Music Store Live is proud to present this Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II Bass Head! This high-power, low-weight bass amp from Gallien-Krueger is unlike anything else on the market. Even before we tried out all the practical and gig-ready features of the 1001RB-II, this amp won us over with its tone. It's punchy, dynamic, rich sound that doesn't lean too heavily in one tonal direction. Instead, it's easy to sculpt into what the playing situation demands, and it has plenty of clean headroom. At 700 watts and only 18 lbs, this amp doesn't have many peers (if any) in terms of power to weight ratio. But this isn't just a great sounding and convenient bass amp. Gallien-Kruegger has outfitted this head with some practical and useful features that will simplify the life of any gigging bass player. Read on for specifics.
This Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II bass amp head features 700 watts at 4 ohms plus 50 watts in a separate power amp for the horn bi-amp system. One of GK's best innovations in recent years, the horn bi-amp system lets the woofers take more abuse than the horn (aka tweeter). The result is more clean headroom, better sounding grit when it does break up, and less tweeter replacements. Separate volumes for each lets you overdrive the lows while preserving clean high frequencies.
GK built this amp with 4 and 5 string players in mind. The "String Bass" button extends your range at 20hz by an added 11db, so you don't need a separate amp for separate basses. The "Contour" knob makes it very easy to carve out your tone, even if you know nothing about EQ. All the way off, the amp is transparent and balanced, and turning it clockwise scoops the mids while boosting the bass and treble. Every time this amp powers up, it checks for faults and short circuits, making your gigging life much less stressful. The front-loaded effects loop makes hooking up your pedals quick and easy. Gallien-Krueger really got this one right. Lightweight, powerful, and full of features made with the gigging bassist in mind, you'd be hard pressed to find something similar at this price range.
Note: This amp will work just fine with any 4 ohm cab, but the horn bi-amp system will only work with GK's SBX, Neo, or RBH series cabs. Feel free to call if you'd like more info.
- Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II
- 700 Watts + 50 Watts Horn Bi-Amp System
- 4 ohm
- Electronically Balanced Active DI
- Ground Lift, Pre/Post EQ
- "String Bass" Switch for Added Low-End
- Horn Bi-Amp System - Separate Volume for Woofer/Horn
- Active 4-Band EQ
- Front-Loaded Effects Loop
- Contour Control
- Specially Designed Speakon Cable for Bi-Amp Hookup
- 18 lbs
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).