Music Store Live is proud to offer up this Friedman Vintage-S HSS guitar with a beautifully roasted maple neck and fretboard.
We've been thoroughly impressed with the offerings we're seeing coming out of the Friedman guitar-building department. This one takes a traditional S-style design and hot-rods it up a bit with a humbucker in the bridge, a simple 2-knob design, and a bridge tone that is searing and cutting while maintaining a neck and middle pickup sound that is rich and warm and very much reminiscent of a vintage build.
The neck feels amazing. It's instantly familiar and the compound radius fretboard feels natural and perfectly intuitive to navigate around. The fretwork is superb you're easily able to dial in some nice low action without having to worry about fret buzzing. Right out of the box these were playing incredibly smoothly. Thanks to the nitro finish on the guitar, it'll only feel better and better the more you play it.
High-end and truly boutique, the folks over at Friedman are showing that they can build a lot more than just some incredibly impressive amps and pedals. They tried their hand at making guitars and have shown that they're here to stay.
- Timeless Classic
- Vintage Feel - Modern playability
- Versatile Proven Design
Premium body woods: Dave chose genuine Alder and Ash as the body woods of choice for their classic tonal character. Each piece of wood is hand-selected by Grover Jackson himself. In the last round of building 25 guitars, over 500 wood planks were inspected by Grover - 475 did not make the cut. Grain pattern and lightweight are benchmarks for every VINTAGE-S.
Necks: Select eastern hard maple with your choice of Indian Rosewood, Maple, Birdseye Maple, Ebony and Pau Ferro fingerboard is available.
Frets: Jescar FW47095 nickel silver fret wire is used on VINTAGE-S guitars.
Compound Radius: Grover Jackson invented the compound radius fingerboard (CRF) 35 years ago. The fingerboard geometry is based on a conical shape rather than cylindrical. The significance is tangible and substantial – a 10”-14” compound radius fingerboard allows for maximum playability with no chance of your strings fretting out when bending. The compound radius is time-consuming and laborious to get exactly right, yet worth-it – and featured on every Friedman VINTAGE-S.
Tight Pocket and Exclusive Zero-Shift Neck Pins: Neck shifting results in incorrect string alignment and is a challenge for many guitars. A tight neck pocket helps, but in-and-of-itself does not eliminate the problem. VINTAGE-S guitars raise the bar with the exclusive Zero-Shift Neck Pin design; whereby, two military-grade precision steel dowel pins align the body and neck, eliminating shift altogether. The tonal benefit of this connection is a virtual fusion of the body and neck whereby the transference of vibration is maximized.
Tuners and Bridge: The VINTAGE-S bridge features vintage style bent metal saddles combined with a 2 point Fulcrum and Steel block paired with locking vintage inspired tuners.
PLEK: Very few boutique builders and many of the giants do not use a PLEK. This German-made device provides the ultimate in fretboard analysis, fret- leveling and overall setup, and ensures maximum modern playability of all Friedman guitars.
Aged Nitrocellulose Finish: Grover Jackson is one of the few guitar manufacturers in Southern California permitted to spray nitrocellulose lacquer. Friedman guitars wear a thin nitro finish allowing the wood to breathe.
Custom Friedman Pickups: In addition to the Friedman Classic pickup line. The Friedman Classic Single pickups were designed to produce that well-known vintage single coil chime with the ability to cut through the mix. This is combined with Classic+ Humbucker in the bridge position to provide every player with a full tonal palette.
- The Friedman Classic Single Coils feature Alnico 3 magnets and the middle pickup is a Reverse Wound Reverse Polarity (RWRP). This allows the 2 and 4 pickup selector positions to be Hum Cancelling.
- The "+" in the Friedman Classic+ Humbucker signifies that it has more windings and is hotter than the Classic Humbucker. This gives the pickup a slightly crunchier tone in higher gain environments. This pickup is used in the bridge position of the CALI.
Case included: All Friedman guitars come in a custom G&G case.
Certificate of Authenticity: Dave Friedman and Grover Jackson carefully inspect each guitar prior to shipping. A serial numbered Certificate of Authenticity signed by both Dave and Grover is included.
- Model: Vintage-S HSS
- Color: Shell Pink
- Relic Level: Light Age
- Body: Alder
- Pickguard 3-Ply Parchment
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Roasted Mape
- Neck Wood: Roasted Maple - Satin
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fretboard Radius: 10" - 14" Compound
- Frets: 22, Jescar FW47095, PLEK
- Pickups: Single-Coil (neck), RWRP Single-Coil (middle), Zebra Classic+ Humbucker (bridge)
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade
- Bridge: Vintage Style, Bent Metal, 2-Point Fulcrum Tremolo
- Tuners: Locking, Vintage Inspired
- Finish: Aged Nickel
- Case: G&G Black Tolex Hardshell
- Serial #: 0920-1796
- Instrument Weight: 7 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Friedman. This Vintage S is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.