He's one of the most influential guitar players in history and Music Store Live is proud to offer up this limited edition Fender Custom Shop Jimi Hendrix Signature Stratocaster!
Whether you're looking at this guitar to pay homage to the man himself, or you just want one of the best strats that money can buy, these are the guys that wrote the book on strats. You will not find a better replication of Jimi's iconic strat that he used at Woodstock than this one. The Fender Custom Shop luthiers are some of the best on the planet at what they do. This guitar is a great example of what they're capable of.
As an avowed Stratocaster fanatic, Jimi Hendrix had many examples pass through his hands. One, in particular, stood out to him, eventually being graced with a name—Izabella—inspiring the song of the same title. This guitar’s most famous appearance was during his August 18th, 1969 performance at Woodstock, which featured his incendiary rendition of ‘Star Spangled Banner’. The artisans at the Fender Custom Shop have recreated this iconic instrument in painstaking detail—even down to the scratches and dings—leaving no (third) stone unturned in their quest for accuracy. We’re proud to present the result: the Limited Edition Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster, a representation of the way the Olympic White Stratocaster looked when he strapped it on that Monday morning at Yasgur’s farm and serenaded the rising sun, backed by Gypsy Sun and The Rainbows, bringing his brand of “electric church music” to the masses.
Purchased at Manny’s Music in NYC in ’68, this guitar (Serial Number 240981) was slightly modified to reflect Hendrix’s needs as a left-handed player, including being drilled for a strap button on the lower horn—a modification we reproduced here. This model is period-correct, from the stripeless “‘60s Oval C”-shaped maple neck with a 7.25”-radius round-lam maple fingerboard, bearing 21 vintage-style frets. The period-accurate 3-ply Parchment pickguard is loaded with a trio of hand-wound ’69 Strat® pickups tied together with vintage-style wiring and a 3-way pickup switch. Other features include vintage-style “F” tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, custom strap, custom headband, coiled cable, commemorative booklet and Certificate of Authenticity.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model Name: Limited Edition Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster®
- Model #: 1508692805
- Series: Custom Artist
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Aged Olympic White
- Body: Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Neck Material: Flat Sawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Style
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '69 Strat® Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '69 Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '69 Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade - Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Closet Classic
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Custom Strap, Custom Headband, Coil Cable, Booklet, Certificate of Authenticity
- Case: Fender Custom Shop Black Tolex Hardshell
- Serial #: JH0231
- Instrument Weight: 7.7 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Fender. This Limited Edition Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).