The Milkman is a collaborative idea between Josh Scott of JHS Pedals and Tim Marcus of Milkman Sound. The concept is simple; a single pedal that offers up an echo/slap delay and a boost that can be used as an always-on enhancer or as an overdrive for small wattage amplifiers. Josh designed the circuit in late 2016 and here we are, a small footprint, easy to use boost/echo 2-in-1 that fits into any style players rig with ease. Let's look at the controls.
The right side of the pedal is the boost side. This boost is a discreet amplifier based circuit with tons of power and character. Simply set it low at unity gain for an always-on enhancer that fattens up and clarifies your tone, or turn more clockwise to push your tube amplifier into sweet natural overdrive. The left side of the pedal is the echo/slap delay circuit. This circuit is designed to emulate a hybrid of tape echo and analog BBD delay, and cover the tonal grounds between both. The controls are simple and it sounds good in every setting. The “Slap” knob is the amount of delay time. As you turn the knob up, you will get longer delay times. Keep in mind, this pedal is designed for shorter vintage slap-back delay times. The “Mix” knob is the effect level. Full counter clockwise is all dry and full clockwise is full wet/effect. The “Repeat” knob controls how many echoes or repeats you get. The minimum is one and maximum is around 4.5 repeats. "Repeat" knob lets you fine tune how many delays you will get. Lastly is the “EQ” knob. This control only affects the repeat delay signal so that you can perfectly adjust the brightness or darkness of your echo. When fully counter clockwise the repeats are at their darkest much like an old BBD analog delay. When fully clockwise the repeats are the brightest they will be with more grit, this is much like a classic tape delay machine.
The longest echo/delay time on the Milkman is about 240ms.
The footswitching is our typical 2 in 1 arrangement where either effect can be used separately or together. The foot switch on the left, the switch will turn the delay on/off and the footswitch on the right will turn the boost on/off.
The Milkman uses standard 9v DC Negative power only.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).