- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Pedal switch
- Mode switch
- DIST knob
- EQUALIZER MIDDLE/MID FREQ knob
- EQUALIZER HIGH/LOW knob
- LEVEL knob
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 35 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline: Approx. 18 hours
- Carbon: Approx. 7 hours
- *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Option (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series
Size and Weight
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 440 g, 1 lb
For over 25 years, the MT-2 Metal Zone has been one of the most popular and influential compact pedals in the BOSS lineup, with overall sales that are second only to the venerable DS-1 Distortion. Made in Japan and infused with Waza Craft mojo, the MT-2W takes the iconic stomp to new levels of tonal range and versatility. Standard mode delivers an evolved version of the original mid-focused Metal Zone tone, while Custom mode introduces a fresh, wide-ranging voice that’s perfectly suited for today’s diverse high-gain styles.
First released in 1991 and in continuous production ever since, the MT-2 Metal Zone is loved by guitarists everywhere for its thick, rich distortion and distinctive mid-focused character. Capable of producing a versatile range of heavy tones, the MT-2’s innovative dual-stage gain circuit has influenced legions of pedal designers through the years. Another standout feature is its groundbreaking three-band EQ with parametric midrange, which provides deep sound-shaping ability for covering numerous high-gain styles. The pedal was also one of the first BOSS compacts with dual-concentric knobs, offering expanded control without increasing size.
Supported by the discrete components in the MT-2W’s dual-stage gain circuit, Standard mode takes the Metal Zone’s famous mid-driven sound to the next level. The attack is even more responsive, and the definition and clarity has been enhanced as well. Noise has been reduced too, providing improved performance at ultra-high gain settings.
Since the beginning, the engineers at BOSS have been committed to achieving the finest guitar tones using any technology necessary, from old-school analog circuits to high-tech DSP. This enthusiastic spirit continues on with the Waza Craft series, which brings you exceptional tone and touch response through carefully selected analog components, refined circuitry, and meticulous attention to detail. In Japan, “Waza” is the term for art and technique, and these special edition pedals proudly carry the Waza symbol to represent the pinnacle of BOSS design and craftsmanship.
Like all Waza Craft pedals, the MT-2W infuses an original BOSS analog design with artful refinements for enhanced performance and versatility. The dual-stage gain circuit features a discrete design with carefully selected components, providing premium tones with increased clarity. The EQ has been refined as well, with a smoother midrange tone and unique Q values specially tuned for the pedal’s Standard and Custom modes.
Engaging the MT-2W’s Custom mode voices the pedal for a huge, wide-ranging sound, making it ideal for nearly any current heavy style. The tone is natural and open, with increased dynamics and rounder lower mids than Standard mode. Even at the highest gain settings, the low end remains full yet tight, focused, and well-defined, perfect for chugging out low-tuned riffs. The sound also cleans up very nicely when reducing your guitar’s volume, putting an extremely balanced range of tones under your fingers.
- Premium Waza Craft pedal with all-analog audio circuitry
- Innovative dual-stage gain circuit built with discrete analog components
- Standard mode updates the famous MT-2 Metal Zone sound with improved clarity and lower noise
- Custom mode delivers full-throttle gain tones with wider range, increased dynamics, and tighter low end
- Powerful three-band EQ provides intense sound customization with High, Low, and sweepable Midrange and up to 15 dB boost/cut on each band
- Premium buffer for clean and clear tone when bypassed
- Made in Japan
- BOSS five-year warranty
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).