- G&L USA JB-5 Bass
- Clear Red
- Swamp Ash Body
- Hard-rock Maple Neck and Fretboard - Satin Vintage Tint Finish
- G&L Modern C5 Neck Shape - Exclusive to the Kiloton 5 and JB-5. 1.775" nut width, generous edge roll, medium taper from 0.810" at 1st fret to 0.910" at 12th fret
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- Black Block Fretboard Inlays
- Bone Nut
- 21 Medium Jumbo PLEK Dressed Frets
- Dot Inlays
- Scale Length 34"
- G&L JB Alnico V Single-Coil Pickups
- Knobs: Volume, Volume, Tone
- Saddle Lock Bridge
- Custom G&L Ultra-Lite Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- 1-Ply Black Pickguard
- Model Logo Delete (only G&L logo appears on the headstock)
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- G&L Certificate of Authenticity and Specs Sheet
- Instrument Weight: 9.5 lbs.
The G&L JB is all about subtle refinements to a timeless design. Paul Gagon, the tone and pickup guru over at G&L, analyzed hundreds of coveted old-school basses from the '60's. He found that part of their revered status had a lot to do with inconsistency. Back in the day, each bass rolled off the line a little differently, so some were "accidentally" built perfectly. These near perfect "Holy Grail" basses inspired and informed the G&L JB. The looks, feel, sound and vibe are familiar and reliable, but there are tweaks hiding in the design that'll please your ears and hands for years to come. The tone is rich, all-purpose sound that will enliven your ideas without getting in the way, and the neck feels like an old friend. This is the perfect go-to bass for every kind of player. This new, 5-string version, provides all of that vintage goodness but with the addition of a tight, focused, and punchy B-string that'll help you make the walls shake.
In the decade since G&L began offering bassists a made-in-Fullerton jazz style bass, the G&L JB has delighted players with classic Alnico tones served up with more attack and sustain thanks to its G&L Saddle Lock bridge designed by Leo Fender. Today, the G&L JB-5 applies this formula to a five-string platform with an easy-playing neck featuring 1.775" nut width and slim rear profile for enhanced comfort.
This JB-5 projects a time-honored yet subtly progressive vibe, embracing the past yet unafraid of moving forward. The slim, hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, while its comfortable 9 1/2" radius and Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets deliver silky playability. It's Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The moment you open the deluxe Tolex hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with an instrument of timeless elegance and a delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
Music Store Live is proud to be one of the top authorized G&L dealers on the planet. We do our best to stock inventory of what our team of experts feels is the best combination of specs, specifically, so you don't have to wait for a custom order from G&L.
That said, if you haven't found what you're looking for, we would be happy to custom order a G&L for you. G&L’s factory works like a big custom shop, so it’s easy (and inexpensive) to get exactly what you want. Finish, body wood, fingerboard, pickguard, bridge, neck profile, neck finish, nut type, frets, tuners, binding – there are nearly 1 million possible combinations of specs on a G&L. We love helping our customers make their dream guitar, so don't hesitate to reach out to us if you want to make your custom G&L a reality!
Our in-house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).