- System type:Active Studio Monitor
- Low-Frequency:6" Woven Kevlar woofer
- High-Frequency:1" soft dome tweeter
- Frequency Response:49Hz - 22kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Max Peak SPL:111 dB
- Amplifier Class:Class A-B
- Power Output:90W
- High Frequency:30W
- Low Frequency:60W
- Input Impedance (Ohms):10 K Ohm balanced
- HF Level Adjust:+1dB shelf / Flat / -1dB shelf
- LF Level Adjust:whole, half, quarter
- System Volume:(-30dB - +6dB)
- Auto Mute:(on / off)
- Indicators:Power, Clip, Limit
- Indicator Control:Clip Indicator (On / Off / Limit)
- Input Connectors:
- Balanced 1/4"/XLR Combo
- Ground Lift:On / Off
- AC Power Input:
- Selectable 110V-120V / 220V-240V (50Hz - 60Hz) or 100V (50Hz - 60 Hz)
- Enclosure Construction:Structural Foam
- Finish:Black Textured Paint
- Port Configuration:Front firing slot port
- Compatable OmniMount:30.0 WBX
- Dimensions (H x W x D):14.36" (365mm) x 10.35" (263mm) x 9.66" (245mm)
- Weight:27 Lbs. (11.6 Kg.)
Drawing upon the design characteristics of our Expose E8B, the new VXT Series of monitors consists of three models, the VXT4, VXT6, and VXT8. With a visually striking enclosure design that is equally functional, providing low resonance, improved structural integrity and extended low-end, slotted ports for reduced port turbulence, plus a sleek curvature that provides excellent imaging characteristics and a widersweet spot the VXT monitors achieve a new level of precision.
The domed tweeter (comprised of true silk for fast transient response) and the new woofer design (with its stiffer, lighter cone that provides low distortion and extended low-end) both have vented formers to remove heat and reduce the effects of power compression, enabling these monitors to maintain their sonic signature.
With uncompromising attention to detail that includes tamper resistant switch covers, integrated Omni Mount support and more, the VXT Series is an outstanding choice for a broad range of monitoring applications.
At KRK, our focus has always been to make the most accurate studio monitors available at any price. So when you use a VXT powered monitor, you can be confident that you get the most accurate reproduction of your mix. VXT's diffraction-limiting curved surfaces, silk-domed tweeter, seamless crossover, and KRK's trademark yellow Kevlar woofer bring superior audio imaging, outstanding transient response, and amazing detail. For over 20 years, KRK has mastered the art of recording monitors, and the VXT is the culmination of this art. Listen for yourself, and believe!
Radical curves for better imaging. The molded shape of the VXT allows for radically curved surfaces that sound better. Traditional rectangular speakers suffer from diffraction as sounds leaving the edge of the cabinet are reflected back into the sound field causing phase distortion. The VXT virtually eliminates diffraction and delivers excellent imaging characteristics and a much wider sweet spot. There are no discontinuous elements to create diffraction.
Ports Where They Belong. Take a look at competitive monitors and you'll find ports on the back of the cabinet. These rear-firing ports tend to create bass coupling with walls and corners amplifying low frequency information which will color your mix. The superior design of the KRK VXT include front-firing ports, which are just the right shape to reduce port turbulence. You'll appreciate the clean and accurate bass performance this approach delivers, even at high SPLs.
The VXT uses high-tech ABS Structural Foam in its cabinet. This material is very rugged and extremely impact resistant, and makes it possible for KRK engineers to create a speaker with no internal parallel walls, thereby preventing sound-coloring internal nodes. This material also has far better damping characteristics than traditional speaker materials which eliminates coloration caused by cabinet resonance.
Revolutionary materials, Revolutionary Sound The new, stiffer, lighter woofer cone has an extruded aluminum pole piece and vented formers. This improves transient response, reduces distortion and extends low-frequency response due to this lighter, stiffer cone. The aluminum pole piece and venter formers eliminate overheating which improves performance.
Catch A Wave, For A 3D Mix Our recessed silk-domed tweeters provide amazing high-end detail. Our careful design of dome and waveguide geometry coupled to the curved front baffle are optimized for on and off-axis linearity resulting in excellent imaging and a wider sweet spot.
ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) Foam Enclosure
- High density / low resonance material giving improved structural integrity and rigidity resulting in an extended low-end response. Allows the internal design to have complex shapes and non-parallel walls, increasing rigidity and reducing internal nodes. ABS also has extremely high impact resistance and excellent damping characteristics which reduces cabinet resonance.
Front Firing Radiused / Non-parallel Ports
- Facilitates the smooth passage of air molecules which reduces port turbulence at high signal pressure levels. Front ring to avoid wall / corner coupling.
Radiused Enclosure Edges
- Eliminating diffraction and phase distortion results in improved imaging characteristics as well as a wider sweet spot at the monitoring position.
Silk Domed Tweeter
- The domed tweeter is comprised of true silk for fast transient response. Silk construction reduces ear fatigue and the tweeter waveguide geometry ensures HF directivity.
Woven Kevlar Cone
- The inter-molecular hydrogen bonds of Kevlar give the cone high tensile strength for it's light weight. Kevlar also maintains its strength and resilience over a wide temperature range. The lightweight and resilient properties of Kevlar reduces distortion and delivers extended low-end performance as compared to cones made from paper or polypropylene.
Proprietary Woofer Design
- The aluminum pole and vented formers remove heat and reduce the effects of power compression ensuring audio performance is consistent and does not deteriorate over time.
HF and LF Controls
- Adjustment of the LF response is provided to allow compensation for room response and desktop positioning. Adjustment of the HF is provided to compensate for room acoustics or to reduce ear fatigue when listening for extended durations.
Multiple Protection Circuitry
- Thermal, over voltage and over-current circuitry is employed in the design. There is also a switchable limiter which will protect the unit from transients in the signal path.
- Allowing the disconnection of the ground terminal to help resolve issues such as hum and buzz caused by ground loops in poorly configured power systems.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).