- G&L ASAT Classic Alnico
- Himalayan Blue w/Matching Headstock
- Alder Body - Original Leo Spec Depth
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Hardrock Maple Neck - Satin Light Tint
- Modern Classic Neck Shape - 1 11/16” nut width with 1 5/8” string spacing allows a generous edge roll for superb comfort without string fall-off. Fairly slim with mild taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.870” at the 12th fret.
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- 22 Frets
- Dot Inlays
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- G&L ASAT Classic Alnico Single Coil Pickups in Bridge and Neck
- 3-Way Blade Pickup Selector
- 3-Ply Parchment Pickguard
- Boxed-Steel Bridge
- Individually Adjustable Brass Saddles
- G&L 12:1 Ratio Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Instrument Weight: 8.2 lbs.
This is a unique and tonally diverse take on G&L's infamous ASAT design. The tone is slightly more old school than your standard ASAT. It leans toward the bright and sparkly side of things without being too treble-happy. Clean, you can pull all kinds of twang out of this axe, or back off on the tone for a darker, subtler sound. With some distortion, this guitar turns into the perfect axe for any kind of blues, rock or country. It thickens up and cuts through while retaining that vocal-like quality of good single coils. The neck is very round and comfortable, perfect for fast leads, chords and big bends. This guitar represents some of the best American craftsmanship around.
These Alnico wonders aren’t just another flavor-of-the-week, having been carefully refined by G&L's Paul Gagon for personal guitars since the late 1970s. Back then, Gagon was an R&D engineer at another company when he was tasked with finding out what was so special about the early bolt-on guitars many players raved about. Gagon analyzed many examples of what were considered "holy grail" guitars, spending time out on the shop floor talking to builders still working in the pickup department since the ‘50s, all on a quest to discover where the real mojo was – and wasn’t. What he learned from the builders matched his own engineering analysis. You see, back in the day, the actual spec of pickups coming that down that old production line varied considerably. Moreover, that nagging imbalance between bridge and neck pickup was something he longed to improve on, and today, Gagon’s preferred pairing of Alnico V pickups has arrived to delight the ears of the discerning guitarists.
Like the G&L Legacy, the new ASAT Classic Alnico combines best-of Alnico tone with modern Leo touches for a brilliant blend of vintage and contemporary. If Alnico is your flavor, you owe it to yourself to experience what three decades of passionate development have achieved.
To commemorate the initial production of these Alnico pickups, G&L has commissioned a special 100-instrument production of ASAT Classic Alnico Launch Edition guitars. The Launch Edition features a Sugar Pine body and coated in a gorgeous new Autumn Burst finish developed by veteran G&L painter, Malcolm McLamore. The combination of a Sugar Pine body and Alnico magnet pickups harkens back to early prototype instruments created by Leo Fender, yet the Launch Edition isn’t a time-warp instrument: this is a thoughtful remix that blends the best of old-school Leo with 21st century G&L quality and playability.
With that said, if you haven't found what you're looking for, we would be happy to custom order a G&L for you. G&L’s factory works like a big a-la carte custom shop, so it’s easy (and affordable) to get what you want. Finish, body wood, fingerboard, pickguard, bridge, neck profile, neck finish, nut type, frets, tuners, binding – there are nearly 1 million possible combinations of specs on a G&L. We love helping our customers make their dream guitar, so don't hesitate to reach out to us if you want to make your custom G&L a reality! Wait times are surprisingly short and most custom orders have an ETA of only 6-8 weeks from when the order is placed. As a premier G&L dealer, we are able to get expedited build times so we can get you the guitar of your dreams in quickly!
Our in-house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).