The genuine BOSS and Roland Dimension effect is back, and it’s now more versatile than ever! Designed in the premium Waza Craft analog tradition, the DC-2W offers not just a perfect sonic recreation of the original DC-2 Dimension C pedal, but also the legendary SDD-320 Dimension D studio rack effect it was based on. The DC-2W features the same intuitive four-button preset interface as the original ‘80s-era effects, now evolved with electronic switching that unlocks a multitude of sonic variations not available on the vintage units.
Highly sought-after by musicians and audio engineers, the Dimension’s unique spatial processing magically enhances the width and depth of any sound, from electric and acoustic guitars to keyboards, vocals, and other sources. Built from the original circuit designs and updated with modern refinements, the DC-2W is the only pedal available that delivers the classic Dimension experience with complete sonic authenticity.
- Premium Waza Craft pedal with all-analog audio circuitry
- Standard mode provides the sound of the original DC-2 Dimension C pedal
- SDD-320 mode authentically reproduces the vintage Roland SDD-320 Dimension D, a legendary studio rack effect heard on countless hit records
- Iconic four-button preset interface, updated with reliable electronic switches and LED status indicators
- Four main sounds in each mode, plus six variations by pressing two switches together (20 total sounds available)
- Premium buffer and enhanced bypass circuitry
- Versatile I/O for integrating with any mono or stereo application, from guitar and bass pedalboards to keyboards and studio mixing
- Made in Japan
- BOSS five-year warranty
Enhance Your Sound with Natural Width and Depth
The vintage Dimension effect is famous for its innovative 3D spatial processing that just makes everything sound a little better. It’s often mistakenly called a chorus effect, but it’s actually not. Though time-based like a chorus, the Dimension’s circuit is quite unique and sophisticated, subtly enhancing the width and depth of the source audio without any prominent modulated movement. The resulting sound is more open and natural, gently enriching any instrument or mix without making it sound overly processed.
Four Switches, Expanded Sonic Possibilities
Just like the original Dimension effects, the DC-2W offers a simple and direct interface with four preset switches that provide sonic variations with increasing width and depth. While the originals had mechanical switches, the DC-2W is equipped with modern electronic switches and status LEDs for more solid performance. The new switches also allow you to press two at once to access a variety of additional sounds. Across the DC-2W’s two effect modes (S and SDD-320), 20 different Dimension variations are possible with just four switches.
Authentic Tones with Modern Refinements
In the Waza Craft tradition, the DC-2W delivers vintage analog tones with modern design refinements for enhanced performance and versatility. Along with the new electronic mode switches, the pedal features a newly designed internal bypass circuit that greatly improves on that found in the original DC-2. In addition, versatile I/O enables the pedal to blend in with any mono or stereo rig, from regular guitar setups to audio interfaces and studio mixing consoles. And like all Waza Craft pedal models, the DC-2W includes a premium buffer circuit for ultra-transparent tone when the pedal is switched off.
The Roland SDD-320 Dimension D: A Studio Legend
Very quickly after its debut in 1979, the Roland SDD-320 Dimension D became a go-to secret weapon for audio engineers and music producers around the world. It can be heard on countless classic records in all genres, and is still regularly used today. From guitars, electric pianos, and synths to strings, backing vocals, and more, the Dimension D injects instant spatial mojo and sonic glue without creating an obvious “effect” sound.
The DC-2W’s SDD-320 mode fully captures the original Dimension D vibe in every way. Many engineers like to press multiple buttons on the Dimension D rack for new and different sounds. But in truth, only two actual sound variations are technically possible with this undocumented feature. With its modern switching, the DC-2W’s SDD-320 mode enables six sound variations when two buttons are pressed, including four “in-between” sounds and two all-new voices.
The BOSS DC-2 Dimension C: 3D Sound in a Compact Pedal
Introduced in 1985, the DC-2 Dimension C pedal brought the Dimension D’s distinctive spatial effect to the BOSS compact pedal format. While the Dimension D was designed as a studio effect that supported either mono or stereo input sources, the DC-2 was specifically created for mono sources like guitar, and features a modified circuit that produces a Dimension effect with a slightly different tonal flavor.
When S (Standard) mode is selected, the DC-2W delivers the exact sound of the original DC-2 pedal. Despite players trying, pressing multiple buttons on the DC-2 didn’t actually produce any sound variations. Similar to SDD-320 mode, pressing two buttons at once in the DC-2W’s S mode provides access to six different “in-between” sounds not available on the original DC-2.
Waza Craft: The Art of Superior Tone
Since the beginning, the engineers at BOSS have been committed to achieving the finest guitar tones using any technology necessary, from old-school analog circuits to high-tech DSP. This enthusiastic spirit continues on with the Waza Craft series, which brings you exceptional tone and touch response through carefully selected analog components, refined circuitry, and meticulous attention to detail. In Japan, “Waza” is the term for art and technique, and these special edition pedals proudly carry the Waza symbol to represent the pinnacle of BOSS design and craftsmanship.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).