- Model: Q5
- Color: Titanium
- Weight: About 195g
- Dimensions: About 124mm x 64mm x 16mm
- Audio Input: Standard 3.5mm Port (Shared Line/Coaxial/Optical in) Digital Coaxial Input Port: Standard 3.5mm Port (Shared Line/Coaxial/ Optical in)
- Digital/Optical Input Port: Standard 3.5mm Port (Shared Line / Coaxial/Optical in)
- USB Port: 11-pin Micro USB at the bottom side,for data exchanging and charging, 5-pin Micro USB on the left side, for charging only by default, (Can be interchanged via App)
- Analog Input port(LO): Standard 3.5mm stereo jack
- Headphone Output Port: Standard 3.5mm stereo jack
- Balanced Output Port: 2.5mm port
- Recommended Headphone Impedance: 16~150Ω(PO), 16~300Ω(BAL)
- Channel Balance: 0.1 dB
- Gain: Yes(High/Low)
- Bass Boost: Up to 384kHz/32bit supported
- Volume Control: Potentiometer(ADC Sampling)
- Power Supply: DC5V 2A (Recommended)
- Battery Capacity: 3800 mAh, ＞25 h (AUX IN), ＞10 h (USB IN)
- Charge Time: ≤3.5 h （DV5V 2A，USB port on the side）
- Battery Life: ＞10 h (OPT IN), ＞10 h (COAX IN), ＞10 h (Bluetooth IN)
- Charging Indicator: Red light flashes when being charged, Red light goes off after fully charged
- Low Battery Warning: Red light flashes twice every 3 seconds
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2, supports aptX, AAC, SBC
- MFi: Yes
- Sampling Rate Supported Up to: 384kHz/32bit（USB IN), 192KHz/24bit（COAX IN）, 96KHz/24bit（OPT IN）
- DSD Support（USB IN）: DSD64/128/256
- Chips Used: DAC: AK4490EN * 2,USB:XMOS XU208 ,Bluetooth： CSR8670,LPF：OPA1642×2，Volume IC：NJW1195 OP+AMP：AD8620+OPA926
Line output specifications
- THD+N: ＜0.001% (1 kHz/10kΩ)
- SNR: ≥115 dB (A-weighted)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz~90 kHz（-3dB）
- Channel Separation: ＞97 dB (1 kHz)
AM3A Headphone out specifications (3.5mm headphone out jack)
- Output Power 1: ≥230 mW（16Ω/THD+N＜1%)
- Output Impedance: ＜1.4Ω (32Ω loaded)
- Output Power 2: ≥160 mW（32Ω /THD+N＜1%)
- Channel Separation: ≥73 dB (1 kHz，AUX IN)
- Output Power 3: ≥24 mW（300Ω / THD+N＜1%)
- THD+N: ＜0.001% (1 kHz）
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz~50 kHz（-3dB）
- Peak Output Voltage: ＞6 Vp-p
- SNR: ≥115 dB (A-weighted)
- Max.Output Current: 150mA (For reference)
- Max.Input Level: 3.8 Vrms
Balanced headphone out specifications (2.5mm TRRS headphone out jack)
- Output Power 1: ≥470 mW（16Ω/THD+N＜1%)
- Output Impedance: ＜2Ω (32Ω loaded)
- Output Power 2: ≥440 mW（32Ω /THD+N＜1%)
- Channel Separation: ≥99 dB (1 kHz，AUX IN)
- Output Power 3: ≥93 mW（300Ω / THD+N＜1%)
- THD+N: ＜0.001% (1 kHz)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz~50kHz（-3dB）
- Peak Output Voltage: ＞10.5 Vp-p
- SNR: ≥115 dB (A-weighted）
- Max.Output Current: 150 mA (For reference)
- Max.Input Level: 3.8 Vrms
Dual AK4490EN DAC chips for the ultimate in decoding performance
The Q5 is equipped with two of AKM's AK4490EN DAC chips - known for its smooth, pleasant yet detailed sound due to its high signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion. Audio up to 384kHz/32 bit sampling rates and bit-depths are supported as well as native DSD up to DSD256. When DSD audio is transmitted to the Q5 in USB DAC usage, a green indicator will light up (*DSD indicator lights up when correctly set up. For more information, please visit the official support and FAQ page.)
The low-pass filter section of the Q5 employs Texas Instruments' high performance OPA1642, while the MSP432 microcontroller ensures that audio signals are precisely handled with lower power consumption for longer battery life. When these elements are combined with the AK4490 DAC chip, Panasonic film capacitors, and the NJW1195 volume control chip, what results is a wonderful, melodious sound that is just pure ecstasy for your ears.
XMOS USB Audio to ensure a rock-solid connection
We elected to use the XMOS XUF208 microcontroller for its stability, powerful functionality, and its proven reliability. You can be sure that the Q5 will just work when connected to most audio sources, such as computers or mobile phones.
Specially-designed power supply filter and conversion circuit for pure sound goodness
The Q5's internal design contains seven low-dropout (LDO) regulators, one each for the DAC, line-out, volume control, low-pass filter, amplifier, XMOS, and Bluetooth sections. Each of these sections have their own power supply circuits for cleaner power and less interference to each component, ensuring your music will come through as purely as it ever can.
Certified by 3 Major Bodies
- MFi Certified
- Hi-Res Audio Certified
- aptX Certified
Interchangeable amp modules fully compatible with FiiO's lineup
The Q5 continues to use the innovative interchangeable amp module design used by other models in FiiO's lineup and is fully compatible with any FiiO amp modules released thus far. The interchangeable amp module design significantly increases the Q5's flexibility, as you can purchase different amp modules for different power needs of different headphones or even for different sound signatures!
Balanced and single-ended outputs all in the AM3A
The Q5 is bundled with the AM3A amp module with both single-ended and balanced outputs. Employed in the AM3A are the AD8620 wide bandwidth JFET operational amplifier (widely used as a preamplifier in highly-regarded designs) as well as the OPA926, originally exclusively designed for the X7 Mark II.
Sandblasted and Lasered CNC aluminum body
The Q5's outer shell begins life as aluminum alloy – which is then put through a CNC machine and carefully surfaced. The rear of the shell is meticulously lasered, such that the upper and lower ends with the Hi-Res Audio and FiiO labels, respectively give off a minimalistic yet sophisticated look. The sides of the shell are laboriously sandblasted so that the side buttons and bottom-mounted amp module all fit together in a harmonious whole. The aluminum alloy nature of the body also means that it effectively resists electromagnetic interference.
Backside leather for protection and elegance
The rear of the Q5 is covered in polyurethane leather which not only gives it a touch of unique style, but also protects it against scratches ensuring your unit remains as pristine as in its first day
Heartfelt design you can feel with your fingertips
FiiO's designers sincerely wanted to make your experience of handling the Q5 a pleasant one, one example of which is the volume knob. Notice how on the right side, around the volume wheel are two gently sloping "ramps " which naturally guide your finger to the volume knob as well as subtly protrude said knob for easier access. The 45° notches and red ring on the volume wheel also discreetly indicate where the volume knob is and add a dash of style to what is usually such a mundane tool.
Perfectly sized for excellent handling
When designing the Q5, we wanted to demonstrate that you can have both form and function. After much iteration on its outer design, we settled on a design that is as pleasing to the eye as it is delightful to use in the hands.
State-of-the-art ADC volume control
The Q5's volume control is based on an ingenious ADC mechanism, which aims to rid of problems such as volume imbalance between the left and right channels and extra noise while increasing overall adjustment accuracy when changing the volume by accurately reconstructing the ADC curve. This not only makes it easier to get to the volume you want, it also ensures that changing the volume actually feels good. Compared to the Q1 Mark II, the Q5 has 256 more levels of adjustment to the volume.
High performance USB DAC functionality
When connected to your computer via a micro-USB cable, the Q5 becomes a highly competent standalone DAC/amplifier combo. In USB DAC mode the Q5 supports PCM audio up to 384kHz/32 bit and DSD up to DSD 256 (no drivers required for Mac).
(*Note 1: If using Windows, you need to install a driver to unlock full functionality – please go to the support page to download) (*Note 2: Playing DSD in USB DAC mode may require certain specialty software)
World-class Bluetooth audio
The Q5 is a high-performance Bluetooth enabled DAC/amplifier combo that bypasses its Bluetooth chip's internal DAC for much better sound quality. That is, digital Bluetooth audio signals are directly passed to the AK4490 DAC through the XMOS chip for reduced total harmonic distortion and crosstalk, a lower noise floor, etc. – for a much purer and ultimately more accurate audio experience compared to a typical Bluetooth audio receiver. The same care has also been taken with respect to digital audio signals from the USB DAC, coaxial, and optical interfaces so that no matter how you connect to the Q5, you can be sure that you consistently get an excellent audio experience.
Let your iPhone rock on
Connecting the Q5 to your Apple iOS device with the included Lightning-to-micro USB cable allows you to continue to use your traditional 3.5mm headphones - but this time with your iPhone having never sounded so good before!
*Note: The included Lightning-to-micro USB cables have been officially certified by Apple for use with iOS devices with a special identification chip, so that the cables will work with any iOS versions, even unreleased future ones.
By using the FiiO L27 cable, you can connect the Q5 for use as an audio decoder to any devices using the WM-PORT interface such as Sony Walkman players – giving the Q5 yet more flexibility.
One-stop shop for all of your coaxial/optical/line input needs
In addition to the connection methods described elsewhere, the Q5 all includes a 3.5mm coaxial/optical /line-in combo connector. The optical connector allows you to hook up the Q5 with any device that supports optical output (such as the MacBook Pro) without any need for drivers. The line-in connector allows you to use the Q5 as a standalone headphone amplifier.
Controls designed for simplicity and intuitiveness
For your further convenience, on the upper-left side of the Q5 are buttons to play, pause, and change tracks when in Bluetooth mode. These buttons also serve other purposes when not connected through Bluetooth. For instance, the play/pause button also turns on or off Bluetooth mode as well as enables pairing mode. The skip- to-next-track button also changes between coaxial, optical, and line-in input.
*Note: When Bluetooth mode is used for the first time, the Q5 by default will attempt to pair with another Bluetooth device. To subsequently enter pairing mode, hold the PAIR button until the device starts to alternately flash lights. In non-Bluetooth modes, each press of the next button switches between input modes for the top 3.5mm combo connector.
Dual independent micro-USB connectors
Traditionally, highly advanced DAC/amplifier combos have consumed lots of power in order to provide great quality sound. This means that due to the lack of current provided by a computer's USB port, your device's battery could actually drain even when not using it on the go. At the same time, whatever power provided by the USB port in this fashion is usually not clean, which has a great negative impact on the sound quality. Therefore, it is important that an audio device is powered by a clean, high quality power source.
The Q5 is designed with two USB ports (one on the side and one on the bottom) for this very purpose. The side USB port is for charging only while the bottom USB port is only for transmitting digital audio signals, so that the Q5's firmware can be updated when hooked up to a computer. This ensures that the Q5 has access to enough cleaner power as well as ensuring the battery doesn't drain in such scenarios. This same design is actually used among other well-renown portable audio products.
Unique RGB status lights
With the Q5, you can quickly identify what input is being used by simply taking a glance at the RGB lights near the bottom of the device. White means USB input, blue is Bluetooth, green is line-in, purple is optical and yellow is coaxial, and red is to remind the user the battery is low when flashing (twice every 5 seconds) or the battery is running out (when solid). Moreover, it's to remind that the device is charging when the light pulsing in any color. Included in the Q5 is a handy card that reminds the user of all of these indicators.
Gain switches and bass boost
With the Q5, you can switch between low and high gains (depending on how much driving power your headphone needs) as well as toggle between bass boost on or off (depending on your preferences).
3800 mAh battery for longer listening
The Q5's high capacity battery is designed so that it will last as long as you need it to. When connected to mobile phones for use as a DAC or as a Bluetooth receiver, the Q5 will last about 10 hours. When connected through its coaxial input, the Q5 will keep playing for about 10.5 hours. When used purely as an amp, the Q5 will keep on going for a whopping 20 hours.
Intelligent power management
When connected to a PC or mobile phone via USB, the Q5 will automatically not drain the connected device's battery. When the Q5 has been in a idle state (that is, when the Q5 is not connected to any input or it is connected to another device but is not receiving digital audio signals) for a predetermined amount of time, it will shut down. (Default is 10 minutes.)
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).