The 2016 Keeley Tone Workstation - Ten years ago we invented and built a small batch of the Tone Workstation, which then moved into the hands of famous players and collectors. John Mayer recently took two of the originals out on the Dead & Company tour. For 2016 it’s more than a re-release; it’s a completely new, re-engineered workstation. The Keeley team of engineers and designers have upgraded the tone, enhanced the features, and reduced the size to now fit on anyone’s board.
Introducing the Tone Workstation
The front end of your signal chain–this is where your tone develops. The first stage of amplification is critical for a sound that has clarity and delivers expressive tone. Compression, Drive, Overdrive, Boost: you get it all here. The Tone Workstation is designed to be the first stage in your pedal board. It may even be the only pedal you bring to a gig. And we designed it that way.
Starting with the classic Keeley Compressor, you can build a nice, thick tone full of sustain. Adjust the Sustain control for increased compression or squeeze. As you add sustain, your notes will ring out longer. The Blend control allows for a Manhattan-style compression, keeping the sound lively and crisp as you blend in your natural guitar tone. The Blend control is perfect for adding a little bit of bite back in with high output pickups or humbuckers. In addition, the Treble Boost switch can be engaged to further increase the treble and sparkle into the signal when using lots of compression. When the Blend is set completely CCW, you get only compressed signal out. Then, as you turn up the Blend, you blend in more and more of your original signal, all the way to a 50/50 ratio. The attack and release times are pre-set in this compressor and are set for use with humbuckers or single coils.
Next up is the 1962/Katana Boost section, because the Keeley Workstation gives you plenty of options for your core tone. With the 62/Katana channel, you can select a sound with just the right amount of break up. Or use it in Boost mode, for that clean, pushed amp-style overdrive. First, the 1962 is our British amp-style overdrive, which is full and even sounding with a moderate amount of crunch. Based on the famous Blues Breaker, the 1962 stage has been amplified by our Katana Boost on either side, adding tube-like saturation with our JFET valve simulation. But, decide you just want the famous Katana Clean push? No worries. Just a flick of the switch and you have it: pure clean, tube tone. In the Katana Mode, only the volume works; the Tone and Drive are disabled. It’s a clean sound people say you just can’t turn off.
Last in the chain is our renowned Red Dirt overdrive. You get 15 years of modding tube screamers distilled into one toneful circuit. Also featuring our JFET front end, the Red Dirt has the perfect amount of crucial midrange coupled with the option to go all the way from clean and clear to super-saturated gain, times two! The Red Dirt circuit captures every nuance of your guitar’s tone and delivers a classic, smoking hot, silky smooth lead tone.
Dimensions are 4.7 Inches wide x 3.72 Inches tall. Standard 9V Neg-Tip Power Supply and under 50mA.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).