The Ruby Red is a collaboration with one of our favorite artists, producers, and writers in the industry, Butch Walker. He is most known for his breakout work in the Marvelous 3, as well as his long list of producing successes afterward such as: Pete Yorn, Pink, The Academy Is, Weezer, Panic! At The Disco, Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Fallout Boy, Ryan Adams, and many more. As one of the busiest and most in-demand guys in the industry, when he isn't in the studio, he’s on a stage. Butch contacted us to let us know that he loved the SuperBolt and had been using it in session after session. We started a conversation about his live rig for upcoming dates, and the rest is history. He needed one pedal that could do everything he needed and do it in the simplest and easiest way possible. Primarily playing a cranked Deluxe Reverb and depending on his guitar’s volume control for much of his dynamics, the pedal had to respond like an amp as well as feel like it was an extension of his amp. This is how the Ruby Red was created.
Looking at the pedal, you see four knobs, two toggle switches, and two footswitches. Let's break down the function of each. The left side of the pedal is our SuperBolt overdrive. With a volume, tone, and drive control that let’s you shape it as you desire. The Volume is a standard master volume, and it lets you cut or boost the overall output level of the effect. The Tone control gives you the ability to brighten or darken the overall tone of the circuit, and the Drive control is the amount of dirt created inside the circuit. The left toggle switch "+" adds more sag, compression, and gain to the circuit when desired and the left footswitch is the on/off switch for the SuperBolt giving you True Bypass operation of the effect. The right side of the pedal is a custom two-stage boost circuit that is perfect for slamming the front end of the SuperBolt or hitting your amp and creating natural breakup. The far right Boost knob controls the overall amount of boost in the circuit. The right toggle is an "order toggle" that lets you choose the order of the two effects (SuperBolt > Boost or Boost > SuperBolt) for personal preference and versatility. No matter what style music you play, the Ruby Red is a powerful tone shaping tool that will offer you everything from tone enhancement to boost, overdrive, distortion, and even fuzz.
Runs at standard DC Negative 9v operation.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).