Nominal Input Level
MIC IN: -40 dBu (MIC SENS = Center)
GUITAR IN: -10 dBu
AUX IN: -20 dBu
MIC IN: 4 k ohms
GUITAR IN: 20 M ohms
AUX IN: 18 k ohms
Nominal Output Level
LINE OUT L/MONO, R: -10 dBu
XLR OUT L, R: -10 dBu (Vocal&Guitar, Guitar), -40 dBu (Vocal)
LINE OUT L/MONO, R: 1 k ohm
XLR OUT L, R: 600 ohms
PHONES: 44 ohms
Memory (Memory change/stomp)
Number of Memory: 50
HARMONY/FX: HIGH, HIGHER, HIGH&HIGHER, LOW, HIGH&LOW, DOUBLE, RADIO, DIST, ELECTRIC
3 BAND EQ, LOW CUT
CHORUS/FX: CHORUS, TREMOLO, PHASER, DELAY, MOD DELAY, OCTAVE, SLOW GEAR, RING MOD
3 BAND EQ, LOW CUT
NOTCH FILTER, PHASE
Phrase Loop: 80 sec
Display: 7 segments, 2 digits LED
MIC IN connector: XLR type, balanced, phantom power (DC 48 V, 10 mA Max)
GUITAR IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
XLR OUT L, R connectors: XLR type
LINE OUT L/MONO, R jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
MEMORY INC/DEC jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
DC IN jack
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
Expected battery life under continuous use
Alkaline battery: Approx. 4.5 hours (phantom power: OFF), Approx. 2.5 hours (phantom power: ON)
*These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Options (sold separately)
Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
Size and Weight
Weight (including battery)
2 lbs 14 oz
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
The Complete Solution for Singing Guitarists
For singer/songwriters who play acoustic guitar, it’s a competitive, crowded world out there. The VE-8 Acoustic Singer delivers that extra edge you need to stand out and shine, supporting you with professional BOSS sound every time you perform. Simple to use, the VE-8 provides studio-quality voice and guitar processing plus impressive real-time harmonies and looping in one compact, go-everywhere package. With such great sound and powerful creative features at your command, you’re destined to bring down the house everywhere you play.
- Compact, all-in-one preamp and effects solution for singers who play acoustic guitar
- Dial in rich, sophisticated BOSS sound processing with simple, intuitive controls
- Studio-quality vocal processing includes four types of ambience effects plus Enhance, chromatic pitch correction for live vocal tuning, and more
- Create natural vocal harmonies in real time based on guitar input or manual key settings
- Also includes a vocal doubling effect, plus more dramatic processing like hard-tuned electronic voices, distortion, and a radio voice effect
- Dedicated guitar channel includes Acoustic Resonance, reverb, chorus, tuner, and various effects, plus phase invert and notch filter for feedback control
- Looper function with 80 seconds of recording time and the ability to loop guitar and vocals independently
- Memory mode for storing and recalling 50 favorite settings
- Flexible connections for integrating with a main PA and stage monitors, plus USB for computer recording
- Runs on six AA batteries or included AC adapter
The VE-8 makes it easy to get professional, studio-level vocal sounds right away. Just plug your mic into the XLR input and dial up some nice ambience, add clarity and control with the Enhance feature, and more. You can even call up hard-tuned electronic voice sounds, distortion, and radio voice tones to bring some modern edge to your acoustic performances.Play
With the VE-8’s dedicated guitar channel, your acoustic axe will sound just as great as your vocals. Acoustic Resonance magically restores your natural guitar sound, eliminating the sterile piezo “quack” that plagues typical undersaddle pickups used in plugged-in acoustics. Reverb and chorus are on hand too, plus cool BOSS effects like Octave, Mod Delay, and more. There’s a built-in tuner as well, a must-have tool for stage performing. And with the phase switch and notch filter, you have fingertip access for killing any feedback issues the instant they arise.Harmonize
In a solo performance, the ability to create natural vocal harmonies turns heads and elevates your tunes to new sonic levels. Using the VE-8, creating these harmonies live has never been easier. The automatic harmony function detects the chords and key you play with your guitar, and then generates the correct harmony as you sing. Hybrid and fixed harmony modes are available too, giving you all types of versatility for different performing and recording situations. There’s also a nice vocal doubling effect, a useful feature for adding fullness and presence to your voice as needed.Loop
The specially designed looper in the VE-8 sounds great and is ready to support your performance whenever you need it. Just use the dedicated footswitch to lay down a percussive rhythm, chord progression, vocal counterpoint, or whatever you like. You can easily select your guitar, voice, or both for looping via panel buttons or an optional footswitch.Connect
The VE-8’s rear panel has a guitar input and XLR mic input with switchable phantom power, plus an Aux input to connect a smartphone or other device for backing music. Stereo XLR balanced outputs provide a direct feed to the house PA, while stereo 1/4-inch outputs let you send a separate signal to stage monitors or an acoustic amp. Both the vocal and guitar channels feature a three-band EQ and low-cut filter for shaping the tone to suit the venue, and it’s even possible to send the two channels to separate outputs for external mixing flexibility. And via USB, you can use the VE-8 as a direct recording interface with your favorite DAW software.Control
With the VE-8’s grab-and-go panel controls, it’s simple to dial in sounds and settings as you play. After creating a setup you like for a particular song, just save it in one of 50 memory locations for instant recall while performing. The VE-8’s three built-in footswitches control a variety of live functions, and one or more optional footswitches can be connected for further control if needed.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).