The Pulp N Peel V4 is the result of over six years of tweaking, learning, and experimenting. The Pulp N Peel V3 has become a staple on thousands of players' boards all over the world and has gained a reputation for being the compression pedal for players who don't like compression. In version 4 we have stayed true to the things that made the PnP stand out among its competition while adding several new features that expand the circuit’s ability to reach into new territory, new tones and new ways of thinking about a compression pedal. These features include an improved detection circuit for smoother and more sustained tones, more headroom, a built in parallel overdrive-drive circuit, a tone control, and parallel 1/4" and DI outputs. Let's take a look at what makes the PnP V4 stand out in the crowd now more than ever.
Looking at the controls, we have Volume, Compression, Blend, EQ and Dirt. The Volume control is a standard master volume that lets you cut and boost the output signal. One major improvement of the V4 is that we have added even more clean headroom so you can use the PnP as a lead boost or drive a tube amp with ease. The Compression control rolls in compression/sustain as you rotate it clockwise. The Blend control works much like the faders of a mixing console. As you turn the control clockwise, you are blending in compressed tone in parallel to your dry signal. This control allows you to dial in the perfect amount of attack and clarity to your compressed signal so that you never lose the original tone of your guitar and amplifier. The EQ control lets you darken and brighten your affected signal. When set at noon, the control is bypassed. Turning the EQ to the left allows you to darken while moving to the right lets you brighten the tone. The Dirt toggle works in conjunction with the side accessible trim pot and allows you to activate your desired amount of dirt/overdrive into the signal path. This control is a magic bullet for bass players who want to cut through the mix or for electric players who only need compression and dirt as the foundation of their tone. On the side of the PnP you will also notice that the internal bypass buffer is switchable on-the-fly. For true bypass operation turn this off, but for buffered bypass signal to drive your long cable lengths and to restore lost tone, turn this on.
The inputs and outputs are fairly typical. The PnP runs on standard 9V DC power only. The right 1/4" jack is the input, and the left 1/4" jack is the output. The left side also has an XLR/DI output so that you can go directly from the PnP into a mixer or studio interface. This output makes the PnP an active DI channel strip for bass players or acoustic instruments. There is also a ground lift if the DI signal creates a hum.
The PnP design shines as a true and transparent compressor that loves single coils as well as humbuckers. If you have ever thought that compressors rob your high-end and dull your tone, the Pulp N Peel is the compressor that you never knew you needed. The idea behind the Pulp N Peel is to have a compressor pedal that you never want to turn off, that doesn't rob your attack, that has a very low noise floor, and that adds a professional polish to every chord, lead line, and note that blooms out of your guitar.
- Juice up your tone with a slice of the unique, easy to use, and powerfully versatile Pulp N Peel V4.
- This pedal requires standard 9V DC Negative power, consumes less than 100mA, and measures 2.2"x4.3"x1.5".
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).