Klark Teknik DN200 Active Stereo DI Box
Building on the success of the DN200 offers the same high headroom, dynamic response and sonic clarity, with the added convenience of two stereo channels in the same sized enclosure. DN200 is ideal for interfacing computers, keyboards, samplers and other electronic musical instruments to mixing consoles, and faithfully reproduces the character of electric and acoustic instruments, allowing far more of the detail of musical performances to be captured. DN200 is intended for professional applications where +48 V phantom power is a standard feature on all mixing consoles, and its innovative design results in a significantly higher clipping point than many other active DI Boxes, providing +10 dBu output into a 2 kΩ load. This increased headroom means that much higher level input signals can be accommodated without the need for an attenuating pad. Combined with a very low noise input circuit topology, DN200 offers a very wide dynamic range and only requires a single -20 dB pad, which is optimised for use with electronic musical instruments.DN200 is built to handle the rigours of life on the road, a thick aluminium extrusion protects the electronics, and in turn is covered by a tough silicone rubber sleeve.
Input Summing and Output Splitting
DN200 offers two flexible signal routing options, in Sum mode both inputs are summed at -6 dB to maintain the overall signal level and are routed to the left output. In Split mode, the left input is routed to both outputs at unity gain. Both option switches include LEDs for clear indication of signal routing.
Balanced transformer-isolated outputs
Exhaustive listening tests using a wide variety of active and passive bass guitars, electro-acoustic guitars and electronic musical instruments were carried out to select the components for DN200 to achieve the best musical sound. Not only was the choice of the audio transformer particularly important in achieving this goal, but the impedances of the surrounding components were also highly critical in getting the best possible performance out of the audio transformers. The line-driving characteristics of the transformer outputs were carefully optimised to provide the best frequency and phase responses for short and long cables and widely differing line and termination impedances.
Care was taken in the design of the DN200 to avoid audio transformer core saturation and a fixed high pass filter has been included in the signal path to roll off frequencies below those that are musically important. The lowest note on a 5- or 6-string bass guitar is B0 with a frequency of 30.87 Hz, and the lowest note on an 88-key piano keyboard is A0 with a frequency of 27.50 Hz. DN200 still maintains a frequency response of ±0.5 dB at these lowest musical notes.
As well as the transformers in the signal paths, DN200 also has separate transformers to isolate the independent power rails to the two input circuits from the phantom power supply sourced from the output XLR connectors. When used in conjunction with the Earth Lift switch, this full galvanic isolation of input and output interfaces ensures that any risk of earth loops is avoided when taking direct feeds from stage backline equipment.
A custom instrumentation-grade input circuit was designed for the DN200 using advanced analogue design techniques to create the very high input impedance required by passive guitar and bass pickups, whilst keeping the actual component values low to minimise noise. This innovative approach to circuit design produces a very low noise floor, which combined with the high clipping point creates an unrivalled dynamic range in a +48 V phantom powered DI Box.
DN200 features two Neutrik Combo combined XLR and ¼ " TRS connectors with dual input impedances. When connecting to the XLR input only, the input impedance is 20 kΩ, ideal for line level equipment and offering even lower noise performance. This input impedance is far too low for guitar and bass pickups and is removed from the circuit when a jack plug is inserted into the ¼ " TRS input, resulting in a nominal 1 MΩ input impedance, ideal for passive electric pickups.
Stereo RCA Phono inputs are also provided for the connection of consumer audio equipment and also feature a 20 kΩ input impedance. Link output ¼ " TRS jack connectors are also included for each channel.
Illuminated 20 dB Pad and Earth Lift Switches
DN200 features illuminated global 20 dB Pad and Earth Lift switches, which act on both channels simultaneously, which along with the individual +48V indicator LEDs for the independent phantom powering of the two channels, provide 'at a glance' status display, even at wide distances and viewing angles.The Earth Lift switch separates the input and output grounds, useful in eliminating earth loops between equipment on different mains electricity supplies.
Built for the Road
Featuring a tough aluminium extrusion, the DN200 is designed for the rigours of live concert touring. The protective silicone rubber sleeve also insulates the DN200 chassis to further enhance its electrical isolation. Premium Neutrik XLR connectors are used to ensure reliable audio connections, night after night.
- High headroom design with +48 V phantom power for extended dynamic range
- Sum and split options for flexible signal routing
- Fully transformer-isolated design ensures electrical separation between PA and stage equipment
- Balanced line inputs on Neutrik Combo XLR and high impedance 1/4” TRS connectors
- RCA Phono inputs for connection of consumer audio equipment
- Independent phantom powering for each channel for maximum reliability
- Global 20 dB input pad and earth lift switches
- Aluminium extrusion casing with protective silicone rubber sleeve
- Compact and rugged design
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).