- G&L USA Fullerton Standard Legacy
- Graphite Metallic
- Alder Body
- Maple Neck - Clear Satin Finish
- Caribbean Rosewood (aka Chechen) Fretboard
- G&L Modern Classic Neck Shape - 1 11/16” nut width with 1 5/8” string spacing allows a generous edge roll for superb comfort without string fall-off. Fairly slim with mild taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.870” at the 12th fret.
- 9.5" Fretboard Radius
- 22 PLEK Dressed Medium Jumbo Frets
- Dot Inlays
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Pickups: G&L CLF-100 Alnico 5 Single-Coils (Reverse Wound Middle)
- 5 Way Switch
- Black Pickguard, Knobs, and Pickup Covers
- G&L Dual Fulcrum Vibrato Bridge
- G&L 12:1 Ratio Tuners
- Bone Nut
- Chrome Hardware
- PTB System - Passive Treble/Bass Knobs
- G&L Gig Bag Included
- Made in Fullerton, California
Where else can you get a 100% USA-made guitar for under $1,000 these days? This is made by the exact same people that make the G&L USA Customs but they're able to offer it at a reduced price by not providing so many options. So in 2018 G&L introduced the Fullerton Standard and Fullerton Deluxe series and what was already a great bang-for-your-buck instrument just got even better! We can't stress enough how there were no corners cut, no changes to the hardware, no differences in the pickups, and nothing different about the build process on these. This is a bonafide USA G&L that comes in well below anyone else's entry level USA-made guitars' price point these days.
When Paul Gagon, G&L VP Engineering and all-around tone and pickup guru, was tasked with creating a guitar that honored the tradition of great American tone, he drew from decades of experience in the industry and came up the G&L Legacy. It's a straightforward yet innovative guitar that honors the past while providing subtle refinements for today's player. The tone is the epitome of great single coil American sound.
The G&L Legacy has that classic quack and chime, with a warm woody quality to the mids and lows. Clean, it's crystal clear and articulate, perfect for rhythm parts or a no-nonsense blues tone. With distortion, this guitar can handle any blend of rock, country, blues, pop, surf, and just about everything else. The feel has been dialed in just right, so it's comfortable and familiar the first time you pick it up.
Impeccable American craftsmanship at the most reasonable price point you'll find for a USA-made instrument make the Fullerton Standards some of the best deals on the market.
The 2018 Fullerton Standard Legacy delivers unsurpassed value in an authentic G&L made in Leo’s historic factory in Fullerton, California. It includes a G&L gig bag. By reducing options on these models G&L was able to increase the value of these instruments by maintaining the same quality while lowering the price significantly.
The G&L Legacy blends contemporary refinements from the Leo Fender-designed S-500 and Comanche models with classic Alnico V pickups. If your holy grail is faithful Alnico single-coil tone with modern refinements and superb craftsmanship, the Legacy makes for an excellent choice.
The Legacy’s vintage-spec CLF-100 Alnico V pickups have that unmistakable chime and quack reminiscent of the best examples from the late ‘50s, thanks to the work of Paul Gagon, G&L VP Engineering. Gagon found his inspiration reviewing original prints stored in Leo’s private laboratory at G&L, but that was just the start. About 30 years ago, Gagon was an R&D engineer at another company when he was tasked with finding out what was so special about the early bolt-on guitars many players raved about. Gagon tirelessly analyzed many examples of what were considered holy grail guitars, spending time out on the shop floor talking to builders still working in the pickup department since the ‘50s, all on a quest to discover where the real mojo was – and wasn’t. What he learned from the builders matched his own engineering analysis. You see, back in the day, the actual spec of pickups coming that down that old production line varied considerably. That meant coming up with the right specs for the Legacy pickups was more challenging than simply following the prints. Gagon’s persistence paid off as the Legacy garnered rave reviews from both players and magazines like Guitar Player and Guitar World.
This axe is no slave to the past, however, starting with Leo’s PTB (Passive Treble and Bass) system which functions on all three pickups for dramatically more variety than the vintage setup. What’s more, the Legacy features a Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
Music Store Live is proud to be one of the top authorized G&L dealers on the planet. We do our best to stock inventory of what our team of experts feels is the best combination of specs, specifically, so you don't have to wait for a custom order from G&L.
That said, if you haven't found what you're looking for, we would be happy to custom order a G&L for you. G&L’s factory works like a big custom shop, so it’s easy (and cheap) to get exactly what you want. Finish, body wood, fingerboard, pickguard, bridge, neck profile, neck finish, nut type, frets, tuners, binding – there are nearly 1 million possible combinations of specs on a G&L. We love helping our customers make their dream guitar, so don't hesitate to reach out to us if you want to make your custom G&L a reality!
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for G&L. This Fullerton Standard Legacy is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).