- Mike Lull Custom M4V
- Swamp Ash Body
- Maple Neck (Graphite Reinforcements)
- Birdseye Maple Fretboard
- 1 1/2" Nut Width
- 34" Scale Length
- Aguilar Hum-Canceling 4J-HC Pickups
- Aguilar OBP-1 Preamp (2-band boost-only EQ)
- Controls: Volume, Blend, Tone, Stacked Bass/Treble Boost
- 3-Ply Black Pickguard
- Chrome Hardware
- Hipshot Ultralite Tuners
- Aluminum Bridge
- Full Electrostatic Shielding
- Protec Contego Mike Lull Deluxe Case
- Instrument Weight: 8.1 lbs
Chances are that if you've listened to your fair share of bass players, you've probably heard someone rocking a Mike Lull bass (even if, perhaps, you didn't realize it). Music Store Live is very proud to now be an authorized Mike Lull dealer and be able to offer up these amazing basses to you guys!
Mike's instruments are used by bassists in Cheap Trick, CCR, Pearl Jam, Heart, Death Cab for Cutie, Queensryche, The Aristocrats, and supporting artists such as Justin Timberlake, Rhianna, Mariah Carey, Bon Jovi, Allen Stone, Travis Tritt, Blake Shelton, Eric Johnson, Bruce Springsteen, Joe Bonamassa... the list goes on and on and on... The point is that Mike Lull's basses can be found on some of the biggest stages in the world supporting artists in virtually every conceivable genre. Country, pop, hip-hop, R&B, funk, classic rock, hard rock, fusion, blues... There truly just isn't any limit to what these basses can do. Some of the most discerning players in the world choose these basses because they know that it will never let them down!
This is so much more than just a high-end copy of a traditional design. Hand-made in Washington, these basses are the cream of the crop.
This M4V is J-bass through and through, but with some added versatility and a bit of a refined sound to it. You can still run the bass in passive mode and achieve those old school traditional tones while having access to an active 2-band EQ preamp that adds a hi-fi modern sound to your tonal pallet. The hum-cancelling Aguilar pickups and preamp are upgrades that generally incur an additional charge from Mike Lull. We're offering these upgrades to you at no additional charge! These are the truest sounding hum-cancelling single coils I've yet to come across. They genuinely do sound like single coils and not mini-humbuckers (which, to my ears, are what the majority of hum-cancelling "single coils" end up sounding like). The boost only active preamp allows you to dial in as much bass and as much treble as any reasonable human being should ever need without giving too many controls to worry about and get in your way. For the player that likes simple control layouts but still needs a bit more versatility than a traditional passive instrument can provide, it really doesn't get any better than this.
The build quality is thoroughly perfect. High-quality lightweight tuners, a super lightweight yet perfectly balanced body, and spot-on immaculate fretwork really help to instantly clarify why these basses are worth what they are. From top to bottom - this beast is a tone monster (and you can rock out for hours on end in extreme comfort with how little it weighs and how beautifully it plays)!
Our leading seller the M4V, (M is for Modern/V is for Vintage) sports a fantastic classic vintage vibe with all the wonderful attributes of a 60's/70's Jazz bass combined with modern active/passive electronics. Above all, playability is Mike's number one goal in each and every build; the M4V hits it on every mark!
» M4V: M is for Modern, V is for Vintage
» Every Mike Lull bass is hand-built by Mike Lull himself
» Built in the USA in Bellevue, Washington, just outside of Seattle
» Every Mike Lull instrument gets a PLEK precision fret-leveling
The M4V is our leading seller, and with good reason.
This Mike Lull M4V is 100% brand new and is being sold by an authorized dealer with full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive.
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).