- Material: Mahogany
- Top: Custom Carved Flame Maple
- Style: Single Cutaway
- Binding: White Perloid
- Joint: Set Neck
- Material: Maple
- Profile: UltraSlim „D”
- Truss Rod: H-Expander™
- Material: Resinator™ Fingerboard
- Radius: 15"
- Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.50" (648 mm)
- Nut: GraphTech Black Tusq XL
- Nut Width: 43 mm
- Pickups: 2 x Custom 60 AlNiCo-5 Humbucker
- Brushed Aluminum Cover
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Controls: 1 x Tone Control with Push-Pull Coil Split
- Bridge: Long Travel Tune-O-Matic
- Hagstrom Sustain Block Tailpiece
- Tuning Keys: Hagstrom Design 15:1
- Strings: D'Addario (10-46)
Hagstrom Ultra Max
The Ultra Max shares the same small body concept of the Ultra Swede, yet with a slightly larger proportioned mahogany body topped with a thick custom carved flame maple top. The body joins to a mahogany set neck utilizing a mortise and tenon neck joint with a 25.50” scale length, which naturally features our H-Expander™ truss-rod and Resinator™ fingerboard. Its sleek and “ultra-comfortable fast neck” is paralleled with our Custom 60 Alnico-5 pickups with their eloquent Aluminum Brushed covers, delivering the cutting voice that this instrument demands.
Mighty Punch and Hot Sizzle
Each of the Ultra Max’s specially wound Custom 60 humbucking pickups utilizes Nylon coated wire united with an Alnico 5 magnet (unmistakably familiar to the “Custom 58”). However, the Custom 60 ultimately packs a mighty punch and hot sizzle compared to the vintage voiced Custom 58. Each pickup is controlled with its own independent Volume pot featuring our standard R/C circuit on each potentiometer, to help focus on its cleaner tones with a slight turn of the pot. It’s single Master Tone also features a dual coil split, using its push/pull tone configuration to allow for players to switch from “Full Humbucker Tilt” to “Spanky Single Coil Clean” in a heartbeat.
Drop Tunings, Flexibilty and Playability
The Ultra Max combines all of the power, long sustain, clarity and attack, as found with the “Ultra Swede”, yet offers players a fresh tonal pallet with additional flexibility and comfortable playability with its compact body. With its longer 25.50” scale length the Ultra Max handles drop tunings with ease, where players looking for a slightly slimmed body with a searing tone will have found their long-term mate.
The Ultra Max is available in four beautiful satin finishes: Satin Black, Fall Sky, Milky Mandarin, and Satin Cosmic Black Burst.
The most surprising aspect of these instruments will be their shockingly reasonable price. These are Hagstrom through and through, and built to be driven long and hard. Experience the new Hagstrom Ultra Max at your Hagstrom dealer.
The minute you lay your hands on a Hagstrom and strum it for the first time, you can instantly feel why Hagstrom has legions of devoted fans and why so many pro musicians have made it their “number one”.
Ultra Max Standards
All Hagstrom electric guitars and basses include our patented H-Expander™ truss rod. Providing tension at both ends and running the entire length of the neck, the rigid yet light-weight alloy truss rod allows for a very low action and thin neck, two factors that were instrumental in earning Hagstrom its reputation as the world’s fastest playing guitar. The H-Expander™ truss rod not only provides ultimate neck stability, but it also contributes to Hagstrom’s unique tone. Longer sustain and a round attack are some of the sonic characteristics the H-Expander™ adds to the tonal essence of Hagstrom.
Hagstrom models use 18:1 or 15:1 gear ratio machine heads based on our own designs to insure accurate tuning. Viking® and HB series basses feature machine heads with a 17:1 gear ratio.
Sustain Block Tailpiece
Hagstrom’s unique Sustain Block Tailpiece™ was the result of design work starting in 1976 and made its first appearance on Swede and Super Swede guitars produced in 1978. Since then it has been a signature feature on many of our solid body models. Each string terminates in a single, massive brass block coupled directly to the guitar’s body. The blocks are detached from one another to reduce interference between the strings, maximizing each string’s unique contribution.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Hagstrom. This Ultra Max is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).