In 1963 Silvertone* introduced the 60 Watt Model 1484 guitar amplifier. Originally a student model amplifier, the 1484 has since become legendary, hard to find, and coveted by some of the biggest names in music. From the time of its debut in the Sears Catalog until its discontinuation only four years later in 1967, the model 1484 "Twin Twelve" amplifier is considered a Van Gogh of sorts as it developed a great appreciation and worth years after being discontinued. Artists such as Beck, Death Cab For Cutie, The White Stripes/Jack White, and more recently Vampire Weekend and Coldplay have brought this rare amp to the forefront of popular music. The JHS Pedals "Twin Twelve" channel drive is the first ever all analog stomp box that replicates the classic preamp/overdrive tones only found in the Silvertone 1484 "Twin Twelve" amplifier.
The heart of the JHS Pedals Twin Twelve is the discrete transistor stages that take the place of the original tubes found in the amplifier. Each transistor stage of each pedal is meticulously hand tuned and adjusted for the perfect voltage that achieves a striking similarity to the real valve sound of the original amplifier. To help achieve the weight and power of the original valve design the circuit is designed around a charge pump that internally converts your standard 9V DC Negative power up to a powerful 18 volts. This conversion gives you more punch, better dynamic range, and overall one of the best amp-like feels of any pedal we have ever offered.
The JHS Pedals Twin Twelve V2 has five controls: Volume, Drive, Bass, Treble and Clean. The original amp only had Volume, Bass, and Treble. Let's start here and explain the additional Drive control that exists on our Twin Twelve pedal. The Volume control of the pedal acts as the master volume that the amplifier never had. By design, if the Volume control of the pedal is maxed out, the pedal is acting like a non-master-volume amplifier. The TT V2 has a more refined sweep and a better "sweet spot" than the V1 had when adjusting the Volume. The Drive knob of the pedal is essentially the Volume control of the amplifier. As you turn up the Drive knob of the pedal, you get more overdrive and tube-like saturation just like you would by cranking up the Volume knob on the amplifier. The biggest difference between the pedal and the original amplifier is that you can now crank the Drive knob of the pedal and turn the overall volume down with the pedal's Volume knob. The 1484 amplifier did not have this feature and made it at times unbearable to achieve the best cranked-up amp tones when in a small venue, small club, or bedroom situation. The Bass and Treble controls are almost exact replications of the 1484's Baxandall tone circuit with only minor improvements that make them work more effectively in a guitar pedal format. If you have ever played a real 1484 amp, you probably found yourself cranking up the amp's Bass control because the first 40% of the sweep was pretty useless and completely non-audible in change. On our pedal, we've adjusted the values within the Bass control network giving a more audible and useful control range. With the pedal's Bass and Treble set to noon you have the very classic and true 1484 amp tone with plenty of room to expand and tweak. The Bass and Treble controls of the pedal are active and allow you to cut or add frequencies. New to the version 2 is the Clean/Dirt toggle. It allows the TT to go from a clean preamp boost to the classic growling medium/heavy overdrive. The new Clean mode removes the Drive control from the circuit and turns the status LED to blue. In this mode, you will find clean and clear amp tones with a massive amount of headroom. The Clean mode shines as an all discreet boost, amp simulator, or as an always on preamp to fatten up your tone. When the toggle is flipped up, you are in the classic Twin Twelve overdrive mode and the LED turns red. The Clean/Dirt toggle is remotely switchable using the 1/4" jack on the top right side of the pedal. Set your normal TT tone and switch instantly to the Clean mode using the Red Remote for an on-the-fly secondary tone without using hardly any extra space on your board at all.
The Twin Twelve V2 can be used as an "always-on" clean preamp, an enhancer for your current rig, or as a powerful solo booster. The Twin Twelve excels at heavy amp-like overdrive tones, treble boosting, edge of fuzz overdrive, and more. We are convinced that this is one of our greatest offerings ever, and we think you will feel the same.
- Enjoy classic Silvertone 1484 tones without having to jump in a Delorean and turn back time.
- This pedal requires standard 9V DC Negative power, consumes less than 100mA, and measures 2.2"x4.3"x1.5"
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).