The Park Amplification company, originally started by Jim Marshall himself, has almost as much history as the actual Marshall name. As the story goes, Jim Marshall entered a distribution deal for his amp line in 1965, but the terms of the deal were vague enough such that Marshall could build amps on the side, just not under his own name. Thus, Park was born, and the amps produced under that name were slight variations on Marshall circuits until the company dissolved in 1982.
Among the line of amps, a few pedals were also produced. Most of them were wahs or variations thereof, but one pedal stuck out: The Park Fuzz Sound.
The original pedal (we had one) featured unlabeled TO-1 package transistors, so one would think that the circuit left us with Jim Marshall. However, the good folks at Earthquaker Devices, in collaboration with the newly-resurrected Park Amplification, have faithfully recreated the Park Fuzz Sound so that a new generation may enjoy it.
While the original deployed the aforementioned mystery cans, the new Park Fuzz Sound uses a different set of NOS germanium transistors, hand-selected for a tonal match. Indeed, when A/B’d with the original unit, the sounds were strikingly similar. In fact, the staff at PGS was split right down the middle as to which was which. What’s more, when doing the test, we had to set the new Park Fuzz Sound’s Fuzz control at about half, whereas the original was dimed. The reissue has way more range in the Fuzz dial than the original.
Another bugaboo of original fuzz pedals is the powering situation; in the case of the original Park, it’s powered by a battery only but changing it out required using a lever to pry open the lid. While that’s a hassle, using batteries is kind of a hassle in and of itself. However, this and many older fuzz pedals are positive-ground; the common workaround is reversing the lugs on the power jack internally, but this configuration means that the pedal cannot be daisy-chained. The new Park Fuzz Sound doesn’t phone it in, offering a chip inside that corrects the voltage problem for complete rig integration.
The new Park Fuzz Sound is hand-made, one at a time in exotic Akron, Ohio. The pedal is wire for true bypass and accepts a standard 9v center-negative Boss-style power adapter. The current draw is low, so it’s ready for your isolated power supplies
4 5/8″ x 2 1/2″ x 2.25″ with knobs
This device can be powered by a standard 9 volt DC power supply intended for musical instruments with a negative center 2.1mm barrel or a 9v battery. Even though this pedal is a germanium fuzz, it will play nice on a daisy chain due to it’s internal voltage regulation.
This is the level control, louder to the right, quieter to the left.
This is the tone control, thicker tones to the right, brighter to the left.
This is the gain control, more fuzz to the right, less to the left.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).