As a compressor, the BLOSSOM features an optical limiting circuit that takes its inspiration from compressors designed during the golden age of vacuum tube circuits. Optical compressors as they are called, are known for their transparency and subtlety. While the BLOSSOM can provide a very aggressive response at more extreme compression settings, its real strength lies in its ability to add a gentle sweetening and roundness to the tone as the optical circuit works to polish off any rough edges in the sound.
Because of its natural and touch responsive bloom, the BLOSSOM is ideal for players who typically don’t use compression but want the ‘mastered’ response that optical compression gives a guitarists tone.
The frequency response of the compressor section is flat as a board and does not boost or cut any of your highs or lows. Just like a well-designed compressor should, the BLOSSOM alters the dynamics of the guitar signal and not the tone. A good compressor should be felt and not heard!
When more subtlety is desired from the compression circuit, we have included a BLEND control that allows the player to blend in their clean, unaffected signal back in with the compressed signal. One of the best features of the Blend control is that it allows the player to dial in a really aggressive compression setting and then blend some of their clean signal back in with it. This produces the effect of giving the note a very natural attack while slowly fading in the sustain that comes from running a high compression setting.
Acts as a master volume for the BLOSSOM. Changes to the COMP and BLEND knob will typically necessitate a change to the Volume control to keep the overall level the same.
TIP! – When using high levels of compression, keep the VOLUME control at 3:00 or lower to avoid any unwanted clipping in the compressor circuit.
The BLOSSOM features a very unique EQ circuit that is known as a "tilt" EQ. When the EQ control is set at the 12:00 position, the tone of the BLOSSOM is totally flat. When the EQ control is rotated clockwise, the treble frequencies are increased and the bass frequencies are decreased. Conversely, when the EQ control is rotated counter-clockwise, the treble frequencies are decreased and the bass frequencies are increased. This type of EQ is very effective when trying to adjust your tone to "fit in the mix." You'll that when you adjust the EQ to a brighter setting, not only will your guitars tone stick out more in the mix, but your low end will trim up and add clarity to your tone.
Turn clockwise for more compression. Balance this with the BLEND and VOLUME control.
Allows you to blend in your clean uncompressed signal with the compressed signal. Full counter clockwise is full compression. Fully clockwise is full clean signal. TIP! Try running your COMP knob full up and use the BLEND control to adjust the intensity of the compression. Doing this will allow the attack of your note to feel normal while adding sustain to the back end of the note.
The BLOSSOM can safely run from 9V-18V DC (center negative). Running it at 18V will give increased headroom and dynamic response. Do NOT exceed 18V!
- Input Impedance: 1M
- Output Impedance: 100k
- Power Supply: DC
- Voltage Input: 9-18V MAX
- Polarity: Center Negative
- Max. Current Consumption: 20mA
- Dimensions: 1.8” x 4″
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).