- Sound System
- Analog modeling sound engine + PCM sound engine
- Maximum Polyphony
- 24 voices
* The polyphony of the entire pattern varies depending on the Oscillator, Filter, and Insert Fx type.
* Independent parameters for each voice have been simplified; four voices share the parameters of one conventional voice.
- Type (409), Pitch/Glide, Edit
- Oscillator Types
- Kick (56), Snare (58), Clap (16), HiHat (42), Cymbal (14), Tom (16), Percussion (55), Voice (16), Synth FX (18), Synth Hit (18), Inst Hit (16), Synth (55), Instrument (28), Audio In (1)
- Filter (Cutoff), Resonance, EG Int, LPF/HPF/BPF (16)
- Type (72), Depth, Speed
- Amp/Envelope Generator
- Level, Pan, Attack, Decay/Release, Amp EG On/Off
- Scale Types
- Gate Arpeggiator Types
- Sampling Frequency
- 48 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion
- 24 bit
- Insert Effect
- One unit (can be used on each of the 16 parts)
Type (38), Edit, Insert FX On/Off
- Master Effect
- One unit
Type (32), Touch Pad, Master FX On/Off, Master FX Hold On/Off
- Number of Steps
- 16 steps x 4
- Number of Parts
- 16 parts
(one part consists of a sound, steps, insert effect, modulation sequence, etc)
- Number of Patterns
- 250 patterns (200 Presets / 50 Initial)
(one pattern consists of parts, master effect, key, scale setting, etc)
- Motion Sequences
- Up to 24 motion sequences can be stored (for each pattern)
- Groove Types
- Pattern Set
- Up to 64 patterns can be stored
- Pattern Chain
- Up to 250 patterns can be chained
- Ableton Live project file format, WAV file format (48 kHz, 16 bit)
- Event Recording
- Up to 100 files can be saved
- Trigger Pads
- Number of Pads
- 16 pads (Velocity sensitive)
- Trigger, Sequencer, Keyboard, Chord, Step Jump, Pattern Set
- Touch Pad
- Gate Arp, Touch Scale, Master FX
- L/Mono, R Output (Standard phone jack)
Headphones (Stereo mini jack)
Audio Input (Stereo mini jack)
- In, Out (Use an included MIDI adapter cable)
- Type micro B
- In, Out (Stereo mini jack)
- External Storage Device
- SD Card (512 MB -- 2 GB), SDHC Card (Up to 32 GB)
- Power Supply
- AC adapter (DC 9V) or AA battery x 6 (Alkaline battery or Nickel metal hydride battery)
- Battery Life
- Approximately 5 hours (Power Saving: ON, with Nickel metal hydride battery)
- Current Consumption
- Less than 500 mA
- Zinc die cast
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 339 x 189 x 45 mm / 13.35” x 7.44” x 1.77”
- 1.6 kg / 3.53 lbs
- Color Variations
- Metallic Blue (electribe2-BL), Gray (electribe2)
- Included Items
- AC adapter (DC9V), MIDI adapter cable x 2, Ableton Live 9 lite (License card included)
- Sync Cables SQ-CABLE-6
- Gig Bag DJ-GB-1
The fastest and most intuitive way to make beats.
A production machine with a variety of analog modeling sound engines.
The electribe is a synthesizer-based production machine that turns inspiration into sound at maximum speed. It contains numerous analog oscillators and a wide variety of filters. Whether you're selecting sounds or editing them, all operations are performed simply by using the top panel knobs. In addition, a variety of input interfaces optimized for inputting rhythm, bass, or melody allow you to smoothly create sequences as fast as you can think.
The sequences that you create can then undergo additional evolution on stage or in your laptop. You can enjoy intuitive live performances that link various devices with the electribe, or utilize this capability for full-fledged music production by exporting sequence data to Ableton Live for detailed editing and final mixing.
The latest system version 2 adds a much-requested pattern chain function that will be a great asset for live performances or music production. The lineup has also become more colorful with the new metallic blue model. And we've also provided bonus patterns that reveal even greater sonic potential.
Making your beat-making ideas rapidly take shape. It's the electribe; a synthesizer + sequencer that's thoroughly optimized for speed.
A new metallic blue model – a nod to the legacy of electribe
Following the chic gray unit, the lineup has been joined by a metallic blue model that's reminiscent of the previous model, the ELECTRIBE MX. Complemented by the numerous colorfully illuminated LEDs, this unit will energize your playing.
Many new functions added via system update
Updates make the electribe evolve daily. System version 2 adds support for the much-requested pattern chain function and undo function, as well as support for original value display. Users who already own an electribe can update their unit and then enjoy playing.
Download over 200 bonus patterns
Electribe artists, sound designers, and beat makers from around the world have created bonus pattern data packed with new sounds, phrases, and sequences. These 203 different patterns include synthesizer sounds, drum kits, and ideas that work with a variety of musical styles. They are provided as reference materials for your beat-making or as foundations to give you new inspiration.
Effortless knob-based synth creation
A powerful and expansive analog modeling + PCM sound engines
The sound engine of the electribe provides 55 types of analog modeling oscillator, giving you a high degree of flexibility to quickly create sounds. You can choose from simple waveforms such as Saw, Pulse, Triangle, and Sine, or more complex varieties such as Sync, Ring Mod, Cross Mod, and VPM. Parameters have been carefully selected to allow maximum effect with minimum editing. This means that you simply need to select an oscillator and turn the knobs to create sinuous bass lines, gigantic poly synth sounds, warm pads, or an infinite variety of any other synth sounds you want.
Also provided are PCM oscillators ideal for creating sequences, including 257 Drum/Perc sounds indispensable for beat-making, 44 instrument-type sounds such as Piano, Organ, Brass, and Guitar, and 52 types of voice and sound-effect sounds.
The much-requested polyphonic performance support now makes it easier to create styles such as house music, where chord-work is important.
Numerous filter types to further shape your sound
Filters are at the center of synthesizer sound design, dramatically transforming the sound generated by the oscillator. In addition to the electribe filter newly developed for the electribe, there are a total of 16 filter algorithms such as MS-20, MG, P5, OB, and Acid, simulating the filters of classic synthesizers. By selecting one of these filter types and adjusting the cutoff and resonance, you can make powerful sounds with great creative freedom.
Modulation section for quick access to dramatic sound-shaping parameters
The modulation that's so important for sonic creativity is designed to be easy for anyone to control. Modulation sources such as EG and LFO are available paired with a modulation target such as Filter Cutoff and Oscillator Pitch; simply choose from 72 modulation types and then adjust the speed and depth to apply the type of modulation that you want.
A wide selection of insert effects add the final touch to parts and patterns
A total of 32 insert effects are provided, including compressor, overdrive, and EQ. Effects can be specified individually for all parts, letting you have uncompromising control over the nuances of your sound.
From inspiration to pattern creation in seconds
The electribe allows you to input up to 64 steps (16 steps x 4) for each part (sound). You can create beats by combining up to 16 of these parts per sequence pattern.
The step sequencer of the electribe allows extremely intuitive pattern production. The 16 trigger pads and the touch pad with XY control provide a variety of modes that instantly reproduce the phrases created by your ideas, allowing rhythms and phrases to be input without requiring musical knowledge.
This mode is ideal for auditioning the sounds before you enter a sequence. The trigger pads are velocity sensitive, and by striking them rhythmically you can input drum and percussion patterns that have a sense of life and movement.
This mode is ideal for inputting rhythm. You can step-record by using the 16 trigger pads which correspond to 16 steps. This method makes it easy to see the timing of the notes, and can also be used for editing after realtime recording.
This mode is ideal for playing melodies. The 16 trigger pads act as a keyboard, allowing you to play melodies according to the scale/key settings. You can also change the octave.
This mode is ideal for playing chords. Simply by pressing a trigger pad, you can easily play chords according to the scale/key settings.
Gate Arp mode
This mode is ideal for inputting bass riffs or hi-hat parts with a sense of groove. While playing the trigger pads or the touch pad, you can use the gate arpeggiator to generate rhythmically detailed notes.
Touch Scale mode
This mode is ideal for those who are not comfortable with playing melodies on the keyboard, or as a way to generate some inspiration. Simply by moving your fingertip over the touch pad as on the Kaossilator, you can freely produce phrases according to the specified scale/key settings.
The electribe seamlessly lets you edit sounds and input sequences in parallel. Input a sequence and edit the sound while listening to it. Efficient beat-making that would be difficult using just a DAW becomes stress-free on the electribe, which allows you to think at the same speed as the music you're hearing.
Motion Sequence records parameter movements
The motion sequence function records and reproduces knob movements. You can add time-varying movement to looped sounds, creating a completely original flow of sound.
Last Step selector generates unconventional time signatures
The last step function lets you change the number of steps in the selected part. You can create unexpected and unconventional rhythms by specifying a different number of steps for each part. This function is also useful when you want to instantly change the character of the song, or when you want to adjust the length of the song.
Groove adds a natural rhythmic feel
You can choose from a total of 25 groove types that reproduce the playing technique and rhythmic feel of percussion instruments such as congas and bongos. By selecting a groove type for each part and adjusting its dynamics, you can create a natural-sounding rhythmic feel that's liberated from the 16-step grid.
From studio to stage, total control over your patterns
Control your sequences in real time with absolute freedom
Sequences that you've created on the electribe will shine even more on stage when you use the various functions provided for this purpose.
For example by using, the step jump function that lets you jump instantly to the step you press, you can create dynamic performances as though you were performing the sequence itself.
The electribe also lets you freely use the trigger pads and touch pad to add sounds during your live performance. Thanks to the scale/key settings, you'll never play a wrong note.
The sequences that you create can be played not only on stage, but are also fun to tweak in real time. The dynamic character of such changes makes this one of the electribe's great pleasures.
Use Pattern Set and Pattern Chain to build and organize full arrangements
The pattern set function lets you register your favorite sequence patterns to the trigger pads and instantly switch between them. While you play, you can switch successively between patterns to vary the beat.
In system version 2, a pattern chain function has been newly added. Using this, multiple sequence patterns can be connected for successive playback, allowing you to construct large-scale development in your song.
X/Y pad offers real-time effects performance
You can use the touch pad to freely control the master effect just as on the Kaoss Pad. You can use spatial-type effects to add overall resonance, or use "Looper" to easily create the texture of your sequence, or even use effects such as "Seq Reverse" or "Odd Stepper" to aggressively transform the music. This is also enormously effective in a live performance.
Sync, MIDI, and Audio In jacks for integration into any setup
Since there's a sync jack for easy connection to KORG's groove machines, you can connect the electribe to your electribe sampler, volca series unit, or SQ-1 for playback sessions that are synchronized with your sequencer.
MIDI connectors are also provided for inter-operation with your DAW. By adding the electribe's performance to your laptop-based stage setup, you can take advantage of even greater performance possibilities.
The electribe is also equipped with an audio in jack. By connecting an external device and selecting the "Audio In" oscillator, you can use the filter or effect to process the external audio input, or energize your performance by using the step sequencer to turn the output on/off.
In the past, machine-centric live setups required numerous synthesizers, samplers, and sequencers. Today, the electribe can function in a variety of roles, either as the master device at the center of such a setup, or as a slave device that adds sparkle to the performance. Experiment with connecting different instruments to create your very own live setup.
Add the finishing touches to the sequences you've entered
Inter-operation with Ableton Live for a new production workflow
Using your software, you can take the numerous beats that you've come up with and assemble them into a finished product. KORG has partnered with the German company Ableton to provide a new music production workflow that uses both hardware and software.
In addition to the conventional audio export, the electribe has a function for exporting to "Ableton Live" DAW software. When the dedicated project file that's exported is loaded into Ableton Live, an independent audio file for each part is placed in each track of Live, allowing you to edit each phrase using loop, mute, or chop, and then mix the result. After the music you envision has taken shape as a sequence with the rapidity that's possible only with hardware, you can then use your software to edit the material in detail. This is the new workflow with the electribe.
Since the electribe comes with a license card that lets you download "Ableton Live Lite" at no charge, you can experience this new workflow right away.
Event recorder captures your performances as you play them
All playing gestures on the electribe, including trigger pads and touch pad operations, can be recorded by the event recorder function. The recorded performance is saved in the electribe's own format, and can be played back immediately on the electribe, reproducing the realtime operations of your live performance.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).