- G&L USA SB-2 Bass
- Himalayan Blue
- Alder Body
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Hard-Rock Maple Neck - Satin Light Tint
- 1 1/2" Medium C Neck - 1 ½” nut width traditional to a J bass, Leo brought it with him to Fender Avenue for the ASAT Bass and SB-2. 1 1/2” nut width, generous edge roll, and medium taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.920” at 12th fret. These specs were part of the #6 and #8 necks.
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- 21 Medium Jumbo PLEK Dressed Frets
- Scale Length: 34"
- Dot Inlays
- G&L MFD Single Coil Bridge Pickup (hum-free!)
- G&L MFD Split Coil Middle Pickup
- Volume Control for Each Pickup
- Saddle Lock Bridge
- Custom G&L Ultra Lite Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- 1-Ply White Pickguard
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- G&L Certificate of Authenticity and Specs Sheet
- Instrument Weight: 9.3 lbs.
If you're looking for a comfortable design on a bass with a great feel and a modern vibe, the SB-2 is the way to go. The shape is familiar, but the body contours are sleek and comfortable. Standing or sitting, you won't get tired or uncomfortable, even after all-night gigs. But it's the sound of this bass that'll really win you over. Building on the single coil/split coil design, it provides plenty of punch without sacrificing detail and finesse. Your sound will cut through with some of that mid-range bark, but you will still sound like you. This is the type of bass that's built for playing music, in general, rather than playing a certain style. Crank up the volume on both pickups for an aggressive, trebley, growly, and in-your-face sound, or use the split coil around 75% volume for warmer and more traditional-sounding. If the lack of a tone knob frightens you, then worry not. Rolling back the volume knobs on this really does mellow out the aggressive nature of this beast. This is a great American-made bass at a killer price.
When Leo Fender launched the G&L SB-2 bass in 1982, he packed his latest innovations in pickup and bridge design into a straightforward, hard-working bass. If you prefer a less-is-more aesthetic but hunger for something meatier, the SB-2 is just the ticket.
The SB-2 starts with a familiar shape, though subtle modifications to its sculpting make it more sleek and balanced. Strap it on and it immediately feels at home, yet somehow more comfortable than you expected. The slim, C-shaped neck falls immediately to hand, checking in with a comfortable 9 1/2" radius and 21 Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets ready to deliver silky playability.
Once the SB-2 has nestled into your comfort zone, it’s time to experience just how far Leo evolved the classic duo of split-coil and single coil pickups. You see, these Magnetic Field Design interpretations were created by Leo to give you more gusto without losing detail and finesse. A simple dual-volume control setup allows you to strike any balance between the two, even backing off both volumes to dial in a more vintage flavor. What’s more, the SB-2 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
The bottom line: SB-2 brings the magic of Leo’s own reinterpretation of the P/J configuration in a bass that delivers all the tone and feel you'd expect in a "Latter Day Leo" instrument.
Made in Leo Fender’s historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the SB-2 is available with a wide range of custom options including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, neck profiles and pickguard materials.
With that said, if you haven't found what you're looking for, we would be happy to custom order a G&L for you. G&L’s factory works like a big a-la carte custom shop, so it’s easy (and affordable) to get what you want. Finish, body wood, fingerboard, pickguard, bridge, neck profile, neck finish, nut type, frets, tuners, binding – there are nearly 1 million possible combinations of specs on a G&L. We love helping our customers make their dream guitar, so don't hesitate to reach out to us if you want to make your custom G&L a reality! Wait times are surprisingly short and most custom orders have an ETA of only 6-8 weeks from when the order is placed. As a premier G&L dealer, we are able to get expedited build times so we can get you the guitar of your dreams in quickly!
Our in-house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).