Dave Friedman’s Small Box all-tube amplifier is well known for being one of the most flexible and touch-responsive amplifiers on the market today. You can now get the same tonal versatility, sensitivity and harmonically rich overdrive as this legendary amp with Friedman’s new Small Box overdrive pedal. The Small Box pedal packs the same intuitive control set as the amplifier, allowing you to dial in your perfect shade of rock, from vintage Plexi goodness to high gain madness. Whether you want a high-output cleaner tone for pushing your amp hard, or a thick gritty drive that will sit well in any classic to modern rock band, a sweep of the gain control easily gets you there. If you want to reign in the gain some more, simply flip the side mounted gain switch and it will simulate the Plexi-Channel of the Small Box amplifier. To experience the Small Box’s accolade-garnering Friedman tone, put this overdrive pedal on your board today.
British rock at its best
The Small Box overdrive can scream with an unabashedly rock 'n' roll voice while still being surprisingly versatile. You can go from screaming high gain to a killer dirty boost by simply rolling the pedal's gain knob back and flipping the gain structure switch to “lower gain mode”.
- Friedman Small Box amp tone in a compact pedal format
- Responds to guitar controls and picking nuance exactly like the amp
- Gain control and gain structure switch, takes you from gritty to hard rock with ease
Ready for your rig
The Small Box Overdrive pedal delivers tube like tone in a small pedal format which can be used either into a clean amp or to boost an already over-driven amp.
- Ideal for use with both clean and overdriven amps
- Controls for bass, mid, treble, presence, volume and gain are intuitive for quick ‘dial in’
- 2 position side-mounted Gain Structure switch lets you choose from low-focused gain or high gain madness!
- True Bypass Switching
- Can be powered between 9-18VDC (no battery)
- Assembled in USA
- Dimensions: 2.5" (W) x 4.75" (L) x 2.5" (H)
- Weight: 1 lbs.
The man who knows tone
Dave Friedman has earned one of the most stellar reputations in the guitar, amplifier, and effects industry. For decades his clientele - which includes some of the biggest names in electric guitar - continue to rely on him to keep them sounding their best, night after night. When Dave puts his name on a piece of gear, you know it will get the job done.
- Dave Friedman's name is synonymous with high-quality electric guitar products
- Assembled in USA with only the finest materials for flawless performance
- Every unit is rigorously inspected and tested before shipping
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).