In 2015 we brought you the Unicorn V1 ...the world's first bulb-driven photocell modulator with tap tempo...our very own Uni-Vibe if you will. This Spring 2018 we are proud to bring you the Unicorn V2
Pink Floyd’s “Breathe,” Jimi Hendrix’s “Star Spangled Banner live at Woodstock 1969," and Robin Trower’s “Bridge of Sighs” cemented the sound of a photocell-based vibe effect as an electric guitar standard. The JHS Pedals Unicorn is our version of this heralded effect, continuing the inspiring modulation/phasing/rotary sounds that never fail to push musical boundaries. And just like the originals, we included a toggle for choosing between a Uni-Vibe* effect and a traditional vibrato setting. What sets Unicorn apart from all other vibe-style circuits is that it is the first-ever fully analog, photocell-based vibe with tap tempo as well as ratio, external tap control, and external rate control via expression pedal (optional). And the Unicorn does it all with only four knobs and a mini-toggle switch. In a day and age when everything has been seen and done, we bring you the first-ever, 100% analog vibe photocell modulator with onboard tap tempo. You’re welcome.
Sounds as good as you remember
The Unicorn is bursting with all the lush and washy pulsations that changed what the electric guitar could sound like in the 1960s. And this is no digital emulation. The Unicorn sports the real-deal, analog photocell topology of the original units.
- Sounds like the originals because it’s built like the originals
- All-analog signal path delivers a warm, touch-sensitive tone
- Dry/Wet toggle selects between a Uni-Vibe* and vibrato effect
In-depth tempo control
There are other analog vibe pedals and there are pedals with tap-tempo control, but - if we’re allowed to gloat for a second - the JHS Unicorn is the first to put ‘em together. Add optional external speed control and a ratio knob that determines the rhythmic subdivisions - or as we like to say, how much fairy dust enters into the flux capacitor of the Unicorn - and you have one of the most versatile vibe pedals on the market.
- Control the rate of the effect with the Speed knob or onboard tap-tempo footswitch
- Want quarter note, dotted eighth, or triplet rhythms? They’re all found on the Ratio knob
- LED indicator notifies you of the effect’s tempo, even when disengaged
External tempo and expression control
But wait, there’s more! One of the things that makes the vintage Shin-ei* Uni-Vibes* so desirable is your ability to control the effect’s rate in real time with an external expression pedal. How could we not include that!? And to go one step further, you can slave the pedal to other tap-controlled pedals for rhythmic consistency across all your effects.
- Internal Tap/Expression mini switch controls the side-mounted Tap/Exp TRS jack
- Expression pedal control of the Unicorn’s rate in the Exp setting
- Use an external source to control the rate in the Tap Out setting (Works great with our Panther Cub Delay, Emperor Chorus pedals)
Couldn’t be easier to use
One of the things we’re most proud of with the Unicorn Uni-vibe* Photocell Modulator is how easy it is to dial up the exact pulse of a mystical Unicorn running across a field of 4-leaf clovers… but only if you dare.
- Four knobs and a mini toggle are all you need for a world of syrupy, modulated tones
- Left two controls are your tone, right two controls are your speed, toggle is your effect. It’s that simple
What's new in the V2
The original Unicorn sounds great and works perfectly, so we didn't change a thing about it other than: its now half the size, and its a lower price point!
When everything has been done and everything has been seen, we bring you a first ever 100% analog signal path Uni-vibe* Photocell Modulator w/ Tap Tempo.If you have kids or just want a copy of our picture book called The Rarest of All, go to the product page. This pedal requires standard 9V DC Negative power, consumes less than 100mA, and measures 2.2"x4.8"x1.6".
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).