- Colour: Honey
- Body: Solid Mahogany chambered with double carved maple top
- Neck: Solid Mahogany
- Scratch Plate: Yes
- Scale: 24.75”/628mm
- Frets: 22 Medium jumbo
- Nut Width: 45mm nominal
- Nut: Graphite
- Tuners: Wilkinson WJ455
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic
- Pickups: 2 Wilkinson WVC
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 1 Vari-Coil
- Weight: 7.5 lbs
Designed in conjunction with the highly respected and often emulated jazz/rock supremo himself, the ’JE' has an impressive specification.
John is held in high regard as one of the top guitarists in the world. In a career of decades he has worked work with the likes of Stephane Grappelli, John Williams, Dizzy Gillespie, Yehudi Menhuin, Nigel Kennedy and of course legendary jazz/rock fusion group The Soft Machine.
Not just another great guitarist, John is a master of the instrument and he knows how to use it to best effect in an enormous range of settings. He is fast, a great chord man, inventive but subtle, as good with a pick as finger style, as at home on acoustic as on electric guitar. John needs a guitar that can offer a wide variety of tones and a huge range of styles.
Carved from a solid mahogany blank, the Elise ‘JE’ body features an offset heel and lower horn scoop for enhanced upper fret access. Acoustically tuned chambers, a full length centre block and a double carved solid maple cap create a light, vibrant semi-acoustic body. This, combined with the Fret-King long-tenon neck joint, mated precisely to the body under the neck pickup, maximises the retention and transmission of the Elise’s fundamental acoustic properties.
The ebony fingerboard with 45mm nut width and traditional block inlays provides a supremely positive playing feel, whilst the elegant retro-styled ebony tailpiece with stagger drilled through body stringing further enhances the Elise’s inherent tonality, and provides perfectly balanced playing tension.
Two Wilkinson WVC double coil pickups give the Elise the authenticity, definition and power required for everything from mellow jazz to full-bore blues. The addition of the Fret-King ‘Vari-coil™’ allows you to wind the WVC pickups down to single coil progressively, opening up a whole raft of useable tones.
Finished in an attractive honey with pinstripe binding and an ebony Fret-King ‘signature’ pick guard, the JE looks just as good as it sounds.
All of our B-Stock gear is guaranteed to be in perfect working condition. Most often we acquire these pieces directly from the manufacturer and in like-new condition. There may be some minor cosmetic signs of use which will have no impact on the functionality of this item.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact item you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).