Jackson Audio Prism Buffer, Boost, Preamp, EQ and Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal (Limited Edition Red)
The PRISM was designed using a systems approach to tone shaping. While the PRISM contains many features and circuits, those circuits are precisely crafted to work in harmony with each other to create a unique tone shaping tool with unrivaled flexibility and performance.
Housed in a custom designed stainless steel enclosure that features laser engraved artwork, the PRISM is one of the few pedals on the market that looks as good as it sounds! Keep reading below to learn more about what makes the PRISM so unique.
The PRISM was conceived between Brad and Nigel as a tool that players could use to unify their rigs regardless of the guitar being used. Since many guitarists will swap guitars but keep the same pedalboard and amp, we wanted to create a tool that would allow the players to re-voice their rigs for the guitar chosen and the +/-15dB active EQ in the PRISM accomplishes this with ease.
This active EQ gives an incredible amount of tonal control and range and has ZERO interaction between the BODY and TONE controls. Having ZERO interaction means as the player adjusts the TONE it will only adjust the high frequency response and not cause the low frequencies to shift and the same is true for the BODY control.
Perhaps the most useful feature of the active EQ in the PRISM is that when placed at the front of the players rig and used as a master EQ, the PRISM will allow the player to dial in their tone using ONE pedal and will prevent them from having to adjust the EQ of every pedal in their rig when changing guitars, amps or venues.
As a boost/preamp the PRISM contains three of the most distinct voices of boosts available. A transparent clean boost with no tonal coloring (TRANS), a boost that emulates a vacuum tube amp (AMP) and finally the boost circuit that started it all, the silicon treble booster (COLOR). These three circuits represent over 50 years of guitar effects from the earliest guitar pedal ever made to the more modern transparent voiced circuits.
Each boost/preamp circuit in the PRISM is totally discrete and shares ZERO circuitry with the other boost circuits. We did this so that each circuit would be completely true to its own voice and not have to compromise its sound for the sake of cost cutting or space economy. In fact every circuit is contained in its own true bypass loop so there is never any additional circuitry in the signal path.
Traditionally most players will use a boost/preamp pedal to drive the front end of a tube amp into overdrive and the PRISM does this very well given its huge amount of output however we encourage players to experiment by placing the PRISM at the front of their pedalboards and enjoy the host of new tones available as the PRISM boosts their existing pedals.
Note: To take full advantage of the PRISM we recommend placing it first in the signal chain as its active EQ will be most effective in that position and the treble booster circuit (COLOR) works best when connected directly to the guitars output. Treble booster circuits in general are known for cleaning up very dramatically when rolling back the volume control on the guitar and the PRISM is no different. For these reasons we recommend that the PRISM be placed first in the signal chain.
The PRISM is a true bypass pedal featuring our own silent switching circuitry and uses relays with a soft touch momentary contact footswitch to accomplish the bypass. We chose relay bypass because it is far more reliable than traditional mechanical true bypass methodologies and the relays themselves boast a lifespan of over 100,000 cycles.
At the very end of the PRISM we included a high current buffer that is used to strengthen your signal and preserve your tone regardless of how complex your pedalboard is or how long the cable run is back to your amp.
An extremely powerful active EQ, the TONE control adjusts the high frequencies by giving a +/-15dB boost/cut to those frequencies.
PRE GAIN SWITCH
Selects between 3 varying levels of gain for each boost circuit.
HIGH – Voiced for heavy breakup/lead tones.
MED – Voiced for mild breakup/rhythm tones.
LOW – Voiced for maximum clean headroom.
The BYPASS SWITCH is used to turn the PRISM ON/OFF and is also used to enter programming mode.
To enter programming mode, press and hold the BYPASS SWITCH for five seconds.
While in programming mode, rotate the BOOST control to set INDICATOR LIGHT brightness.
Press the BYPASS SWITCH three times to toggle the active state of the pedal between boot up ON (green) and boot up OFF (yellow).
Press and hold the BYPASS SWITCH for five seconds to save settings.
An extremely powerful active EQ, the BODY control adjusts the low frequencies by giving a +/-15dB boost/cut to those frequencies.
The BOOST control sets the overall level of boost available from the PRISM. Think of the BOOST control as a master volume that works in tandem with the PRE GAIN switch to dial in the ratio of gain to boost level.
Selects between the 3 boosts circuits available in the PRISM.
COLOR – Vintage Silicon Treble Booster Style boost. Perfect for Brian May (Queen) style rhythm and lead tones!
AMP – A very musical sounding MOSFET boost that emulates the tonal response of an overdriven vacuum tube amp!
TRANS – An ultra transparent 18V powered JFET boost circuit. Sounds like you only LOUDER!
The INDICATOR LIGHT indicates the ON/OFF status of the PRISM and changes colors to give a visual indication of the level of boost selected.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).