- Type: Valve Amp Head
- Controls: Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble, Gain
- Channels: 2
- Inputs: Bass x 2 inputs, Treble x 2 inputs
- Resistance: 4, 8 or 16 Ohms
- Power: 30 Watts
- Pre Amp: 2 x 12AX7 Tubes
- Power Amp: 2 x EL34 Tubes
In 2017 Laney reissued the LA100BL as a celebration of 50 years of business. This original 100BL amplifier was the first used by Tony Iommi on the debut Black Sabbath album. Tony pushed the front-end with a Arbiter Dallas Rangemaster to create the saturation that he needed, and there the sound of heavy metal was born.
Laney reissued the LA100BL to coincide with Black Sabbath's final tour – a rather poetic ending to the band's long career, with the same amp featuring at both the beginning and the end of the band's long touring life. This 100 watt behemoth had a wide and open sound that was perfect for large stages in the '60s, where it could push a huge amount of air when PA systems weren't adequate for mic'ing up a guitar amp.
However, today's modern PA systems mean that, if you require significant volume, guitarists can use a lower powered amp and use the PA for the serious projection. The 30 watt Black Country Customs LA30BL Head is a realisation of this principle. The amplifier was conceived in the '60s but never released – today it has finally found its place.
Highly Usable 30 Watt Volume
A 30 watt valve amp is the ideal level for allowing you to push the power amp tubes for glorious saturation, whilst still maintaining sensible volume levels for smaller venues and rehearsals. The Black Country Customs LA30BL Head has 12AX7 preamp tubes feeding EL34 power tubes for a true 'British-style' sound. It has the same preamp as the LA100BL for the same tonality which is very open and uncompressed. This makes it ideal for use with a pedalboard – it is quite a clean amp that responds fantastically to boosts and overdrives, with a smooth and warm breakup for a true vintage sound.
The Black Country Customs LA30BL Head has a simple 3-band EQ with presence control. It has multiple inputs (Treble and Bass) for different flavours of overdrive. The amp is hand-made in the 'old fashioned' way, with turret boards and hand populated PCBs. If you're seeking a true vintage response and user-experience, this is it. Laney also has a Tony Iommi signature booster pedal and 2 x 12 cab which make this the perfect package for achieving early metal tones, and much more - the vintage response of the amp makes it inherently more versatile and capable of performing in a surprising range of musical genres.
- Lower powered version of the LA100BL – a reissue of the first amplifier used by Tony Iommi in the band Black Sabbath (and the last on their final tour)
- 2 channels accessible via bass and treble inputs
- 2 gain level inputs
- Gain control and 3-band EQ with additional presence control
- Built in the old-fashioned way – hand made in the UK
- 30 watt volume level lets you push the power amps hard at manageable volume levels
- EL34 power amp tubes driven by 12AX7 preamp tubes for a classic 'British' tonality
- Smooth and open gain levelling – the louder the amp, the more the drive
- Very responsive to input boost pedals
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).