The Iconic Digital Delay, Enhanced for Modern Players
BOSS’s iconic DD-3 Digital Delay has been a pedalboard staple since 1986, loved everywhere for its great sound and simple operation. With the DD-3T, we’ve updated the classic stomp with enhanced functionality while fully retaining the original’s sound and control layout. It’s now possible to tap in delay tempos using the onboard switch or an external one, with your choice of three beat subdivisions. And the direct output jack has been moved next to the main output, providing easier connectivity for wet/dry setups.
- Updated version of the industry-standard DD-3, with enhanced functionality for modern players
- Ultra-easy operation for fast sound creation
- Delay time of 12.5 to 800 ms, divided into three ranges for quick setup
- Tap in tempos with the onboard pedal switch or an external footswitch
- Short Loop setting for creating phrase loops (same as the Hold function on the original DD-3)
- Direct output for sending dry and wet sounds to separate amps
- Main and direct output jacks now positioned on one side of the pedal
- BOSS five-year warranty
A Classic Through and Through
In continuous production for over three decades, the DD-3 has been the go-to delay stomp for countless players. Based on the DD-2—the world’s first digital delay pedal from 1983—the DD-3 is revered for its warm, round delay tone and simple controls that let you dial in sounds fast. The DD-3T’s sound circuitry and controls are identical to the DD-3, delivering every drop of that classic vibe you know and love.
Tap Tempo On Board
A key addition the DD-3T brings is tap tempo, an essential feature for creating the rhythmic delay effects at the heart of many guitar styles. In delay mode, hold the pedal switch for two seconds to toggle between bypass and tap operation. And for on-demand tap control, simply connect an external footswitch. When the DD-3T receives tap input, up to 800 ms of delay time is available, and the Mode knob sets the tap subdivision (quarter-note triplet, dotted-eighth note, or quarter note).
Direct Out for Wet/Dry Setups
The DD-3T features a direct output jack like the DD-3, but it’s been moved next to the main output jack to make connections easier. Plugging a cable into the direct out converts the main out to delay only, allowing you to send wet and dry signals to different amps for wide, immersive sounds. And if your amp or switcher has a parallel effects loop, just connect a dummy plug to the direct out to mute the dry sound for effect-only blending.
Hold That Loop
The original DD-3 (and DD-2 before) included a forward-thinking Hold function, which allowed you to capture a sound up to 800 ms long, play it continuously, and jam over the top. Many years later, BOSS further developed this creative concept with the successful Loop Station products, which helped spawn the new musical style of live looping. The DD-3T includes the same Hold function as the DD-3, but it’s been renamed “Short Loop” to reflect today’s common usage.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- MODE knob
- TIME knob
- FEEDBACK knob
- E.LEVEL(Effect Level) knob
- Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- DIRECT OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- TEMPO jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22) or Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 45 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline: Approx. 11.5 hours
- Carbon: Approx. 3 hours
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor: PSA series
- Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7
Size and Weight
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 420 g, 15 oz
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).