- Measures: 4.65″ x 4.15″ x 2.25″ with knobs
- Current Draw: 460mA
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- S/N Ratio: 115dB typical
- 24-bit 96kHz A/D & D/A converters
- All analog dry signal path
- All digital wet signal path with 20Hz – 20kHz frequency response
Pyramids is a Stereo Flanging Device with five presets, eight flanger modes, tap tempo, tap subdivision, a multifunction Modify control, positive and negative Feedback, and a variable Mix control, which is something you don’t see on a flanger every day.
Built upon the same proprietary DSP architecture as the Avalanche Run™, Pyramids delivers convincing jet-engine roar, authentic through-zero tape-style warble, infinite barber pole sweeps, flexible I/O routing, and the ability to re-trigger the LFO cycle via footswitch opens up a fourth dimension of rhythmic possibilities that’s sure to tickle your third ear.
Manual: Controls the delay time of the modulated signal. Manual can also be controlled via expression pedal.
Rate: Controls the speed of the LFO as well as the rise time in “Trigger Up” mode and fall time in “Trigger Down” mode. The Rate control has three ranges of operation: Slow, Normal and Fast. These modes are selected by the Rate & Tap toggle switch.
Width: Controls the frequency range of the LFO sweep. You might also think of it as a depth control for the LFO.
Mix: This is the volume control for the modulated signal. The modulated signal gets louder when you turn it clockwise and quieter when you turn it counterclockwise.
Activate Footswitch: The activate switch features our Flexi-Switch™ technology! This relay-based true-bypass switch allows for momentary or latching operation.
Feedback: Regeneration control for the modulated signal.
Rate & Tap Toggle Switch: “Normal” (center position) is 1:1. The tempo you tap in is the tempo Pyramids will spit out. When set to “Slow” (left position), the tempo you tap is divided for a slower sweep. When set to “Fast” (right position), the tempo you tap is multiplied and delivers a faster sweep.
Modify: The behavior of this control depends upon which mode you’re using:
- Classic: Tone control for the modulated signal. Clockwise cuts the low end and allows the high frequencies to pass through. Counterclockwise cuts the high end and allows bass frequencies to pass through.
- Through-Zero: Delay time for the unmodulated dry signal. This controls where in the LFO cycle the through-zero point occurs, which is where you’ll hear the most drastic cancellation.
- Barber Pole Up: Tone control for the modulated signal. Clockwise from center is a high pass filter. Counterclockwise from center is a low pass filter.
- Barber Pole Down: Tone control for the modulated signal. Clockwise from center is a high pass filter. Counterclockwise from center is a low pass filter.
- Trigger Up: Sensitivity control for the sweep. This controls how quickly the re-triggering reacts to your pick attack.
- Trigger Down: Sensitivity control for the sweep. This controls how quickly the re-triggering reacts to your pick attack.
- Step: Adjusts the glide between steps. Low Modify settings produce sharp, stair-stepped transitions between steps. Higher Modify settings introduce a smoother glissando effect.
- Random: Adjusts the glide between steps. Low Modify settings produce sharp, stair-stepped transitions between steps. Higher Modify settings introduce a smoother glissando effect.
Tap / Trigger Footswitch: In Classic, Through-Zero, Barber Pole Up, Barber Pole Down, Step, and Random modes, this footswitch is a tap tempo control. In Trigger Up and Trigger Down modes, this footswitch triggers the effect whenever it is pressed.
Presets Rotary Switch: Selects between Live mode and one of five presets. Pyramids comes with our favorites programmed in, but you’re allowed to re-write them if you want. We don’t mind.
Mode Rotary Switch: Selects between Pyramids’ eight flanger modes
To Use Pyramids in Mono
Plug your instrument into the Left Input and use either the Left Output or the Right Output
To Use Pyramids with a Mono Input and Stereo Output
Plug your instrument into the Left Input and connect both the Left Output and Right Output to the next stereo pedal in your chain, to two inputs of your DAW, or to two amplifiers.
To Use Pyramids with a Stereo Input and Stereo Output
Plug your stereo instrument into the Left Input and Right Input and connect both the Left Output and Right Output to the next stereo pedal in your chain, to two inputs of your DAW, or to two amplifiers. Pyramids is true stereo and will pan across the stereo field.
To Use Pyramids with Two Mono Sources
Plug one instrument into the Left Input and connect the Left Output to the next pedal in your chain, to a DAW input, or to an amplifier. Then, plug another instrument into the Right Input and connect the Right Output to the next pedal in a separate effects chain, to a separate DAW input, or to a separate amplifier. I have no idea why anyone would want to do this, but it’ll work.
In Trigger Up/Down modes, you may re-trigger the flanger using an external source in what we call Side Chain Flanging. To trigger Pyramids using an external source, plug your primary instrument (the signal on which you want to hear the flanger) into the Right Input and connect Pyramids’ Right Output to your amplifier or DAW. Connect the external trigger source (drum machine, sequencer, or CV) to Pyramids’ Left Input. To hear only the affected primary instrument signal (as modulated by the external trigger source), do not connect the Left Output. Your primary instrument’s signal will pass through Pyramids’ Right Input / Output, but the flanger will react to changes in the external trigger signal instead of your primary instrument. To monitor the trigger source, connect Pyramids’ Left Output to a separate amplifier or DAW input.
This device features Flexi-Switch™ Technology! This relay-based, true bypass switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching style switching.
- For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass.
- For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
Since the switching is relay based, it requires power to pass signal.
- For best results, please use the included 9v center-negative 1-amp DC power supply.
- To use with multiple output transformer-balanced isolated pedal-specific power supplies,Pyramids’ may be powered from two outlets combined using a current-doubling cable.
- DO NOT USE A VOLTAGE-DOUBLING CABLE BECAUSE THAT WILL SEND 18V TO PYRAMIDS AND FRY IT LIKE AN OVEREASY EGG AT A GREAZY SPOON DINER.
PCBs populated by a combination of artificial and human intelligence in the Akron, Ohio of America.
Each and every Pyramids is completely assembled, wired, and tested by total human beans in the Great Sphinx of Akron, Ohio, which, coincidentally, looks exactly like the cover of Iron Maiden’s Powerslave.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).