Music Store Live is proud to present this Gretsch Vintage Select G6120T '59 Chet Atkins hollowbody guitar.
Get ready to take a trip back in time! The playability and tone are both absolutely exceptional. Clean, this guitar has a warm, crisp sound. Distorted, the mids thicken up and growl. The neck is smooth and fast, and the hollow body construction makes the guitar light enough to play for hours on end.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to go back in time and play a brand new Gretsch guitar directly out of the Brooklyn factory? These are much more than simply another reissue on the market. The V-shaped neck is incredible on this model - great for both chording and lead playing. Whether you want to conjure up the timeless guitar tones of Chet or push new musical boundaries, this guitar will not disappoint in the least!
You can shred everything from blues, rockabilly, and country to western swing and straight jazz on this beefed-up hollow body. It is set up very well right now and plays wonderfully in every position. This guitar will give you everything you need in a good hollowbody and a bit more.
A blast from the classic era of Gretsch’s storied past, the G6120T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Chet Atkins® Hollow Body with Bigsby® revisits this historic model. Packed with astounding tone, comfortable feel and elegantly slick style, this instrument is ready to stand by your side onstage or in the studio, bringing out the best in your music and your playing. As refined or raw as you need it to be, this guitar will be an invaluable center-point of your sonic arsenal.
A pair of the ever-popular TV Jones® Classic pickups creates a high-quality tone with plenty of dynamics and articulation on tap. Traditional Gretsch controls, including dedicated volume controls for both the neck and bridge pickups, master volume and the classic three-position tone switch, allow you to blend and shape the pickups’ sound, creating countless tonal variations. The new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors provide an incredibly silky high end. The vintage “V”-shaped maple neck bears a 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 frets for a classic playing experience that works with all musical styles. 1959 trestle bracing connects the top and back of this guitar for authentic, snappy vintage tone. A pinned “rocking” bar bridge reacts in tandem with the Bigsby B6CVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the vintage-style genuine bone nut lets the strings slide freely without binding in the slots.
Designed for pure tone and slick, comfortable playing feel, this guitar features the classic aesthetics true Gretsch fans love—nickel G-arrow control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, durable gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and nickel Grover® Sta-Tite™ tuning machines. Elegant style and refined sound combine to make the G6120T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Chet Atkins® Hollow Body with Bigsby® a Gretsch aficionado’s dream guitar.
- Model: G6120T-59
- Color: Vintage Orange Stain Lacquer
- Body Shape: Hollow, Single Cutaway
- Top, Sides, and Back: Laminated Maple
- Binding: Aged White
- Bracing: 1959 Style Trestle
- Body Depth: 2.75"
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard and Headstock Binding: Aged White
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Vintage "V"
- Scale Length: 24.6"
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22, Vintage Small
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86mm)
- Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnail
- Headstock: Late 50's Gretsch
- Pickups: TV Jones Filter'Tron Classic
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Master Volume
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: Rocking Bar + Bigsby B6C Vibrato Tailpiece
- Tuners: Grover V98 Sta-Tite Open Back
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011 - .049
- Case: 099-6411-000 G6241 16" Deluxe Hollow Body Hardshell Case, Black
- Serial #: JT19114328
- Instrument Weight: 7.6 lbs.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).