- Output power: >800mW (32 Ohm THD <1%)
- S/N ratio: >= 115dB
- THD+N: <0.002% (1kHz)
- Play time on a single charge: 13h
- Recommended headphone impedance: 16-300 Ohm
- Dimensions: 124mm x 65.5mm x 14.5mm
- Weight: 168g
It's All In The Details
FiiO has strived to constantly progress and innovate with fresh ideas in the portable amplifier market since its own entry. With the A5, we continue this tradition by striving to significantly improve over our previous products, the E12 series. Every last detail of the E12 series has been reworked and revamped so as to create a new headphone amplifier that not only maintains the E12 series' strenghts, but also rises above them for an even better product.
Strong Internals Make For A Lively Listen
The A5 continues to use the E12A's highly effective MUSES02 + LME49600 opamp combo. In addition, all major components utilize high-precision metal film resistors. These factors, along with better design and component selection, allow the A5 to achieve a total harmonic distortion (THD) rating of almost 0 percent (lower than the E12A's by 33%) and an improved signal-to-noise ratio of 115dB. All of these factors signify that the A5 has a gain level close to that of the E12, but has improved channel balance, lower noise floor, and overall a purer sound.
Clean and potent power is also extremely important to sound quality. The A5 contains a highly efficient, low-resistance power management system as well as dual +/-11V supplied power. This is a significant increase over the E12A's +/-7.4V supplied power and gives the A5 considerable power reserve that is unheard of among portable amplifiers. Finally, a +/- symmetrical power supply allows for the elimination of coupling capacitors. What does this all mean for the sound quality? Reduced distortion and increased dynamic range.
All of this aspects mean that the A5 combines the best of both the E12 and the E12A. Beyond just getting output power near that of the E12 with 800mW at 32 Ohm, you also get the E12A's exquisite abilities in reproducing music. And with the low/high gain switch you can enjoy the A5 on all kinds of headphones, from the most sensitive IEMs to the most power-hungry headphones.
Longer Battery Life Backed By Smart Charging
Contained in the A5 is an 880mAh 3S (three cells in series) battery. The A5 can automatically adjust the amount of current to the 3S battery when charging by detecting your particular charging equipment. Whether you charge from your computer's USB port, your cell phone charger, or even your tablet's charger, you can be assured that the A5 will choose the safe and appropriate charging speed. With a 5V/2A charger, the A5's battery can befully topped up in 2.5 hours -- faster and more convenient compared to other similar products. And despite the A5's high power output, the amp still lasts for a lengthy 12 hours.
Charging That Is Obvious At A Glance
The A5 has an LED specifically designed to let you know device's charging status immediately. Depending on the amount of current when charging, the LED will blink at an appropriate rate which allows you to quicklydetermine the present charging speed. There is also a working status indicator that lets you immediately know whether the unit is on or off.
All New CNC Milled Headphone Connectors
For the sake of creating an ever better product, no detail could be overlooked. The headphone connector was no exception. For the first time, we use a CNC stainless steel headphone connector ring, replacing the previously used copper. A plastic ring is pressed into the gap between this connector ring and the rest of the body, ensuring it is seamless integrated with zero gaps. Not only is this more aesthetically pleasing, the headphone connector is also sturdier due to the non existent gaps and the use of harder stainless steel.
Geometrical Beauty From A Functional 45°
We decided to break away from our design traditions when creating the A5. Take, for instance, the design of the volume knob. Inspired by string instruments, fifty-six 45° lines are etched onto the knob's surface. The laser-inspired red ring that adorns the knob gives it a distinct, characteristic look.
Fine Grains Of Zirconium For A Smooth Finish
Instead of the brushed metal finish of our earlier amps, we elected to go with a sandblasted finish for the A5. In the sandblasting process, abrasive material is forcefully sprayed into the body's surface with highly compressed air. This ensures that the surface is not only more durable, but also allows the anodized paint that gives the A5 its unique look to last longer. By having the aluminium body subjected to this process, the A5 is both more robust and striking in appearance.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).