While the Western world was preoccupied with its Fuzz Faces, Tone Benders and others, the Eastern world was bubbling up with plenty of fuzzes of its own. This very distinct era in fuzz history gave us many treasures that have been crowned fuzz legends—the Univox Super Fuzz, Ibanez Standard Fuzz, Ace Tone Fuzz Master, Shin-Ei Companion and several others.
Our 76 offers up a comprehensive guided tour to the best that the Standard Fuzz and its ilk has to offer without any of the drawbacks, such as a quiet signal or fragile wiring. On its face, the 76 gives you a multi-voiced germanium-equipped fuzz unit that gives you hints of octave-up snarl while it ruthlessly pummels your amp with hair and fangs.
Aside from standard volume and fuzz controls, and unlike the original Standard Fuzz, the 76 also gives you a texture control that sweeps the midrange, effectively giving you many flavors of fuzz across several positions. A three-way color switch offers a little frequency scoop, but the center position is off, for full-frequency fuzz madness.
The internals contain two DIP switches that alter the character of the unit. The first, clip, changes the clipping stack from the stock Standard Fuzz arrangement of two germaniums into a hybrid germanium-silicon arrangement. Engaging this switch opens the sound up, increases crunch and definition for a searing lead tone.
The other switch, Dark, engages a treble cut on the input, which helps to prep the incoming signal for the fuzz onslaught. This switch should be engaged if the 76 follows a bright dirt pedal or a jangly set of pickups.
The new Standard Fuzz is here and is a forced to be reckoned with, leveling audiences with its punishing buzzsaw grind and unbridled harmonics. The 76 is your favorite fuzz nerd’s favorite fuzz.
- Fuzz: Turning the Fuzz up ranges from a little crunch to more gain than you could ever want.
- Texture: This control adjusts the mid frequency of the 76. Go from a deep scoop to a mid-drenched grind with a simple twist
- Level: Adjusts the output volume, with more than enough on tap.
- Color: Switches between three different frequency ranges, from scooped to full-frequency fuzz tones.
UNDER THE HOOD
- Clip (internal DIP): When on, the 76 employs germanium diodes for a spongier signal and a harder clipping threshold. When off, a silicon-germanium combo is employed, opening the fuzz signal up a little more. The default is on.
- Dark (internal DIP): When on, the 76 cuts a good amount of treble from the input signal, useful for single-coils and wicking away treble from anything before it. When off, the treble cut is lifted. The default is off.
- Input: Instrument or other pedal goes here.
- Amplifier or other pedal goes here.
- True bypass footswitch:
- Turns effect on and off.
- The 76 requires a center-negative 9VDC power adapter with at least 5mA of current (not included). Almost all power supplies meet this requirement.
- 4.77" x 2.6 x 1.39" (121.1 x 66 x 35.3mm)
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).