- Material: Mahogany
- Style: Asymmetric Double Cutaway
- Binding: None
- Joint: Set Neck
- Material: Mahogany
- Binding: None
- Truss Rod: H-Expander
- Material: Resinator
- Radius: 15"
- Inlays: 6 mm Pearl Dot
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 24.75" (628 mm)
- Nut: GraphTech Black Tusq XL
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Pickups: 2 x Hagstrom AlNiCo-5 Retro-S
- Controls: 1 x Volume with R/C Tone Circuit
- Bridge: Long Travel T-O-M Roller Bridge
- Tailpiece: Hagstrom Vintage Tremar
- Machine Keys: Hagstrom 15:1 Ratio Die Cast
- Strings: D'Addario EXP 110 (10-46)
- Hagstrom Bag: E-20
Impala A fine looking bird
Hagstrom introduced the Impala model in 1963, and the instrument quickly found its way into the hands of many professional and aspiring musicians throughout the world. This was a period of great experimentation and innovation in electric guitar design. With their futuristic body shapes and unique assortment of tone-shaping options, the Impala stood out and became integral in creating great music and inspiring amazing artists. They have become highly sought after as collectibles, and vintage instrument still find its way onto stage worldwide since being discontinued by Hagstrom decades ago.
With their re-introduction in 2015, Hagstrom has taken great care to keep the set-neck “soul” of the Impala intact while incorporating important design improvements that will immediately appeal to modern players. The neck profile has been slightly rounded, weight balance of has been optimized, and important improvements to the “Vintage Tremar” tremolo have been made. Finally, an improved switching array maintains the look and function of the originals while incorporating modern, dependable, and ergonomic slide switches.
Since the tone of this instrument carved such a powerful space in the hearts of players, countless hours have been spent to reproduce the essence of the original pickups used in the Impala. The hard work has paid off with Hagstrom’s “Retro-S” Alnico-5 pickups, which expertly recreate the essence of the ‘60s sound and, at the same time, keep the door open for more modern sonic possibilities.
Hagstrom uses a variety of different neck joints throughout our range. Our set neck recipe is the classic and time tested Mortise and Tenon joint. A design that can often only be found on more expensive custom built guitars. We place our time and dedication to ensure a perfectly fitted neck joint, for each and every Hagstrom body and neck.
All Hagstrom electric guitars and basses include our patented H-Expander truss rod. Providing tension at both ends and running the entire length of the neck, the rigid yet light-weight alloy truss rod allows for a very low action and thin neck, two factors that were instrumental in earning Hagstrom its reputation as the world’s fastest playing guitar. The H-Expander truss rod does not only provide ultimate stability of the neck, but also plays a hand in providing you with the unique “Hagstrom tone”. Longer sustain and a round attack, are a couple of the sonic characteristics that the H-Expander adds to the tonal essence of Hagstrom.
In combination with the trusted long travel Tune-O-Matic roller bridge and the Graphtech Black TUSQ XL nut, the re-engineered Vintage Tremar vibrato unit keeps it original appearance while tremendously improving its functionality. Smooth vibrato action and great tuning stability included.
Fingerboard:Resinator Fretboard with Hagstrom 6mm Dot Position Marks / Graph Tech Black Tusq XL 43mm nut
Pickups:2 x Retro-S Alnico 5
Vibrato:Original Tremar System
Bridge:Tremar Roller Bridge
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Hagstrom. This IMP-TSB is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).