- G&L USA Fullerton Deluxe ASAT Special
- 3-Tone Sunburst
- Alder Body
- Hard Rock Maple Neck - Gloss Vintage Tint Neck Finish
- Chechen (aka Carribean Rosewood) Fretboard
- G&L Modern Classic Neck Profile - 1 11/16” nut width with 1 5/8” string spacing allows a generous edge roll for superb comfort without string fall-off. Fairly slim with mild taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.870” at the 12th fret.
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- 22 PLEK Dressed Medium Jumbo Frets
- Dot Inlays
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- G&L Jumbo Single Coil MFD Pickups
- Controls: Volume, Tone, 3-Way Pickups Selector
- G&L Saddle-Lock Bridge
- 3-Ply Parchment Pickguard
- Individually Adjustable Saddles
- G&L Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- G&L Deluxe Hardshell Case
- G&L Certificate of Authenticity and Specs Sheet
- Instrument Weight: 7.9 lbs
- Serial #: CLF1812122
Music Store Live is proud to present this G&L USA Fullerton Deluxe ASAT Special. Perfect for those that don't need all of the options of the a-la-carte USA Custom menu but still want a few upgrades over the Fullerton Standards and the Tributes. If you still need that superior build quality coming out of the G&L shop in California, want a more comfortable body shape with a rear contour, prefer the tinted gloss finish on the neck (which can also easily be given a beautiful satin feel with some steel wool), and prefer a hardshell case instead of a gig bag, then the Fullerton Deluxe is going to be perfect for you and it'll out-perform just about anything else in its comparable price range without bleeding your wallet dry.
This is made by the exact same people that make the G&L USA Customs but they're able to offer it at a reduced price by not providing so many options. In 2018 G&L introduced the Fullerton Standard and Fullerton Deluxe series. What was already a great bang-for-your-buck instrument just got even better! We can't stress enough how there were no corners cut, no changes to the hardware, no differences in the pickups, and nothing different about the build process on these. They really feel like a high-end, boutique guitar but the price tag is a bit below what you might expect for quality of this level.
The ASAT Special is essentially is a slightly hotter ASAT Classic. Unmistakably G&L, this guitar sounds kind of like your standard ASAT, but on steroids. All of that shiny and articulate top-end is there and there's also a beefier mid-range with more pronounced lows. Everything rings out with a clear and bell-like chime. Harmonics have a way of leaping off the fretboard and the sustain is immaculate. This axe will sound great with some bluesy overdrive. You'll get plenty of mid-range beef, but you'll also get those upper mid harmonics that have a way of sculpting your sound. The Carribean rosewood fingerboard is somewhere between rosewood and maple. A bit like morado/pau ferro, for those who may be familiar with those tonal properties. It's still warm and round, like rosewood, but with a touch more snappiness to it.
The feel is a familiar G&L comfort: a cozy neck shape with a breathable finish for a smooth ride all the way up and down. The neck is slightly slimmer than G&L necks of old and feels a bit more modern (as the name of the neck shape implies). Stellar construction and a price tag that is below most other boutique guitars make this a home run instrument.
The 2018 Fullerton Deluxe ASAT Special bundles some of the most time-honored option combinations from the G&L Individual Order menu. Butterscotch Blonde and Clear 3-Tone Sunburst feature swamp ash bodies coated in transparent finish to showcase their beauty, while Fullerton Red feature an alder body for rounder tones. All three finishes are paired with pickguard that sets off the color just right, and that elegance continues up the neck with the G&L polished Vintage Gloss finish that looks fantastic and feels silky, not sticky.
The G&L ASAT Special just might be the quintessential G&L guitar, viewed by many as Leo’s ultimate single-cutaway. Back in 1985, Leo Fender launched this model under the G&L Broadcaster name, which prompted a response from Fred Gretsch of Gretsch Guitars over the name just as it had thirty-five years earlier. History buffs will recall that the Broadkaster® name is owned by Gretsch, and once again, a Broadcaster from Leo was required to have its name changed. This time around, the name became "ASAT" which is US military shorthand for an "Anti-Satellite" missile.
The ASAT Special, as the model became known, features jumbo single-coil Magnetic Field Design pickups, each with a narrow bobbin aperture for a coil which is shallow yet wide. In this regard, an MFD jumbo single coil is similar to a P-90 or Jazzmaster pickup, yet the MFD principle provides a punchier bottom end and brighter top end sparkling with harmonics. Leo further departed with the past with the addition of his innovative Saddle-Lock bridge which transfers string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The result is one of the most versatile guitars ever, serving up ballsy twang to searing blues to smooth jazz tones.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for G&L. This Fullerton Deluxe ASAT Special is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Music Store Live is proud to be one of the top authorized G&L dealers in the world. We do our best to stock inventory that our team of experts feel are the best combinations of specs so you don't have to wait for a custom order from G&L. With that said, if you haven't found what you're looking for, we would be happy to custom order a G&L for you. There are lots of options to pick from so you can piece together your dream instrument. It’s easy (and affordable) to get exactly what you want via the a-la carte USA Custom ordering process. Finish, body wood, fingerboard, pickguard, bridge, neck profile, neck finish, nut type, frets, tuners, binding – there are nearly 1 million possible combinations of specs on a G&L. They also have a custom shop where virtually anything you desire is possible and is built by their most talented luthiers. We love helping our customers make their dream guitar, so don't hesitate to reach out to us if you want to make your custom G&L a reality!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).