With the 200 series, BOSS introduces a new generation of pedals that pack advanced sound and versatility into a streamlined size that saves space on your board. Grab-and-go controls and multi-function switches make operation easy and intuitive, while onboard memories allow you to store multiple setups for instant recall. All 200 series pedals feature premium audio quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit internal processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate, plus support for additional control via external switches, an expression pedal, or MIDI.
The OD-200 Hybrid Drive brings next-level sound, feel, and flexibility to overdrive and distortion, combining decades of BOSS tone expertise with innovative technologies. Powered by hybrid analog/digital circuitry, this dream pedal delivers any drive tone you can imagine via 12 primary modes, 15 boost types, series/parallel gain paths, and more. There’s even an advanced gate on board, ideal for both eliminating noise and adding tightness to high-gain drive tones.
Premium Drive Tones with BOSS’s Advanced Hybrid Design
The OD-200’s next-generation hybrid design seamlessly brings analog and digital clipping circuits together for the best of all worlds, putting a universe of expressive drive colors under your fingers. Twelve modes offer a variety of premium overdrive, fuzz, and distortion sounds, including a high-gain Brown mode derived from the acclaimed Katana amplifier series. And with the three high-performance “X” drive modes powered by BOSS’s cutting-edge MDP tech, you’ll experience enhanced definition, clarity, and dynamic response that’s perfect for modern playing styles.
Powerful Gain Shaping with Series and Parallel Boosts
While each of the OD-200’s 12 main drive modes sound fantastic on their own, you’re able to craft tones even further with 15 switchable boost circuits. Placing the boost in series lets you create traditional stacked drive voices, complete with post-gain level to balance with the bypassed sound or kick up the volume for solos. The boost circuit can also be used in parallel with the main mode, enabling side-by-side blending for an unlimited range of unique drive textures.
Kill the Noise and Tighten Your Tone
With its integrated gate circuit, the OD-200 always keeps your signal clear and quiet when you’re not playing. The default setting is a great starting point, providing gentle, transparent gating that works well for general playing styles. The decay and threshold controls can also be adjusted for super-fast gate performance when needed, perfect for bringing tightness to heavy modern styles that combine full-throttle gain with precision staccato riffing.
Dial in Sounds Fast
The OD-200 offers a ton of advanced capabilities, but remains as simple to use as any regular distortion stomp. With dedicated controls, you can quickly dial in the gain and overall level for any selected mode, then sculpt the tone with wide-ranging low, mid, and high EQ. There’s also a multi-function parameter knob, which changes operation based on the group selected with the panel’s parameter switch and LED status indicators.
Save and Recall Your Favorite Setups
After perfecting your tone with the drive, boost, and gate parameters, simply save the entire setup to one of four onboard memories for quick recall while performing. There’s also a Manual setting that reflects the current panel status, giving you an additional drive setup to choose from on the fly. You can scroll through memories with an OD-200 footswitch, and it’s also possible to limit the scrolling range or assign memories directly for even faster access.
Deep Real-Time Control
By default, the OD-200’s multi-function footswitches control bypass, boost on/off, and memory scrolling, but you can easily reassign them to alternate functions as needed. External control of nearly any parameter is possible using footswitches or an expression pedal, and MIDI I/O is even provided on space-saving mini TRS jacks. Via MIDI, you’re able to chain multiple 200 series pedals and select memories on all of them at once, and also control various functions from MIDI devices like the ES-8 and ES-5 effects switchers.
OD-200 Drive Modes
- Overdrive—Natural tube-style overdrive with asymmetrical clipping.
- Blues—Highly expressive overdrive sound with wide tonal range.
- Scream—Smooth overdrive sound with mid-focused tone.
- Cntr OD—Mild drive sound modeled on the Klon Centaur.
- X-Drive—Next-generation overdrive that uses BOSS’s Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) for enhanced string separation, increased clarity, and expressive dynamic response.
- Dist—Cutting distortion that’s ideal for a wide variety of styles.
- X-Dist—Distinctive distortion that uses MDP tech for a superior playing experience that’s unattainable with analog distortion pedals.
- Stack Drive—Iconic British stack sound, with range from sparkly clean to a thick vintage roar.
- Fat Dist—Thick, tight distortion sound that’s ideal for riffs and solos.
- Brown—Lead sound inspired by the original British stack amp, with higher gain and razor-sharp definition.
- X-Metal—Wide-ranging modern sound powered by MDP, with superior clarity and string definition even at the highest gain settings.
- Fuzz—Bold fuzz sound with big, round tone and rich sustain.
- Advanced hybrid design with analog and digital circuitry provides a huge range of drive tones from classic to modern
- Twelve primary drive modes plus 15 boost types with independent pre/post gain controls
- Selectable series or parallel boost structures for unlimited gain shaping
- Advanced gate section for eliminating noise and tightening high-gain tones
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Real-time panel setting and four memories for storing favorite sounds
- Panel Lock function disables controls to prevent unwanted changes
- Customizable multi-function footswitches for bypass, boost, memory selection, and more
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Micro USB jack for firmware updates
- Runs on PSA-series AC adaptor or three AA-size batteries
- Sampling Frequency: 96 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion: 32 bits
- Processing: 32-bit floating point
- Drive Circuit: Analog + Digital
- 12 modes
- OVERDRIVE, BLUES, SCREAM, CNTR OD, X-DRIVE, DIST, X-DIST, STACK DRIVE, FAT DIST, BROWN, X-METAL, FUZZ
- Memory: 4 + Manual
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level: INPUT: +7 dBu
- Input Impedance: INPUT: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT: -10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: OUTPUT: +7 dBu (Load Impedance: 220 k ohms or greater)
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: OUTPUT: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- ON/OFF switch, MEMORY/BOOST switch
- MODE knob, DRIVE knob, LEVEL knob, PARAM knob, LOW knob, MIDDLE knob, HIGH knob
- PARAM button, MEMORY button
- Display: 7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
- Indicator: PARAM indicator, MEMORY (MAN, 1--4) indicators
- INPUT jack, OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL 1, 2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
- DC IN jack
- USB port: USB micro B-type (program update only)
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 3, AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw: 220 mA
- Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use: Alkaline: Approx. 6 Hours
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 3
- Rubber foot x 4
- Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor: PSA-S series
- Footswitch: FS-5U
- Dual footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
- Expression pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
- TRS/MIDI cable: BMIDI-5-35
Size and Weight
- Width: 101 mm, 4 inches
- Depth: 138 mm, 5-7/16 inches
- Height: 63 mm, 2-1/2 inches
- Height (including rubber foot): 65 mm, 2-9/16 inches
- Weight: 600 g, 1 lb 6 oz
- Weight (including battery): 670 g, 1 lb 8 oz
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).