- Controls: Drive, Tone, Level, Mix
- Size: 71(W) x 124(D) x 53(H)(mm)
- Power Supply: DC9-18V (Negative Center) or one 006P 9V battery
- Current Draw: 50mA@9V, 60mA@18V
- Development collaboration with KORG Nutube
- 100% Analog circuitry
- Relay True Bypass Switch
- Made in Japan
The Ibanez NU TUBESCREAMER is the very first compact guitar effects pedals to incorporate a Nutube directly into its circuitry. This pairing of Ibanez's Tube Screamer with KORG's Nutube technology, has produced an overdrive with exceptional dynamics, improved sensitivity, and natural tube compression.
Nutube is a revolutionary vacuum tube developed by KORG Inc. and Noritake Itron Corp. Mr. Fumio Mieda, developer of many early well-known KORG products including the MS-20 and more, came up with an idea to use the VFD technology to develop an innovative vacuum tube. He then approached Noritake Itron Corp. who are considered the pioneers of VFD technology, to co-develop the tube with KORG. Together, they built hundreds of samples and eventually perfected Nutube, which optimally works as a preamp tube for audio signal amplification.
Because Nutube is utilizing the VFD technology, it has an extremely low power consumption, which is about 2% of a 12AX7. As a result, it works at very low voltages and has a life span exceeding 30,000 hours.
The NTS Sound
The original Tubescreamer achieved its place as an iconic overdrive in part, due to its ability to balance clean and distorted tones. Until now, this has was achieved by a 4558 op-amp section in the original circuit. However, in this new design the distortion is created not by clipping diodes, but by Nutube, just as would occur in any all tube pre-amp. The overdriven sound is then mixed with the clean signal and passed through a discrete circuit. Thanks to Nutube technology and the reworked circuitry, the NU TUBESCREAMER's natural compression and huge headroom is immediately perceptible to any player who uses it.
A brand new feature never previously offered on an Ibanez Tubescreamer, is a MIX knob that controls the balance of the clean and overdriven signals. The center position will create a mix equivalent to that of traditional Tubescreamers. Turning the knob counterclockwise, injects more of the clean signal while still retaining a traditional Tubescreamer mid boost. Turning it clockwise will decrease the clean tone and when fully clockwise, the clean tone disappears producing a fuller overdriven signal.
NU TUBESCREAMER allows up to an 18V power supply. 18V would give you more headroom with increased volume.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).