The original Fly Rig, introduced in 2014, was a true game-changer for players in all categories, from touring pros to bedroom hobbyists. At a time when pedalboards were expanding and backs were breaking, the innovative Fly Rig enabled players to slim down without sacrificing great tone, and travel without fear of baggage surcharges and dreaded mystery backlines. Going beyond being just a multi-effects unit, the all-analog SansAmp technology enables any Tech 21 Fly Rig to be an actual “rig.” You can run directly into mixers of recording desks and PA systems, as well as augment your existing amplifier set-up. Always seeking to improve our offerings and listening to customer feedback, we’ve incorporated some new features to follow the same form factor as later Fly Rigs, such as the Bass, Acoustic, and Paul Landers Signature PL1. The Fly Rig 5 v2 retains the same SansAmp heart, Plexi/Cali distortion and Delay, but adds a few twists and turns within these sections. New features include an independent reverb with choice of room size, an effect loop, a tuner, and an XLR Output.
Has the tonality of the Blonde Character Series pedal. It includes 3-band active EQ, Level and Drive controls. To dirty things up, you have the flexibility of using the Drive control, the Boost function, or you can add grit from the Plexi/Cali section. Or all three. Each method achieves different tones.
PLEXI / CALI
Provides the dirtier side of the Fly Rig. You have a choice of a roaring Plexi tone with its muscular crunch, detailed mids and mule-kick low end or the chunk of a ‘70s high gain amp tone inspired by the then-boutique shop over on the West Coast. Each mode can be dialed in to your liking with dedicated Drive, Tone and Level controls.
Switchable Pre/Post Boost up to approx 12dB to beef up drive and distortion or increase the overall volume to punch up fills and solos.
DELAY WITH TAP TEMPO
Voiced for the sounds of a vintage tape echo, with Time and Repeats controls. The Delay includes a switch to change from 1/4-notes to dotted 8ths. A Drift button adds a random, unpredictable element to the modulation in keeping with its vintage roots.
Independent footswitchable reverb with choice of large and small “room sizes.”
Post-SansAmp, pre-effects to patch in external effect pedals.
Chromatic Tuner, operable via the BLONDE/TUNER footswitch. You simply hold the footswitch down to engage, which simultaneously mutes the signal path.
- 1/4-inch 1megOhm input
- XLR output with ground lift
- 1/4-inch low impedance output
- Rugged, all-metal housing
- Metal footswitches and jacks
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
- Measures 12.5”l x 2.5”w x 1.25”h • Weight: 20.7 oz.
- Utilizes included 9V DC Universal Power Supply: Model #DC9.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).