Frequency Range (-10 dB)
|45 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Frequency Response (+/-3 dB)||62Hz - 16 kHz|
|Power Rating||240 W Continuous Program (2 hrs)
120 W (480W peak), Continuous Pink Noise (2 hrs)
90 W (360W peak) Continuous Pink Noise (100 hrs)
|Maximum Input Voltage||27.5 V RMS (2 hrs), 55.0 V peak|
|Maximum SPL||112 dB ave. Continuous Pink Noise (118 dB peak)|
|Sensitivity||91 dB, 1W/1m (ave. 100 Hz – 10 kHz)|
|Coverage Angle||100° x 100°|
|Directivity Factor (Q)||7.3 (averaged 1kHz – 16kHz)|
|Directivity Index (DI)||8.3dB (averaged 1kHz – 16kHz)|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms (THRU setting)|
|Crossover Type||2nd order low-pass, 1st order high-pass, plus conjugate shaping|
|Transformer Taps||70V: 60W, 30W, 15W, 7.5W
100V: 60W, 30W, 15W
Insertion Loss: <0.94 dB at any tap setting
Thru Setting: 8Ω nominal
|45 Hz high-pass (24 dB/oct) for 8Ω operation plus 15W and 7.5W taps; 55 Hz for 30W tap; 65 Hz for 60W tap.|
|Low Frequency Driver||200 mm (8 in), woven-fiberglass cone with pure butyl rubber surround with Weather-Edge frame protection, high-temp fiberglass voice coil former, high-temp voice coil wire, optimized cone geometry, linear suspension spider, and FEA optimized motor structure.|
|High Frequency Driver||25 mm (1 in) PEI diaphragm, low-viscosity ferro-magnetic fluid, and lightweight Kapton™ voice coil former.|
|Enclosure Material||High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) with 10% glass fill, painted with highly-UV resistant paint on white (-WH) version for maximum UV fade resistance.|
|Grille||Highly zinc-plated, finished in durable TGIC polyester powdercoating. MTC-28WMG-1 (&-WH) available with WeatherMax™ multi-layer foam and tight-weave mesh vapor barrier backing.|
|Installation||InvisiBall wall-mounting system included. Two 6 mm attachment points (on top and bottom) for optional MTC-28WMG-1 (&-WH) U-bracket. Secondary safety attachment loop point on back panel.|
|Environmental||IP-44 per IEC529 (IP-55 when installed with the optional MTC-28WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grille and either MTC-PC2 or MTC-PC3 panel cover.) Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt-spray, temperature & UV. Passes MilStd-202F for salt spray and ASTM G85 for acid-air plus salt spray. Optional MTC-28WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grille for breaking up driving rain and for especially difficult environments.|
|Termination||Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper based, nickel-plated metal screws and washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside 4 mm inside open lugs (#6, #8, or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG / 2.5 mm2). Optional MTC-PC2 and MTC-PC3 protective panel covers available to provide sealed entrance for additional weather protection.|
|Agency Rating||ROHS-compliant; Transformer UL Recognized per UL1876|
|Colors||Black (RAL9004) or white (-WH, RAL9016)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||386 x 282 x 219 mm (15.2 x 11.1 x 8.6 in); 277 mm (10.9 in) deep total when mounted on InvisiBall wall-mount bracket.|
|Net Weight||6.8 kg (15.0 lbs)|
|Shipping Weight||15.4 kg (34 lbs) pair-packed (for 2 speakers)|
|Included Accessories||InvisiBall™ wall-mounting system), 6 mm x 180 mm hex key|
|Optional Accessories||MTC-28UB-1 – Yolk-type U-bracket (&-WH)
MTC-28WMG-1 – WeatherMax grille with backing (&-WH)
MTC-28/25CM – Ceiling-Mount InvisiBall adapter (&-WH)
• 8” woofer with woven fiberglass cone
• 1” PEI diaphragm tweeter with fluid cooling
- Contemporary, high-design appearance
- Built-in InvisiBall® mounting hardware*, plus available U-bracket
- Weather resistant enclosure and transducers
- Wide 100° x 100° coverage
- 120 Watt power handling (240 Watt program) in direct 8Ω setting, plus built-in 60 Watt 70V/100V multi-tap transformer.
- High fidelity sound character with broad frequency response of 45 Hz – 20 kHz.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).