- Mono input
- Dual output (mix signal on tip, dry signal on ring)
- Input Impedance: 1M ohms
- Output Impedance: 560 ohms
- DC 9V only, 100mA or greater
- Requires isolated DC power supply
- 4.7” x 2.6” x 1.5” H x W x D not including knobs
- Six delay modes
- Four presets, expandable to 16 with a MIDI controller
- MultiJack enables expression pedal, foot switch, or MIDI input
- Neo Morph allows controlling all knobs from expression or MIDI
- Tap Tempo with quarter, dotted eighth, eighth note divisions
- Hold Option switch to cycle delay subdivisions or trigger Neo Morph
- USB port for firmware updates and USB MIDI
We released the first Radical Delay pedal way back in 2015 as an homage to the tones and aesthetic of the 1980s. We were shooting for video games, neon nights, and maybe a hint of ALF.
It’s now 2019, and according to conventional wisdom we should be fighting with replicants in the streets and competing in futuristic running-based game shows.
Since that stuff hasn’t quite happened yet, we thought it might be time to update the Radical Delay to our Neo Series platform and give it a bit of a makeover at the same time.
Inside you’ll find the same great delay and special effects that made the earlier Radical Delay pedals so fun, plus a few new twists. Outside, we’ve added some teal and chrome, and intensified the laser grid for your enjoyment.
Radical Delay DX features six delay modes, all of which are adjustable to play from 16kHz down to 1kHz bandwidth using the CLOCK knob.
The maximum delay time varies by mode and clock rate, but it varies from 680ms to over 5000ms. Yep, that’s over 5 seconds of delay time, but it sounds terrible. It’s gross. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
- MOD: Digital delay with modulation. Tweak controls the mod depth and ALT controls the mod rate.
- BEND: Pitch shifted delay. Tweak selects the interval (-12, -7, -2, -1, detune, +1, +2, +3, +4, +5, +7, +12) and ALT puts the shift before or after the delay.
- DUAL: Dual-tap delay line. Tweak controls the delay time for the second tap and ALT controls its feedback.
- REV: YALED ESREVER. Tweak warps the delay from forward to reverse, with “tape stop” sounds available in between. ALT mixes between the main reverse delay and a forward delay. Just want reverse? Set Mix, ALT, and Tweak to maximum.
- ARP: Chiptune arpeggiator delay. Tweak controls the speed of the arpeggiation and ALT selects from 8 scale options.
- DYNA: Dynamic delay. The delay time sweeps with your picking attack. Tweak controls the sweep amount and direction, and ALT sets the volume sensitivity. Be careful with short delay times - that’s where the laser birds live.
- PRESETS: Four built-in presets give you quadruple the tones in a single footprint. Add a MIDI controller for 16 presets.
- NEO MORPH: Seamlessly morph between different knob settings on the fly using the Option footswitch, expression pedal, Neo Footswitch, or MIDI controller.
- MULTIJACK: Connect an expression pedal, Neo Footswitch, or MIDI controller to this jack to add performance control to your pedal.
- OPTION FOOTSWITCH: Tap the left footswitch for tap tempo. Hold the left footswitch for Tap Tempo Subdivision or Ramp Morph.
- AUTO TRAILS: Set the pedal trails from 0-10 seconds. The pedal will automatically perform a smooth fade at your chosen time.
- CLOCK KNOB: Adjusts the operating frequency of the DSP in real-time. Turn this up for pristine digital delay, down for glitched-out garbage.
- MIDI CONTROL: Every knob and setting on the pedal is controllable using MIDI. Connect using the MultiJack and our Neo Link or directly to any Disaster Area Gen3 controller.
- SELECT BUTTON: Tap this button to select a new sound mode. Hold it down to access the alternate knob functions (listed in parentheses).
- USB PORT: Every Neo Series pedal features a USB port for MIDI control and firmware updates.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).