- Power output: 2, 20, 200 Watts (switchable)
- Channels: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Ultra
- Noise Gate: IDB (Intelligent Dual Breakpoint) Noise Gate
- Integrated Effects: Reverb, Delay, Modulation (Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Tremolo)
- FX Loop: Serial
- Red Box AE+: 8 cabinet emulations, XLR balanced
- Fully Programmable Controls: Channel, Gain, Volume, EQ, Sagging, Presence, Resonance, Noise
- Gate, FX Parameters, FX Loop, Cabinet Type
- Remote Control: Bluetooth, MIDI
- Aux Input: Mini jack, 3.5 mm stereo
- Audio Streaming: Bluetooth
- Phones/Line jack: 6.3 mm (1/4″) stereo, 50 Ohms
- Speaker Out: 8-16 Ohms, switchable from guitar cab to full range speaker
- MIDI In: 7-pin, 20 V DC phantom power (150 mA), 5-pin compatible
- MIDI Out/Thru: 5-pin
- Max. power consumption: 300 W
- Speake: 1x 12″ Celestion G12H-75 Creamback
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 450 x 445 x 290 mm
- Weight: 14.9 kg / 32.9 lbs.
Designed to be the ‘largest’ sounding 1×12” combo ever produced and delivering a true wall of sound playing experience that players can carry in one hand, Black Spirit 200 Combo’s secret is in its enclosure: a closed-back front-ported birch plywood construction, it features perfectly tuned Thiele/Small ports for enhanced low-end response.
Meanwhile, well-balanced dimensions dampen the speaker’s movement and at the same time allow it to breathe, letting it unleash its full sonic potential and delivering more output than any other comparable housing.
The result is the punchiest yet most balanced frequency response ever in a combo of this size!
The secret behind Black Spirit 200’s incredible sounds is a groundbreaking new ‘bionic’ tone generating technology called Spirit. This strictly analog circuitry faithfully recreates the complex, dynamic processes known from classic tube amp designs, thereby delivering world class tone and responsiveness.
The compact 1×12 Thiele/Small enclosure which houses a UK-made Celestion G12H-75 Creamback speaker features perfectly tuned Thiele/Small ports. The result is the punchiest yet most balanced frequency response we’ve ever designed for a combo.
THE SECRET BEHIND THE WALL-OF-SOUND PLAYING EXPERIENCE!
To give you that genuine wall-of-sound feel and sound, we paired a unique Thiele/Small cabinet enclosure with a UK-made Celestion Creamback speaker.
What is Thiele/Small, we hear you ask? Well, it’s a common term these days, and it’s all about achieving the biggest possible sound out of a smaller sized, ported/vented speaker enclosure. Thiele/Small is named after A. Neville Thiele of the Australian Broadcasting Commission, and Richard H. Small of the University of Sydney, Australia.
SPIRIT: THE BIONIC TONE GENERATOR
Over the years, we’ve been exploring the origin of the tonal magic of tube amplifiers more and more deeply. And what became obvious is this: it’s about way more than just the tube. The true tonal magic emerges from all the ‘weird’ dynamic interactions between the single circuit sections and the amp stages, the transformers and the speakers.
Together, these highly complex and dynamic physical phenomena create that rich, organic and tactile sound experience guitar players are looking for.
The Spirit Tone Generator technology faithfully recreates the natural yet wildly complex interactions of traditional tube amp circuits on a digitally controlled but strictly analog working platform. This miniature masterwork houses the essence of the physics behind tube amplifiers, with all of the intensity – hereby creating the rich and responsive tonal behavior that gives you an unbridled joy of playing. Put simply, Spirit is made to inspire guitarists to perform at their best.
These two audio pioneers developed a way to calculate how large a speaker cabinet would need to be – and how wide and long the vented port should be – in order to achieve maximum low frequency performance.
The Thiele/Small development approach leads to well-balanced dimensions that dampen the speakers’ movement, while at the same time allowing it to breathe. Only in this way can the speaker unleash its full sonic potential and deliver more output than in any other housing – as you’re about to find out!
INNOVATIVE POWER AMP SAGGING CONTROL
Much of the fascinating tone of the great clean, crunch and lead guitar sounds is down to a drop in power supply voltage when spiking transient signals hit the output stage hard. Now, for the first time in an analog amp, Black Spirit 200 lets you adjust the amount of power amp sag and dial in creaminess and growl regardless of the volume level.
CHANNELS AND FX
Black Spirit 200 combo features four channels that take you on a trip through all the trademark tones of the last 60 years. And like four external stomp boosts, the channel-tailored boost will give you an even more assertive, creamier, or punchier tone! Four inspirational, strictly analog channels plus a complete range of built-in digital reverb, delay and modulation effects make it a perfect all-in-one solution, while a sophisticated FX Loop lets you connect external FX units. And it’s all accessible directly and with the trusted handling you expect from a real guitar amplifier.
SAVE YOUR FAVORITE TONES WITH THE PUSH OF A BUTTON
All parameters apart from the Master Volume can be stored in up to 128 presets and recalled any time you want! Black Spirit 200 combo is the perfect solution on stage and for your sound library in the studio or at home. Recalling all your favorite Black Spirit 200 tones couldn’t be simpler: just use the optional Hughes & Kettner FSM-432 MK III MIDI board, where every one of your presets is the tap of a toe away!
CAPTURE AMAZING TONES WITHOUT MICS
Hughes & Kettner’s award-winning Red Box has been the music industry’s go-to device for recording guitars without microphones for decades. Black Spirit 200 combo features the most highly evolved Red Box ever: Red Box AE+. It’s the simplest, easiest and flat-out the best sounding way of sending your tone to a mixer, a PA or a recording device. But what truly sets Red Box AE+ apart is its versatility: choose from eight different cabinet types
– from monstrous 4×12 stacks to compact 1×12 cabs, and anything in-between – to truly personalize your tone. This option is not only more convenient than miking up a cab. In most cases, it sounds a whole lot better!
Your personal connection to Black Spirit 200 is matched only in its totality by the amp’s connectivity to the musical world outside! Here’s how to get your Black Spirit 200 heard:
Black Spirit 200 Combo features the most highly evolved Red Box ever: Red Box AE+. It’s the simplest, easiest and flat-out the best sounding way of sending your tone to a mixer, a PA or a recording device. But what truly sets Red Box AE+ apart is its versatility: choose from eight different cabinet types – from monstrous 4×12 stacks to compact
1×12 cabs, and anything in-between – to truly personalize your tone. You can switch the output level from Mic to Line, so whatever you want to connect your amp to, the level will match.
Together with the Black Spirit 200 head the Black Spirit 200 combo also features a truly new kind of speaker output. With the cabinet type switch you decide if you want to play through a guitar speaker or a Full Range Flat Response (FRFR) cab. The Output Power switch limits the wattage according to the location or the power capacity of the cab you’re using.
The Black Spirit 200 Combo offers an additional connection for a second guitar box compared to the head.
And it’s the perfect amp for world tours: Black Spirit 200 runs on every voltage between 100 and 240 volts without affecting the output power or sound consistency!
NEVER LOSE A GREAT TONE AGAIN: APP FOR IPAD AND ANDROID
The official Black Spirit 200 App for iPad is not yet available from the App Store.
However, until the App becomes available, you can join the testflight group. Simply follow this link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/4eOomvre
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).