Designed as an homage to the classic 1176LN, every effort was made to keep the 1176-KT FET-Style Compressor true to the original D and E versions of the iconic signal processor. At the same time, we modernised the completely discrete signal path using hand-selected components and custom-engineered MIDAS input and output transformers – for the ultimate in pristine sonic performance.
MIDAS - The Legend in Sound Quality
Ever since its formation in the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations worldwide, legendary MIDAS consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became industry standards.
MIDAS has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build-quality and in particular for their Award-winning Mic Preamps, which are considered by industry experts as the industry’s best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality.
KLARK TEKNIK is proud to incorporate MIDAS designed input and output transformers for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about MIDAS’ amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website.
Sublimely Easy to Operate
The compression ratio is selected by pushing any, or all, of the Ratio buttons located to the left of VU meter. Ratios available are: 4:1 for moderate compression; 8:1 for severe compression; 12:1 ratio for mild limiting; and 20:1 for hard limiting. Using the “All-Button” mode can be especially effective when applied to drums, bass, guitar, and room mics – or for more aggressive “in your face” vocals.
Attack & Release
1176-KT’s Attack knob adjusts the amount of time it takes the compressor to respond to audio that exceeds the threshold. The response time is slower at the fully counterclockwise position and faster when turned clockwise. The Release knob adjusts how long the compressor remains engaged after the incoming audio falls below the threshold. The response time is also slower at the fully counterclockwise position and faster when adjusted clockwise.
Vintage Style VU Meter
In keeping with the design of the original processor, the 1176-KT features an illuminated, vintage-style VU meter for visual confirmation of gain reduction (GR) and output levels. A meter reading of 0 corresponds to an output level of +4, +6 or +8 dBm, depending on which button is engaged.
- Classic FET-style compressor modeled after iconic 1176LN*, D and E Revisions
- Completely discrete signal path
- Class-A line-level output amplifier
- Custom-built, MIDAS input and output transformers
- Push button selection of compression ratios: 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Ultra-fast attack time: 20 to 800 microseconds
- Adjustable release time: 80 to 700 milliseconds
- Vintage-style meter features gain reduction and output
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs on Neutrik* XLR connectors
- Rugged 2U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).