- Body: Single Cutaway - Asymettrical Design All Mahogany Construction Multi-Ply Binding
- Neck: Set Neck - Mahogany - Slim “D” Profile H-Expander™ Truss Rod Multi-Ply Binding
- Fingerboard/Nut: Resinator™ Fingerboard / 25.5” (648mm) Scale Length Pearloid Block Inlays 22 Medium Jumbo Frets / 15” Radius GraphTech Black Tusq XL Nut / 43mm
- Electronics: Lundgren Design AlNiCo-2 No. 2 Humbucker - Neck Position Lundgren Design AlNiCo-5 No. 5 Humbucker - Bridge Position 3-Way Toggle Switch Pickup Selector 2 x Volume Control with R/C Circuit 2 x Tone Control with Push-Pull Coil Split Chrome Knobs
- Parts: Long Throw Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Stop Tail Piece Hagstrom 18:1 Chrome Die Cast Tuners D’Addario (10-46) Strings
- Other: Case (Sold Separately) C-47 / Bag (Sold Separately) E-19
A collaboration between the design team at Hagstrom and “Papa Emeritus” and the Ghouls of the band Ghost, Fantomen (Swedish for “The Fantom”) transports Hagstrom’s legendary playability and technical excellence into a new, edgier realm. Hagstrom started with an elegantly asymmetrical solid-mahogany body to which they joined a mahogany neck using their classic mortise-and-tenon neck joint system. Of course, since it’s a Hagstrom, the Fantomen uses our H-Expander® truss rod and Resinator® fingerboard, providing the ultimate in playing surface stability and optimal tonal enhancement. Together these components create an incredibly stable, resonant and responsive sonic foundation.
With a relatively thin 1¼” (3.5cm) body, the Fantomen is beautifully balanced and surprisingly lightweight. A 25.5” (648mm) scale provides a slightly sharper attack amd more sustain than classic 24.75” scale guitars. A neck joint design that provides total, unrestricted access to all 22 frets will meet the needs of even the most virtuosic player.
Hagstrom's goal was to equip the Fantomen with electronics that would allow for a varied tonal pallet ranging from classic, vintage colors to screaming metallic brilliance. Hagstrom worked with Swedish pickup guru Johan Lundgren, designer of pickups used by artists such as Meshuggah’s Martin Hagström (no relation!). Lundgren recommended two different humbucker designs: No. 2 in the neck position and No. 5 in the bridge position. The result covers an immense expressive range; from smooth, warm tones to the kind of attack and intense dynamic output that would satisfy the demands of even the most extreme musical styles. Each pickup can be split to single-coil mode by means of push/pull switches incorporated into the tone controls for even more sonic flexibility. This guitar speaks with many distinct voices.
You can find the Fantomen on stage with Ghost during their 2017 Popestar tour, but you don’t have to be a Nameless Ghoul to play one, and you can be sure the Fantomen available at Pitbull Audio are identical in every way to the Fantomen used by the Ghouls.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Hagstrom. This Fantomen is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).