played back together, or even grouped to create more complex phrases and song sections. Ignite provides seamless integration with any current M-Audio keyboard controller. Once connected to your computer, the key parameters will be automatically assigned, or mapped, to the front panel controllers. This tight integration provides an out-of-the-box solution that simply works—with no set-up chores to perform.
Sound Your Best
Included with Ignite are over 275 remarkable instrument sounds developed by AIR Music Technology. In addition to a versatile arpeggiator, Smart MIDI technology provides both a Chord Player and a Phrase Player that can introduce new musical parts to enhance your production—even a drum pattern. Email your ideas to the rest of the band. Share your musical ideas and songs with other musicians through SoundCloud—all without ever leaving Ignite. Plus, you can export WAV and MIDI files, and then import them into any DAW recording software—including Pro Tools.
Ableton Live Lite
Ableton Live Lite delivers much of the functionality of Ableton Live—the revolutionary, multi-award winning music production solution that allows you to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise and edit your musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment. Live brings your acoustic, electronic and virtual instruments—as well as your digital audio recordings and MIDI sequences—together in a single interface with unparalleled ease of use.
Ignite Music Creation Software
Ignite offers a new musician-based workflow that empowers your ideas and brings them to life
- 88-note graded hammer-action keybed with 4 selectable velocity curves
- 8 MIDI-assignable knobs9 MIDI-assignable 60 mm faders
- 9 MIDI-assignable buttons
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- Dedicated track up/down buttons
- Assignable pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 dedicated snapshot buttons (advance and mute)
- 3 unique select buttons for on-the-fly step-through of presets, program changes, and MIDI channels
- 3-digit LED
- DirectLink mode automatically maps controls to common DAW parameters
- Factory presets map controllers to popular virtual instrument software
- Compatible with Pro Tools and other digital audio workstation software*
- 4 velocity curves
- 3 pedal inputs:2 sustain pedal inputs
- Expression pedal input
- MIDI out port
- USB port for computer connection and bus-powered operation
- 9V DC power jack
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Mac OS X
- Includes Ableton Live Lite
- Includes Ignite music creation software
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).