- Name/Model No.: M7
- Operating System : Deeply customized Android
- CPU model: Exynos 7270 14nm
- No.of cores: 4
- CPU operating frequency: 1.4GHz
- DAC: ES9018Q2C
- Keyboard: Virtual QWERTY keyboard
- Input method: ouchscreen
- Special features: LDAC，FM radio，clock，gestures operation
- User interface: Deeply customized /FiiO Music
- Chips used; SoC: Samsung Exynos 7270, DAC：ES9018Q2C, FM chip：Si4705，Bluetooth chip：SAMSUNG S5N5C10B01-6330
- WiFi: N/A
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth V4.2，aptX/aptX-HD supported
- USB: TYPE C USB2.0
- LDAC: Supported
- Display size: 3.2 inches
- Number of colours: 0.26 million colors
- Display type: TFT
- Viewable angle: Full-view
- Resolution: 480×800
- Pixel density: 292 ppi
- Touchscreen: Yes
- RAM: 768MB
- Total ROM: 4GB
- Storage expansion type: Micro SD card
- ROM available to user: 2GB
- Maximum storage expansion: 512GB (only one micro SD card slot)
Buttons and ports
- Buttons: Side buttons+side volume wheel+touchscreen
- Custom key mapping: N/A
- Headphone out: 3.5mm standard headphone output jack (shared PO/LO)
- Balanced output: N/A
- Line out: 3.5mm standard headphone output jack (shared PO/LO)
- USB connection: TYPE C USB2.0（charging / data transfer）
- Digital Coaxial/Optical out: N/A
- Color: Black/Silver(with more colors available in the future)
- Dimensions: 52mm×109mm×13mm
- Weight: About 116 g
- Volume control: 60 steps digital potentiometer
- Recommended headphone impedance: 16~100 Ω
- Equalizer: 10-band EQ (±6dB), 9 presets+custom preset
- Treble boost: N/A
- Bass boost: N/A
- Balance control: ±5 dB
- Gain control: N/A
- USB DAC: N/A
- USB power adapter: DC 5V/2A recommended
- Battery : Internal 1880mAh Li-polymer battery
- Charging indication: Red light indicates，blue light turns on after fully charged
- Charging time: ＜2.5 h（DC5V/2A）
- Battery indication: Yes (accurate battery % readings)
Battery Life & Test Conditions
3.5mm headphone output：≥20 h
- Volume: 15
- Load: M3 open earbuds (27 Ω)
- EQ: OFF
- Screen: OFF
- Test File: MP3 44.1kHz/16bit
Bluetooth output：＞26 h
- Volume: 60
- Load: 32Ω
- Test File: MP3 44.1kHz/16bit
- Screen: OFF
- Firmware Upgrade: Supported via zip file placed in internal storage or micro SD card , (*The product uses GPLv2 compliant firmware.)
- Font size: N/A
- Clock: Supported
- Third-party apps support; N/A
- Output power: >20mW（76MHz, >30mW（108MHz）
- SNR: >50dBA（76MHz, >70dBA（108MHz）
- THD+N: ＜0.3%（76MHz, ＜0.1%（108MHz）
- Frequency response: 20Hz~4KHz（-3dB）
- Covered region: 76－108MHz
Line output specifications
- THD+N: ＜0.004% (1 kHz/10kΩ)
- SNR: ≥117dB (A-weighted)
- Frequency response: 20Hz~90 kHz（-3dB）
- Noise floor: ＜3 uV
- Channel separation: ≥100dB (1 kHz)
- Line level: ＞1.2Vrms（10 kΩ/1 kHz）
Headphone out specifications (3.5mm headphone out jack)
- Output power 1: ≥70mW（16Ω / THD+N＜1%)
- Output impedance: ＜2 Ω（32Ω loaded）
- Output power 2: ≥40mW（32Ω /THD+N＜1%)
- THD+N: ＜0.004%
- Frequency response: 10Hz~90 kHz（-3dB）
- Peak output voltage: 3.35 Vp-p
- SNR: ≥117dB (A-weighted)
- Noise floor: ＜3 uV
File format support
- Lossless: DSD: DSD64（“.dsf”,“.dff”)
- APE - FAST: 192kHz/24bit（MAX.)
- Apple Lossless： 192kHz/24bit（MAX.)
- AIFF; 192kHz/24bit（MAX.）
- FLAC: 192kHz/24bit（MAX.)
- WAV: 192kHz/24bit（MAX.)
- WMA LOSSLESS: 96kHz/24bit（MAX.）
- Lossy compression: AAC、MP3、WMA、OGG
A Fully Moder Technological Core
The M7 is FiiO's first player to use Samsung's Exynos 7270 SoC(system on chip), made on the 14nm FinFET process. Compared to being made on the older 28nm process, the Exynos 7270's two ARM Cortex A53 cores use 20% less power for greater power efficiency and better battery life. The Exynos 7270 is also made with Samsung's groundbreaking SiP-ePoP packaging technology-this allows the storage,power management,and memory chips to be all crammed with the ARM cores into a single tiny package 40% smaller than if the chips were packaged separately such as in existing technologies. This extra space allows for better cooling, and most importantly, a bigger battery to greatly improve play time.
State-of-the-art-6-layer multi-stage Blind and Buried Via PCB technology
Because of the Exynos 7270's SiP-ePoP packaging technology,integrating it with the rest of the M7'sprinted circuit board(PCB) was a challenge but also allowed us to explore andimplement new technologies. Thus,the M7 is the first digital audio player to contain a 6-layer multi-stage HDI (high density interconnect) PCB, the same kind that is used in the latest smartphones. Being only 0.8mm thick, this allowed us to cram much more functionality into the body of the M7. Furthermore, we also employ blind and buried vias on the PCB, which allows the different components to work more closely in harmony as well as make the power supply section much more robust, guaranteeing superior first-rate sound quality.
The next step in audio:high fidelity wireless
The M7 utilizes a Samsung Bluetooth 4.2 chip that supports the aptX-HD audio codec, allowing you to enjoy your music in high fidelity without the hassle of wires. In addition, the M7 also supports Sony's LDAC wireless audio codec, which compared to ordinary Bluetooth audio transmits 3x the data for an unparalleled, truly high -resolution audio experience. Both the receiver and transmitter must support LDAC,aptX, or aptX-HD in order to use these audio codecs
Want to rock out even more? How about some USB audio out?
To give you even more ways tojam out to your music, FiiO's sottvvare team toiied throughcountiess days and nights to bring you USB audio digitai output tunctionaiity on the M7,with supporttorvarious sampiing rates and DSD output (inciuding DSDl28 support) Withthis, you can have the M7 act as a digitai transport cOhnected to an extemai device fordigitaietoeanaiog decoding We recommend pairingthe FiiO Q5 with the M7 eitherthrough USB or through Biuetooth toran exceiient sound experiences. We currentiy oniy guarantee the FiiO Q1 Mark II and the Q5 as beingtotally stablewhen paired with the M7 through USE.‘ This function requires the use of the FiiO CL06. USB Type-C to microrUSB adapter
ESS Sabre 9018 chip for unsurpassed sound quality
Within the core ofthe M7 lies the Sabre 9018Q2C chip by ESS, an SOC that neatlycombines a high-performance DAC and headphone amplifier into one tiny package.What separates this ESS chip from other commonly used combo audio chips are:(1) the 9018Q2C has two independent power supplies, one each forthe digital andanalog sections (2) the internal headphone amplifier has its own independent dualpower supply and (3) adjustable LPF (low-pass filter), which provides developerswith more flexibility to make the product sound exactly the way they want. All inall, the 9018Q2C saves space on the PCB,reduces power consumption comparedto competing solutions, and all while delivering up to 49mW of output power ata TH D+N of-1OO dB. The 9018Q2C has a signal-to-noise ratio of -121 dB, THD+N of -115 dB, and support for up to 384kHz/32 bit PCM and 11.2 MHz DSD (DSD256) audio
Why worry about charging with 40 days of standby time?
Lying within the Wis an 1180mAh batterythat, thanks to the Exynos 7270's advance l4nm fabrication process, allows the device to have a playtime otZO hours or more, or a standby time up to a whopping40 daysi in standby mode, you can instantly wake up the device so you can enjoy your music immediately wheneveryou want while still savingtons of power 20 40 Play time Standby time
Full touch screen operation in such an affordable device?
The M7 employs a 3,27inch 480 x 800 display with image zooming support, When combined with dedicated play/pause and skip buttons as well as a real volume wheel, every action you want to do isjust either a simple press or swipe away. The M7 also uses an innovative gesture system to get around different menus 7 simply swipe from different parts ofthe bottom of the screen to go back and to return home
More storage in a time of more listening
Some may say that only having 2GB of built-in storage doesn't make sense, and that a company shouldn’t even bother giving users such a paltry amount of storage We aT FiiO thought otherwise - even only 2GB ofstorage may be useful to people who only store a small amount of music and don't bother with micro SD cards orwhojust want as much space as they can get for their music. So we worked tirelessly to ensure that users had access to this 2GB with out affecting system fluidity orstability. Ofcourse, if you want access to your huge library you can do that too- the M7 supports up to a single 512GB micro SD card for storage expansion.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).