- G&L USA SB-2 Bass
- Himalayan Blue
- Alder Body
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Hard-Rock Maple Neck - Satin Light Tint
- 1 1/2" Medium C Neck - 1 ½” nut width traditional to a J bass, Leo brought it with him to Fender Avenue for the ASAT Bass and SB-2. 1 1/2” nut width, generous edge roll, and medium taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.920” at 12th fret. These specs were part of the #6 and #8 necks.
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- 21 Medium Jumbo PLEK Dressed Frets
- Scale Length: 34"
- Dot Inlays
- G&L MFD Single Coil Bridge Pickup (hum-free!)
- G&L MFD Split Coil Middle Pickup
- Volume Control for Each Pickup
- Saddle Lock Bridge
- Custom G&L Ultra Lite Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- 1-Ply White Pickguard
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- G&L Certificate of Authenticity and Specs Sheet
- Instrument Weight: 9.3 lbs.
If you're looking for a comfortable design on a bass with a great feel and a modern vibe, the SB-2 is the way to go. The shape is familiar, but the body contours are sleek and comfortable. Standing or sitting, you won't get tired or uncomfortable, even after all-night gigs. But it's the sound of this bass that'll really win you over. Building on the single coil/split coil design, it provides plenty of punch without sacrificing detail and finesse. Your sound will cut through with some of that mid-range bark, but you will still sound like you. This is the type of bass that's built for playing music, in general, rather than playing a certain style. Crank up the volume on both pickups for an aggressive, trebley, growly, and in-your-face sound, or use the split coil around 75% volume for warmer and more traditional-sounding. If the lack of a tone knob frightens you, then worry not. Rolling back the volume knobs on this really does mellow out the aggressive nature of this beast. This is a great American-made bass at a killer price.
When Leo Fender launched the G&L SB-2 bass in 1982, he packed his latest innovations in pickup and bridge design into a straightforward, hard-working bass. If you prefer a less-is-more aesthetic but hunger for something meatier, the SB-2 is just the ticket.
The SB-2 starts with a familiar shape, though subtle modifications to its sculpting make it more sleek and balanced. Strap it on and it immediately feels at home, yet somehow more comfortable than you expected. The slim, C-shaped neck falls immediately to hand, checking in with a comfortable 9 1/2" radius and 21 Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets ready to deliver silky playability.
Once the SB-2 has nestled into your comfort zone, it’s time to experience just how far Leo evolved the classic duo of split-coil and single coil pickups. You see, these Magnetic Field Design interpretations were created by Leo to give you more gusto without losing detail and finesse. A simple dual-volume control setup allows you to strike any balance between the two, even backing off both volumes to dial in a more vintage flavor. What’s more, the SB-2 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
The bottom line: SB-2 brings the magic of Leo’s own reinterpretation of the P/J configuration in a bass that delivers all the tone and feel you'd expect in a "Latter Day Leo" instrument.
Made in Leo Fender’s historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the SB-2 is available with a wide range of custom options including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, neck profiles and pickguard materials.
With that said, if you haven't found what you're looking for, we would be happy to custom order a G&L for you. G&L’s factory works like a big a-la carte custom shop, so it’s easy (and affordable) to get what you want. Finish, body wood, fingerboard, pickguard, bridge, neck profile, neck finish, nut type, frets, tuners, binding – there are nearly 1 million possible combinations of specs on a G&L. We love helping our customers make their dream guitar, so don't hesitate to reach out to us if you want to make your custom G&L a reality! Wait times are surprisingly short and most custom orders have an ETA of only 6-8 weeks from when the order is placed. As a premier G&L dealer, we are able to get expedited build times so we can get you the guitar of your dreams in quickly!
Our in-house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.