Boss RC-505 Loop Station
- Nominal Input Level
- INPUT MIC (variable): -40 dBu (typ.), -10 dBu (max)
INPUT INST (variable): -10 dBu (typ.), +4 dBu (max)
INPUT AUX: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance
- INPUT MIC: 4 k ohms
INPUT INST: 200 k ohms
INPUT AUX: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- LINE OUT: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- LINE OUT: 2 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- LINE OUT: 10 k ohms or greater
- Maximum Recording Time: Approx. 3 hours (stereo)
Maximum Phrase Memory: 99
Number of Tracks: 5
Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
- Effect Type (INPUT FX/TRACK FX)
GUITAR TO BASS
BEAT REPEAT *1
BEAT SHIFT *1
BEAT SCATTER *1
VINYL FLICK *1
*1 TRACK FX only
- Effect Type (MASTER FX)
- Rhythm Type
- 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- Mass Storage Class
- INPUT MIC jack: XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max)
INPUT INST (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
INPUT AUX jack: Stereo miniature phone type
PHONES jack: 1/4-inch Stereo phone type
LINE OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch Stereo phone type
CTL 1, 2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
USB port: USB Type B
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor
- Current Draw
- 420 mA
- AC adaptor
- Options (sold separately)
- Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7
Expression pedal: Roland EV-5, FV-500L, FV-500H
- Size and Weight
- 420 mm
- 210 mm
- 68 mm
- 1.4 kg
3 lbs. 2 oz.
Boss RC-505 Loop Station
Hands-On Looper for Modern Performers
Beatboxers, singers, and club performers, your Loop Station has arrived—introducing the RC-505, a unique and powerful live performance tool that’s perfect for next-generation loop artists. In a compact tabletop device, you have easy fingertip control of five stereo phrase tracks and various loop playback behaviors, plus INPUT FX and TRACK FX that deliver a wide range of real-time processing options for dynamic, expressive sound creation. Just plug in a mic, instrument, or other audio source, and then ride the intuitive panel controls to build and mix some amazing loops! The RC-505 also supports computer integration via USB and operation with external pedals and MIDI, opening a world of advanced looping possibilities for all types of musicians.
Five Stereo Tracks with Dedicated Controls
The RC-505 features five stereo phrase tracks that can play simultaneously, the most yet in a BOSS Loop Station. Independent record/overdub/play and stop buttons for each track let you capture and control loop performances with your fingertips, and dedicated volume faders allow you to mix loop levels on the fly. Each track can have its own playback mode (multi, single, one-shot, reverse, etc.) and tempo sync settings, providing an unlimited range of creative looping behaviors.
Powerful FX Onboard
With the large selection of built-in effects, it’s easy to enhance your sounds as you perform. INPUT FX such as ROBOT and VOCODER create unique, dramatic sound textures for recording loops, while TRACK FX like VINYL FLICK and BEAT REPEAT provide dynamic DJ and sampler effects for real-time processing of phrase playback. Six dedicated buttons—three each for INPUT FX and TRACK FX—can be loaded with your favorite effects, giving you one-touch on/off access while looping. In addition, effects parameters (filter cutoff, effect depth, etc.) can be tweaked in real time with the INPUT FX and TRACK FX knobs. Global compressor and reverb effects are also available for processing the overall sound output.
Phrase Memories and Rhythms
99 phrase memories provide onboard storage for phrase track data, various playback and effects settings, and more. A combination of frequently used settings can be saved as a User Set, which you can easily load to quickly reconfigure any phrase memory, even in the heat of performing. 85 different onboard rhythms offer backing for loop recording, with a large selection of odd-measure beats for advanced looping. The rhythm part can be routed to the rear-panel PHONES jack only, giving you a dedicated click track for monitoring purposes.
Audio Inputs and USB
The RC-505 is outfitted with a number of simultaneous inputs, allowing you to capture and mix a variety of different audio sources as you build loops. There’s an XLR microphone jack with phantom power, mono/stereo ¼-inch inputs for guitars, synths, or other instruments, and an AUX mini-jack for connecting a music player, smart phone, or other stereo device. Via USB, you can plug into your computer and import/export WAV audio phrases, great for loop archiving or loading up RC-505 phrases with backing tracks or sounds for sampler-style triggering. The RC-505 also functions as a USB audio/MIDI interface, making it simple to integrate with your favorite DAW software for audio recording, MIDI sync, and more.
Customized Looping Control
With the RC-505, you have the ability to set up customized real-time controls for the way you like to loop. You can specify up to eight different functions and operate them in a variety of ways—with front-panel controls, an external expression pedal or foot switches, and/or various MIDI Control Change messages—extending your command of looping and many other operations. The eight control assignments are stored with phrase memories, allowing you to create and recall custom setups for different songs and performing situations.
Mogami Gold Straight-to-Same Guitar Bass Keyboard Instrument Cable, 10 ft
If you want to preserve the unique personality of your electric guitar, look no further than Mogami Gold Instrument cable. This high clarity cable has a high density shield and the finest quality ¼" connectors, and if you're the kind of player who moves around a lot, carbon impregnated PVC provides an anti static shield layer to prevent all handling noise.
OFC (oxygen-free copper) core for the highest level of transparency
Carbon impregnated PVC eliminates handling noise
Ultra High Density spiral shield
Conductive polymer sub-shield
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive, and developmental harm. For more information, visit www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).